F4i NOT getting oil pressure, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 04:18 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: F4i NOT getting oil pressure, HELP!

Originally Posted by old man roger
i know that kawi pumps have a little pin that goes through the shaft and that pin slides into a slot in the pump gear [not really a gear but you know what i mean]

if some thing were to get into the pump some how and jam the pump then that little pin would break and the shaft would just spin ,maybe if the honda pump is the same style you may have broken the pin and the motor is turning the shaft but not really turning the pump...again just a shot in the dark
IT does have that pin your talking about, but its fine =\

I just disassembled the pump completly, and it looks soooooo perfect

I think imma just go ghetto with it and use mmy power drill to dry and build pressure, see if I can at least get oil to squirt out the top end

Do you think it would be ok on the motor to get oil pressure without running? Like, can I turn the pump with a drill and not harm anything? (all the pump is connected to, is the water pump, as long as my clutch is out)
Old 02-24-2008, 04:24 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

can you turn the pump with a drill ?

there is no way to do it on my 636

i use to prime car motors with a drill all the time so if you can turn the pump with a drill it won't hurt any thing
Old 02-24-2008, 04:26 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old man roger
can you turn the pump with a drill ?

there is no way to do it on my 636

i use to prime car motors with a drill all the time so if you can turn the pump with a drill it won't hurt any thing
ya I think I can

The main sprocket on it is just held on with a 10mm, I'll just have to throw a 10mm socket in the drill

Btw thanks for the help! :YEAH

Hopefully I can get this **** figured out without dropping cash on a motor
Old 02-24-2008, 04:42 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

becarefull you don't snap that bolt off ......
Old 02-24-2008, 07:23 PM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

it couldnt be any RTV that came off inside and floated in somewhere...?
Old 02-24-2008, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by martino
it couldnt be any RTV that came off inside and floated in somewhere...?
nah man I doubt it

I know, I know, rvt is the meth head way of doing it...

Personally I always talk **** on rvt

but the STOCK honda oil pan and clutch gasket, are both honda bond sealant!

There is no factory oil pan or clutch gasket, just that black honda sealant..

Thats the ONLY reason I used it.. If there was a gasket from teh factory, I woulda used it.. But there isn't so I didn't lol

Also I checked real close, and there wasn't any sealant chunks or anything broke off in the motor. None of the bottom end, none in the clutch side

Also, the pickup has a screen in it, so chunks of rvt couldn't even pass into the oil pump passages

It just kills me not knowing whats wrong. I mean ****, what else is there other then the oil pickup, pressure relief valve, oil pump, and pressure sensor up top

I'm lost lol

when I get home in a hour or two Imma hook up my drill and see if I can pump oil manually that way
Old 02-24-2008, 08:56 PM

Also if there is any parts you all think I should pull off my friends bike to put on mine to test, let me know..

I got a good f4i sitting in my garage, that wont be rode for another week or two, so I can yank parts..

I've just been too lazy to start dropping his headers and oil pan and pulling his parts, when all my parts appear perfect
Old 02-24-2008, 09:21 PM

Ok well I got pressure now, with a drill

I'm not sure if whatever was wrong is fixed or what, but if I get pressure with the drill, I think it'll get pressure on its own

Now, I'm thinking the very last time I put it together without the stuntex setup, it could have built its own pressure if I let it run for 20+ seconds, but I didnt have the ***** to let it run that long..

But what gets me, is why did it lose pressure to begin with?

I can understad it taking a while to build up pressure after I took it all apart. But why did it lose pressure in the lot and leave me stuck?

ANyways I have no idea why, I'm hoping its just the stuntex setup.

Imma go out and spin the drill some more (go ahead and make sure everything is lubed up good before I try to run it) then throw my clutch back in, and see if I can get pressure on its own..
But I think its fine now :YEAH

edit: Btw **** the weather lol.. Nicest day in 2 weeks was today, hit like 41...
Now its supposed to snow tomorrow

WHY COULDN'T I RIDE TODAY!

Last edited by Towlieee; 02-24-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:35 PM

Its alive

Just threw the clutch in, and cranked on it, took about 6 seconds to build pressure.

Let the pressure go away, then it took about 2 sceonds to build pressure :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH

I have NO idea what caused it.. Maybe it was the stuntex, maybe I installed it wrong, maybe it was my super tech oil filter (only 200 miles on it though..)

I dunno, whatever it was, its returned to stock, and it works

:YEAH
Old 02-24-2008, 10:54 PM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

Isn't the stuntex pickup just a tube ? How could that effect anything ? Never seen a new oil filter clogged either
Old 02-24-2008, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Crazy D
Isn't the stuntex pickup just a tube ? How could that effect anything ? Never seen a new oil filter clogged either
On the f4i, its not even a tube.. Its almost ME getting FUCKED since its just 2 thin peices of metal (unlike the gsxr, which is a tube, which looks like it would be hard to machine, and costs the same as a f4i pickup???)

lol

I dunno how I could **** it up, but I guess I could, IDK... On the f4i, its just a metal gasket, and a metal ring thing (uh that sounds stupid?)

It spaces the pickup out though, definitely changing how its setup from the factory.. Of course, it might have been fine and that might not have been my problem, IDK!

Either way, I've had my oil pan off 4 times now I think, in less then a month.. And only rode 100 miles since!

So I'm not ******* witth that stuntex any more, I'm DONE! lol... I'l just keep running a quart over :YEAH

but for a gixxer I still think they are good to have! but for a f4i, **** it, why deal with the headache when no one else runs one :YEAH

edit: and in all honesty, not that I think about it, i have NO clue how it could be the pickup..

because, you could really take your stock pick up OFF, not even have a pickup, and as long as your bike was standing straight up, it woudl still suck oil (the oil is high enough in the motor that it covers the pickup hole, so you dont even need a pickup if your NOT riding it)

So even if I messed up installing it, and the pickup gasket leaked, it woudl still suck oil...

so IDK

and I dunno how a new filter would get clogged... But people always talk **** on super tech filters, so I went ahead and changed the filter out even though it only had 200 miles on it..
But I put another super tech right back on it.. so **** it? lol...

I run super tech filters on everything.. my bike, my car, and my friends raptor660 lol
Old 02-25-2008, 12:33 AM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

nice man, im glad it worked out, so the oil pump just gulped a bunch of air and stop pushing pressure?
Old 02-25-2008, 01:06 AM
also known as OMR

cut the filter open and see if there is some thing in there or if the filter collapsed or some thing if not it sounds like it was the pick up......