When is too old too late?

Old 06-30-2008, 03:20 AM

AzN~BoI_585 is an unknown quantity at this point
When is too old too late?

I was just wondering what you guys thought about this. When are you too old to try and be competitive?

I've been thinkin about this lately and the odds are stacked against me i think. Im already 23 and I didnt grow up riding like everyone else, oh yea and I live in upstate NY where FMX doesnt seem to be that big at all...and although going to comps and getting sponsors are not my reason for riding, it would be a goal to try and reach.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:49 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: When is too old too late?

your only bound by your own lack of initiative

never to old to do anything you put your mind to
Old 06-30-2008, 05:54 AM

k7-600 will become famous soon enough

how old was evel when he last performed?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:07 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

When your knees cant take it anymore
Old 06-30-2008, 10:38 AM

23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AzN~BoI_585
I was just wondering what you guys thought about this. When are you too old to try and be competitive?
When you've lost the drive to do what it is your doing

Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Oh didn't realize it was motorcross fmx... Ummm depends on your body I guess
Old 06-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

I dont think its a matter of age as much as the condition of your mind and body. Not to get all Mr. Miagi or anything but if your body has been condition and well taken care of and you have the right mind frame it seems like someone could do what ever they wanted. Im 31, fat, and spent most of my life ******* off. I spend a half a day on my 50 and im fucked for two days.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:21 PM

YodaCon is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to set your goals yourself and stop asking other people what you can achieve. At 23 your still young get out there and ride your fucin *** off and see how far you get. Dont set unrealistic goals but also dont find excuses before you start.

Im 32 and every day I ride I go all out everything I have until I cant ride anymore, and the next day I wake up sore as hell and do it again. There is young talent on here pushing things further then i ever imagined, I may not be the best but Im def not the worst and thats what keeps me goin.

Better to try and fail, then fail to try.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:59 PM

ClintBorneo is a decent person

Originally Posted by 23
When you've lost the drive to do what it is your doing

i know its an old thread but i am 33 and just started stunting a year ago. i ride with guys age 17 -29 and age is but a number..
Old 07-13-2008, 10:56 AM

flafmxer is a decent person

It's never to l8 to start, comp wize thats up to you. I'm 27 butI've been doing it for ever. A guy who does shows with me is over 40, and he's way better then me. His name is Paul Smith. Check out his web site www.paulsmithfmx.com
Old 07-13-2008, 11:42 AM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by YodaCon
You need to set your goals yourself and stop asking other people what you can achieve. At 23 your still young get out there and ride your fucin *** off and see how far you get. Dont set unrealistic goals but also dont find excuses before you start.

Im 32 and every day I ride I go all out everything I have until I cant ride anymore, and the next day I wake up sore as hell and do it again. There is young talent on here pushing things further then i ever imagined, I may not be the best but Im def not the worst and thats what keeps me goin.

Better to try and fail, then fail to try.
Im not one to ordinarily + 1 people , because I always have my own opinion, you hit the head on the nail +1!

I mean if I was 23 and I wanted to do freestyle MX , it would obviously mean that i had a passion for it and not just because I thought it was cool or something. Dude if you feel like this is something you want to do , then just go do it, who n the *** cares about what other peoples thoughts are about something you want to do? are you kidding me
Old 07-13-2008, 11:48 AM

ClintBorneo is a decent person

[quote=-nelson;3392898]Im not one to ordinarily + 1 people , because I always have my own opinion, you hit the head on the nail +1!

I mean if I was 23 and I wanted to do freestyle MX , it would obviously mean that i had a passion for it and not just because I thought it was cool or something. Dude if you feel like this is something you want to do , then just go do it, who n the *** cares about what other peoples thoughts are about something you want to do? are you kidding me[/quote

+111111111111:YEAH :YEAH
Old 07-18-2008, 06:45 AM

SquidStunter is a decent person
Talking Re: When is too old too late?

[quote=ClintBorneo;3392904]
Originally Posted by -nelson
Im not one to ordinarily + 1 people , because I always have my own opinion, you hit the head on the nail +1!

I mean if I was 23 and I wanted to do freestyle MX , it would obviously mean that i had a passion for it and not just because I thought it was cool or something. Dude if you feel like this is something you want to do , then just go do it, who n the *** cares about what other peoples thoughts are about something you want to do? are you kidding me[/quote

+111111111111:YEAH :YEAH

yeah,,, +1111.... Your old only when you give up on having ******* fun.... :YEAH
Old 07-25-2008, 11:04 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

motopimp568 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flafmxer
It's never to l8 to start, comp wize thats up to you. I'm 27 butI've been doing it for ever. A guy who does shows with me is over 40, and he's way better then me. His name is Paul Smith. Check out his web site www.paulsmithfmx.com
ramp-pa is the ****** man! i was wit him when we were learning to flip at Pastranas house. a ****** insperation to everyone. over 40 and killin it, loving life, and i think he has a young *** gf too. my ****** hero for real
Old 07-25-2008, 11:12 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

23 is not old ,even in fmx
Old 08-05-2008, 02:21 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

motopimp568 is an unknown quantity at this point

26 and still learning....

Name:  myspacefliperxxx.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  30.6 KB

Old 11-05-2008, 10:26 PM

chassie6924 is a decent person

If its your dream and passion. Do it. Don't give up...

Don't let age interfere with your dream... Everyone blooms at certain ages in their lives...
Old 11-05-2008, 11:25 PM
JENNY JENN is my bieootch

ninjakiller34 can only hope to improve

I met this dude recently who i think is my age or just a little bit younger...im 28. But hes only been riding for 3 years. He travels to CHINA does Stunt shows all that. with only 3 years experience. He just put in the work...its all in your head....everything is. you dont have to start off 8 years old riding dirt bikes to be considered good like how everyone says thats what you gotta do. he put his mind to it and hes doing well for himself
Old 03-05-2009, 12:13 AM
N2DEEP Freestyle Team

gress fmx is an unknown quantity at this point

I would have to say your to old when the day you have trouble doing A heel clicker look back twista grab... K.C. higgns Paul smith and I are over the 30 mark and still kicking.. Age is just A number...
Old 03-07-2009, 11:23 PM
haters are your best fans

DaHammer is an unknown quantity at this point

****, im only 22 but i dont have time to ride even if i wanted to. being active duty army and married. if im not at work im spending time with her or tryin to catch up on sleep or drinking much needed bud light and jager

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: When is too old too late?