Need Some Opinions !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 12:17 PM

5150nj-1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Need Some Opinions !!!!!

my friend who ridin my other friends 929 here and there went out and bought himself a 929. sunday about 7 of us went out riding and brought him along. before we rode we all told him to ride within his limits and just use his head. after riding for about a half hour i was getting pissed at him cause he kept racing to the front of the pack and riding cars asses and not keeping a constant speed. he would keep flooring the throttle and letting off. so at the next traffic light i scolded him and told him this isn't a race and to relax. well that worked for about 10 minutes. we stunted out way to this spot (round valley) with some nice twisties and told him to go slow and get used to leaning the bike and stay in the back. we took one pass through and took a break in the park, before heading through again. on the way out of the park he raced to the front of the pack to get to the road first. 3 guys went by him before the first turn, then i was gonna pass him but i didn't want to startle him so i hung behind a safe distance. he tried hanging with the first 3 guys and took the turn faster than his capability. in the middle of the turn, i guess he thought he wasn't gonna make it and paniced and stood the bike back up straight as if he were going down a straight road. he hit the guardrail and went down. the bike slid and then went in front of me. i was locked up and in order to not crash myself i had to go in between the bike and the guard rail. my friend i guess though i was gonna hit him or ??? and he moved into my way and forced me closer to his spinning and sliding bike cause it to damage my bike.

My question is do i make him pay for the damages? my bike is a year old and i am a fanatic. i stunt and ride the **** out of it but don't have 1 single scratch in it. now it has a huge scrape mark and rubber marks and a couple cracks in the lower left fairing. i feel bad for him and all but why should i pay for his mistake. he is lucky i didn't hit him or panic and put my bike down ontop of him...

thanx for any opinions...
Old 04-07-2003, 01:59 PM

-Eric- is an unknown quantity at this point
das a hell of a predicament man... i wreck my bike and i don't care, someone else causes me to wreck after i tell them to slow down and stop being stupid, im extremely pissed. i dont know about making him pay though, how good of a friend is he?? if this is just some schmuck you ride with make him pay, but if its a life long friend who just bought a bike and wrecked you, i dunno maybe work something out with him so it dosent break the bank. and why is a new rider buying a 929?? that was where your problem began, just my .
Old 04-08-2003, 12:08 PM

nappers_SD is an unknown quantity at this point
How about insurance? Does he have any? If so, I'd explain to him that you're going to go through your insurance and they'll probably find him liable. Explain that you are insured and if it wasn't his fault then your insurance will be paying. Hopefully, he is insured. If not, good luck getting anything.

Just my
Old 04-08-2003, 05:41 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

od1nixer is an unknown quantity at this point
Screw the niceties, man. Money is money. You need by no fault of your own, all morals go out the window. imho
Old 04-08-2003, 10:23 PM

5150nj-1 is an unknown quantity at this point
we've been friends for a long time, but he's a pot head focker now and i don't agree with his daily thoughts. my bike only needs a left side fairing ($340) and that's less than my deductible. his damages are around $2200......and now a days insurance companies get rid of you if you have too many claims, so i save the insurance jobs for the big crashes..
Old 04-09-2003, 05:17 PM

duttybwoy is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know cuz. I mean he fell in front of you, he didn't hit you. As an experienced rider you should have seen what was about to happen to your man. I usually stay away from those "Loose Cannons". You gotta take most of the blame. If it was me I would just eat it and fix my own joint, a little wiser. Just my 3 cents........
Old 04-10-2003, 07:36 PM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough
Sounds like you had plenty of observations to know better than to ride with that jacka$$.Shoulda got out while you had the chance.Sux learning the hard way but at least you will remember it.
Old 04-11-2003, 09:51 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Now you have stunt plastics! If you make him pay for new ones or buy them yourself, don't put them on if you are still gonna stunt. 1 day, you'll be happy you didn't!
Old 04-11-2003, 03:37 PM

metric2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
das a hell of a predicament man... i wreck my bike and i don't care, someone else causes me to wreck after i tell them to slow down and stop being stupid, im extremely pissed. i dont know about making him pay though, how good of a friend is he?? if this is just some schmuck you ride with make him pay, but if its a life long friend who just bought a bike and wrecked you, i dunno maybe work something out with him so it dosent break the bank. and why is a new rider buying a 929?? that was where your problem began, just my .

origionally by f41 Erik

I agree to the fullest
Old 04-11-2003, 03:56 PM

JDubbin is an unknown quantity at this point
Dang, that sux. I mean if he is a good friend. I would let him know that he really pissed me off and he almost took a few others down with him while he was riding recklessly. You don't have to make him buy you a new fairing, even though that would be nice, but let him know he is out of control. I feel you need to seriously get on him and keep on him for his riding. He might not have a guard rail next time. But if you are goin to stunt alot, it will get a bit banged up after a while. It sounds to me like you know how to properly ride, so be a good friend and show him the way a tru stunter pimp does it.