Old 11-09-2009, 10:56 AM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about
Switchback!

Name:  switchback.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  54.0 KB

Had never tried before and was bored between rides sunday... So started messing around trying it... And all i have to say is it made me feel like one uncoordinated mother ******... I think one time i got maybe 10 feet before i busted it lol Guess i will keep trying cause it was pretty fun to crash over and over... Anyone else have any pictures? I cant wait to do it while in a wheelie
Old 11-09-2009, 10:59 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Switchback!

you need rear axle pegs and you start from sitting in the bars , then it's easy ....
Old 11-09-2009, 11:02 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i just reread your first post , you dont need axle pegs just to ride around like that but for wheelies it makes it alot easier but definitely sit on your bars either way
Old 11-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

I've tried a couple times and I'm thinking it's not for me
Old 11-09-2009, 11:14 AM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by old man roger
i just reread your first post , you dont need axle pegs just to ride around like that but for wheelies it makes it alot easier but definitely sit on your bars either way
Put your glasses on old man i have rear pegs But thanks! i will try it on the bars and pegs
Old 11-09-2009, 11:16 AM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by stick1300
I've tried a couple times and I'm thinking it's not for me
Lol i know the feeling man... This makes wheelies feel like walking So many things felt not right when i was trying it and i am betting 80% of my problem is a mental block if not more..
Old 11-09-2009, 11:32 AM
also known as OMR

for just riding around put the 50 in second gear so it's not as torquey and sit on the bars , cover the front brake and just go slow
Old 11-09-2009, 11:36 AM
T/C
Squid...

for just riding around put the 50 in second gear so it's not as torquey and sit on the bars , cover the front brake and just go slow
Cool I will give it another shot tonight Thanks again OMR
Old 11-09-2009, 01:45 PM
50 NUT

reynolds_brad is an unknown quantity at this point

add the pegs and a hand brake and start pulling them up.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:53 PM
N2O
Never 2 old 2 die!

N2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud of

you need rear axle pegs and you start from sitting in the bars , then it's easy ....
Have you tried to stand backwards on the front axle pegs, riding off the front end of the bike?
Thats hecka harder i think.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:09 PM

prickster is an unknown quantity at this point

Most importantly, learn something from this video and Brad's pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdxtH...e=channel_page

WEAR A HELMET!!!! Notice the twitching at the end... Not cool...
Old 11-09-2009, 03:39 PM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by prickster
Most importantly, learn something from this video and Brad's pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdxtH...e=channel_page

WEAR A HELMET!!!! Notice the twitching at the end... Not cool...
Ouch..
Old 11-09-2009, 04:18 PM
50 NUT

One other suggestion when attempting the switchback stuff. Make sure all other riders know not to ride in your path. I rolled up into a wheelie once and road right into the side of some poor ******. Ended up smashing the **** out of him and falling on my head.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by reynolds_brad
One other suggestion when attempting the switchback stuff. Make sure all other riders know not to ride in your path. I rolled up into a wheelie once and road right into the side of some poor ******. Ended up smashing the **** out of him and falling on my head.

LOL!!! Yeah, but I bet you had a helmet on though....
Old 11-09-2009, 05:07 PM
50 NUT

Originally Posted by prickster
LOL!!! Yeah, but I bet you had a helmet on though....

At the time, yes. In the beginning i never wore them. Then i saw a few horrible incidents even at low speed and now i never ride with out one.

Ive never ridden a big bike with out one. That just seems stupid even if your not doing anything stupid. ya know?
Old 11-09-2009, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by reynolds_brad
At the time, yes. In the beginning i never wore them. Then i saw a few horrible incidents even at low speed and now i never ride with out one.

Ive never ridden a big bike with out one. That just seems stupid even if your not doing anything stupid. ya know?

So very true. I guess I should probably wear one when trying to do a Christ. Or dropping from uni to high chair...
Old 11-09-2009, 05:43 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by never 2 old
Have you tried to stand backwards on the front axle pegs, riding off the front end of the bike?
Thats hecka harder i think.
never tried front pegs , dont really see how you would steer the bike
Old 11-09-2009, 05:45 PM
also known as OMR

and yes always wear a helmet , i cracked the Styrofoam in my helmet from a crash at a dead stop , wasnt moving at all and my pant leg got cought on the heal guard ....
Old 11-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

Stupid heal guard
Old 11-10-2009, 02:20 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by IRISH MIKE
Stupid heal guard
yup and im convinced i would have cracked my skull had i not been wearing that helmet , it blew the vents right off the back of the helmet and like i said before it cracked the Styrofoam inside the helmet right down the middle in two pieces

Quick Reply: Switchback!