*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Classifieds .. Heres the deal

Originally Posted by 420gixxer
im trying to fix something and you wanna keep posting
Old 01-25-2006, 04:53 PM

420gixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

man our site is free,I am not tryin to make you upset,they want free we gave em free you guys missed the boat........
Old 01-25-2006, 04:55 PM

420gixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

im cool though,I wont say another word about it on this site,other than advertising should be able to pay for the bandwidth if you got 30000 members and millions of hits.....
Old 01-25-2006, 05:12 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Regstunts
That is 100% true. However Tiller has laid it out and Greg wants to make a small buck off us selling on his bandwith...more than fair and it's the bottom line.

My idea is this...

-Contributors can start threads/post ONLY.
-Non-contributors can view the classifieds forum and PM the posters with offers and what not. (This will eliminate any thread hi-jackers trying to sell in contributors threads)
-Contributors requirements should be affordable. Keeping in mind that some guys will post one part a week and some one a year, I would say $15 minimum to post/year. Start everyone off fresh when the forums open.

Hope this gets in gear soon!!
best idea i've heard so far, make it so that non contributing members can only view BUT NOT POST in the classifieds...if this does happen I wouldnt mind contributing 15-20 bucks a year
Old 01-25-2006, 05:25 PM

truestunna is an unknown quantity at this point

how many other message boards charge members to post classifieds? None that i can think of, i think somebody is just getting greedy, you make your money off sponsors not charging to post classfieds. I could see if he was losing money keeping the board up but i'm sure he makes plenty of profit off the sponsors alone. Adding classfieds brings more traffic to your board and the more traffic you have the more you can charge for advertising. I'd also bet that compared to the people that just come here to post that don't even ride, the people who do use the classfieds are also the majority of people who buy things from sponsors and those people obviously aren't going to be coming here as much. IMO it was a stupid move to get rid of the classifieds considering it's bringing less business to the paying sponsors on here, though i'm sure they don't realize that.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:28 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

if you gotta ask who greg is you have problems.....greg is shugga, the OWNER of this site, and a man who has done more for this sport than 90 percent of the people involved in this sport.....

contributers can sell, everybody can view....i think this is fair....lets do it!
Old 01-25-2006, 06:21 PM

yzfrone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan S
if you gotta ask who greg is you have problems.....greg is shugga, the OWNER of this site, and a man who has done more for this sport than 90 percent of the people involved in this sport.....

contributers can sell, everybody can view....i think this is fair....lets do it!

i hear you man, shugga is the man but like i mentioned before...

Good idea or not its not going to fly....let me explain

contributors? well what about all the people that already contributed 5 bucks to get the title? how is shugga make money off that?

hell, lets pass this law, ill pay five bucks and get a cool logo and sell all i want.....i dont think thatll fly.

AND a 1$ or something per selling thread? ...well ill stop blabbling.

Tiller, shugga would make some cash faster if he promotes non stunt related links and just ASK EVERYONE TO CLICK ON IT so he gets paid per click.

and tiller i seriously give you props for the looking out for community...im just trying to base the facts from arguments in the past.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:24 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

man our site is free,I am not tryin to make you upset,they want free we gave em free you guys missed the boat........
does Pepsi advertise on Coke website ?
Old 01-25-2006, 07:26 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

im cool though,I wont say another word about it on this site,other than advertising should be able to pay for the bandwidth if you got 30000 members and millions of hits.....
u dont get paid by members or hits

and i dont know about u but theres only a couple advertisers on here and they didnt start that long ago

Last edited by TILLER; 01-25-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:32 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

Originally Posted by truestunna
how many other message boards charge members to post classifieds? None that i can think of, i think somebody is just getting greedy, you make your money off sponsors not charging to post classfieds. I could see if he was losing money keeping the board up but i'm sure he makes plenty of profit off the sponsors alone. Adding classfieds brings more traffic to your board and the more traffic you have the more you can charge for advertising. I'd also bet that compared to the people that just come here to post that don't even ride, the people who do use the classfieds are also the majority of people who buy things from sponsors and those people obviously aren't going to be coming here as much. IMO it was a stupid move to get rid of the classifieds considering it's bringing less business to the paying sponsors on here, though i'm sure they don't realize that.
so paying for this site out of his own pocket since '02 and now hes trying to make a lil coin of 4 sale items here and u *****ing ?

ever hear of Ebay ?
Old 01-25-2006, 07:37 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

Originally Posted by yzfrone
and tiller i seriously give you props for the looking out for community...im just trying to base the facts from arguments in the past.
im just trying to come to a middle ground

ive said since the beginning .. Stuntrader sucks .. and I feel $5 is nothing to people .. christ its a pack of smokes or not even 2 gallons of gas

the whole thing is people always have to have something they ***** about .. look at all the complaints when the site went down for 2-3 days at a rip

ya dont see that hardly anymore .. why ? cus hes working on making this place better for us "community" guys and gals have a place to hang out

ps.. if this goes thru .. my next project is to get my boy Cleves back!!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:44 PM

bikefreak600 is an unknown quantity at this point

contributer can sell , anyone can just read and pm...that sounds fair
Old 01-25-2006, 07:53 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

That is 100% true. However Tiller has laid it out and Greg wants to make a small buck off us selling on his bandwith...more than fair and it's the bottom line.

My idea is this...

-Non-contributors can view the classifieds forum and PM the posters with offers and what not. (This will eliminate any thread hi-jackers trying to sell in contributors threads)
-Contributors requirements should be affordable. Keeping in mind that some guys will post one part a week and some one a year, I would say $15 minimum to post/year. Start everyone off fresh when the forums open.

tiller this sounds the best..........
Old 01-25-2006, 08:04 PM

Jeryd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GSE Nick

My idea is this...

except i say make it $1 per thread you would get more $ plus it wouldnt cost so much for fly by night people that want a quick sale then they're out
or id say 5-10 per yr max
Old 01-25-2006, 08:07 PM

also i just want to add I/we cant thank you enough for addressing this matter and helping to make change!
Old 01-26-2006, 08:00 AM
*****SL.COM OG*****

Originally Posted by Jeryd
except i say make it $1 per thread you would get more $ plus it wouldnt cost so much for fly by night people that want a quick sale then they're out
or id say 5-10 per yr max
the whole problem with that is adding them as a contributor 1 day and then removing it the next

just got another idea

how about a new tag "Stuntlife Seller" or something like that ?
Old 01-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Regular StuntLifer

godslayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yzfrone
i hear you man, shugga is the man but like i mentioned before...

Good idea or not its not going to fly....let me explain

contributors? well what about all the people that already contributed 5 bucks to get the title? how is shugga make money off that?

hell, lets pass this law, ill pay five bucks and get a cool logo and sell all i want.....i dont think thatll fly.

AND a 1$ or something per selling thread? ...well ill stop blabbling.

Tiller, shugga would make some cash faster if he promotes non stunt related links and just ASK EVERYONE TO CLICK ON IT so he gets paid per click.

Well since you are convinced that NOBODY WILL PAY then let them put their garbage, beat-up bikes and parts on Ebay.

Oh, wait. Ebay charges you too....and they have 10's of 1,000's more members than this little "stunting/drama" website has.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:12 AM
*****SL.COM OG*****

we can do a pepsi challenge...anytime.....
why did ya delete this ?
Old 01-26-2006, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by TILLER
the whole problem with that is adding them as a contributor 1 day and then removing it the next

just got another idea

how about a new tag "Stuntlife Seller" or something like that ?

i didnt think of that... i guess i see why you do what you do lol
i hope they get back in running man and whatever it takes and whatever you/ shugg decide im there
Old 01-26-2006, 12:28 PM

truestunna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TILLER
so paying for this site out of his own pocket since '02 and now hes trying to make a lil coin of 4 sale items here and u *****ing ?

ever hear of Ebay ?
Like i said that's what sponsors are for, you don't try and make money off your members, and you never answered my question how many other boards charge people to post for sale adds? None that i'm a member of and i'm on quite a few. Oh and i guarntee you he makes quite a good amount of money off his sponsor's, like i said......greddy

Quick Reply: Classifieds .. Heres the deal