Bike got jacked... what to buy now...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 09:02 PM

Lance__ is an unknown quantity at this point
Bike got jacked... what to buy now...

Well my 929 got stolen of of my truck on the 1st. And i am getting tired of riding my dirtbike. So i figure i need a new bike. I was thinking of buying a brand new bike. So i guess that means no stunting it. I would love to keep stunting. But i dont see myself spending 10grand and bashing it in a parking lot. So it only gonna be freeway stand ups for awhile... So i was thinking a 06 What do you guys, think the GSXR, CBR, Yamaha? i am thinking 1000 i just want to crave cornors and have something that my wife will be comfortable on... Any advice would be great... The main thing i was thinking about is comfotablity. I plan on long weekends rides... I was even thinking of maybe a 919.... Anyways see ya
Old 02-16-2006, 07:34 PM

AK-47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bike got jacked... what to buy now...

Man I love 919's! They look so badass to me. Man they are my favorite Honda's.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:36 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

umm, get an f4i and stunt.. u're more likely to crash carvin canyons then doin slow ****.. just keep your headlight and upper on the side and when the lady friend wants to ride, toss it on there... hey i just drove through tucson. do you do that event at the honda dealership down there? one of my helmets was stolen and the other flew out of the truck on the freeway, and i heard that dude gives away helmets.. fill me in
Old 02-18-2006, 01:48 AM

yeah i have been to that event at Arizona Honda. They usually give away a nice helmet to first place and pretty much nothing to everyone else... I try not to hang with the guys that go there they talk alot of **** and are willing to fight over who can wheelie better and what not... Yeah i was consitering getting a f4i... Are the new ones anydifferent except for the single seat?.... Can i just bolt up older plastics and seat? anyways man we need to ride sometime seems like things are better in phx so maybe i'll come up there and ride with you guys...
Old 02-19-2006, 12:03 AM

odin is an unknown quantity at this point

if i was you id buy myself a new 1000rr.....but thats just me
Old 02-20-2006, 01:34 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lance Swentesky
yeah i have been to that event at Arizona Honda. They usually give away a nice helmet to first place and pretty much nothing to everyone else... I try not to hang with the guys that go there they talk alot of **** and are willing to fight over who can wheelie better and what not... Yeah i was consitering getting a f4i... Are the new ones anydifferent except for the single seat?.... Can i just bolt up older plastics and seat? anyways man we need to ride sometime seems like things are better in phx so maybe i'll come up there and ride with you guys...
yeah deff come up and ride, it's all love up here, nobody is drama or anything... well how good are those guys? and with the new f4i you can put a 01-03 subframe n plastics on there and you would never know.. but then again u're paying 9 grand for a f4i you can buy used for like 4 ya know?
Old 02-25-2006, 11:52 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

636 Is A Nice Stunt Bike
Old 02-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough

Coming from a 929 and thinking about your riding style, Id say take a look at the 1000RR which I hear is great! Or if you like the Yamahas, go check out the new R1 as i hear they are awesome as well. the baddest boy on the block these days is the Kawasaki... I dont like em but they are fast. Everyone has a GSXR, yt there is a reason for that as well.

My opinion, if you came from a 929, go look at a couple year old 954 or get a new 1000RR.... offf wifeys comfort... Both of you should goto a dealer and make sure that you are both comfortable on the bikes. Thats what I would do.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:56 PM

LOZ- is a decent person

I got a 2005 1000rr and is very comfortable. the rear seat is nothing to brag about but hey, its a sportsbike to begin with, so they arent really concerned with how comfortable the passenger will be. out of all the sportsbike ive sat on...1000ccs, the RR is the most comfortable, imo.

so sit in one, with your wife and see how she likes it. or get a cruiser.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:06 AM

lookingbackword is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a 954 and work at a honda dealer. My girl came and sat on a '06 zx10 and '06 1000rr she liked the 954 seat better plus they have a huge trunk...
Old 02-27-2006, 06:07 AM

you know... I just have this funny feeling the first day i get whatever it might be that i get. I am going to end up by-passing the tip sensor and scraping the taillight off. I really want to have a nice clean bike... But i can't get rid of this feeling i have to just stunt it up hardcore... Decsions are hard... I think i might have to get a 954 just in case i start stunting.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:06 PM

tim 67 is an unknown quantity at this point

stunt and get a HONDA:YEAH