converting a F3 to a double seater

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 02:29 PM

MAVERICKgsxR is an unknown quantity at this point
converting a F3 to a double seater

ok im getting tired of my f3's banana seat i dont like it for seat standers doesnt feel the same as being on a bike with a double seat...so heres my question....which subframe would work for this custom peice what year of bike and could i use a key to open the little latch that usually comes with this style of bike??? please let me know i have money in hand and need to buy my parts asap thanks for the advice in advanced...
MAVERICK
TwK
UP ON 1!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 02:27 AM

MAVERICKgsxR is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: converting a F3 to a double seater

ive been doing some research but i havent found anything yet could anybody help me look around for articles or something
Old 01-25-2006, 05:49 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

get used to the banana.....EDUB from team outermost loves his banana seat.....he does foot on seat circles and everything with it. Or save that money you have and buy an f4/f4i....the f4 is banana too, but the f4i subframe swaps right on
Old 01-25-2006, 09:33 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

yeah i know alot of people with banannas, and they love em and wouldnt rock anything else....
Old 01-26-2006, 10:48 AM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

A friend just picked up a stunted out F3 as a first stunt bike. He came off a 2001 R1 and hates the banana too. He asked how much time/effort/money it would take to get an F4i tail on there. Anything can be done, but for the money and work to get it done on a bike thats going to get killed anyways...forget it. The F4's get swapped all the time, not a big job.

Rock your F3 the way it was made and save your money for the next big thing.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

yep, just put up w/ it until you can get the dough for a 636, or, heaven forbid, an f4i
Old 01-26-2006, 11:55 AM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by taguy001
Well the subframes are welded on so i don't think you're going to be doing any switching as far as that goes, and most subframes are aluminum as opposed to the steel used on the f3's so welding them on isn't an option either. As far as putting a different setup on, you can use 600rr of f4i, you can just slip it over the subframe and rig something up or you can cut the front of the tail pieces off the stock f3 tail and fiberglass them onto the new tail, which is probably what i'd recommend doing. Fiberglassing is easy, they sell the kits at home depot, get some bondo to while your at it because you'll need it to smooth everything out. Can't say for sure about the locking mechanisim though.

You could do this and for the lock..... you dont need one break it off and just reach under the tail and pull the cable everrytime you need in there