You Owe It To Your Self!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 01:18 AM

Casa is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: You Owe It To Your Self!

this is a pretty great idea and shoulda have been done earlier, so is 60 dollars
the ste price for the box set cuz if thats the case you got me sold. Even if you find out a few new tricks out of the box set i think that it would be worth it. anyways keep up the good work guys :YEAH
Old 02-22-2004, 10:08 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Itz funny cuz I was under the impression that you Florida boyz must of had $$ to keep at this..or at least waz making decent cash already...But I guess that isnt the case.....
I luv to stunt...I wish I could do it all day long..but damn I gotta go to work and keep the bills payed just like Kyle said..You guys are considered Top Dogs in this craft and why shouldnt you have the chance to make some $$ at the sametime providing someone like myself a decent product..Sure seems like you have paid your dues and sacrificed a hell of alot chasing your dream..
If any of you two gave me some stunt advice I would listen for sure...Of course we all know there is no substitute for practice but hey a little inside info never hurt anyone.....
All the power to you..Keep it reasonably priced and for sure I'd buy....
It seems like some people think you are out to make some $$....Wow theres a concept !!
Looking forward to buying some of the vids...
Cheers
SK " Your friendly Canadian Stunta "
Old 02-22-2004, 11:27 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

The first video, "Wheelies" Is going to be most informative to the individual who has no clue where to start, maybe tried a few and scared the hell out of themselves. We get into tire pressures, controls adjustment, denting the tank, body positioning, balance point, engine braking, survival reactions, powering it up, clutching it up, shifting, getting over the bars a few different ways, sit-downs, stand-ups, steering, and all kinds of variations of tank wheelies, seat standers, ralph-louies, 1-handers, fender grabs, flamingos, can-cans, double can-cans, nac-nacs, boston stranglers, high-chairs, all kinds of tips/tricks and never before seen camera angles showing EXACTLY what's going on. Extensive discussion on throttle control, and much more. We get as in-depth as we know how. We took the assignment very seriously, but not ourselves...Some funny stuff. If the duplicator gets his act together, they'll be ready for daytona.

Stoppie video is going to be off the hook. Want to see how we go the distance? You might even see a new world record somewhere in there

Acrobatic video is going to feature Thew Blankstrom. Equally impressive, get him talking and he doesn't shut up...All the secrets revealed.

The Advanced Wheelies video will have all the tips on circles, coasters, 12s, bar tricks, bar installation, no-handers and everything else hot currently in the scene.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:43 PM

Brian~11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool beans.....I want the set!!!

So....With you guys doing an instruction type video. Did you guys have to get lawyers involved to make sure you can't be sued and all w/the teaching aspect of it. Just wonderin?

Really...can't wait to check this out. All the filming is complete....You are just getting em ran into production now?
Old 02-23-2004, 12:01 AM

deogey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ROCK~N~929
Cool beans.....I want the set!!!

So....With you guys doing an instruction type video. Did you guys have to get lawyers involved to make sure you can't be sued and all w/the teaching aspect of it. Just wonderin?

Remeber from earlier they're not teaching anything, they're merely showing in great detail how they do it......
Old 02-23-2004, 12:09 AM

Brian~11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deogey
Remeber from earlier they're not teaching anything, they're merely showing in great detail how they do it......

Oh....Oh yea!! ok
Old 02-23-2004, 12:23 AM

THIS IS NOT AN INSTRUCTIONAL!!! We're simply showing our trials and tribulations behind the bars. How we do it.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:06 AM
D-Aces Stunt Pimp

dAcesCory is an unknown quantity at this point

Kyle, Matt and everyone else involved good luck. I know how hard it is to make this type of **** happen, I think that you will get well deserved cash returns out of this one.

WARNING:

Be careful with this project, this is a lawsuit waiting to happen. I know you will have disclaimers all over this video protecting yourselves, but you need to be careful with what you say in advertising this also. There are enough posts from both you on this one thread to make you 100% guilty of "being the cause of someone getting hurt on their bike". Would you make a commercial on TV advertising, "Our videos will teach people how to stunt"? No, you would advertise it as, "This is how we do it, do not ever try this on your own, you might end up dead". This thread is advertising and you are telling people to buy your videos so they can learn how to stunt.

Don't take my word for it, but if you do find I am right, I would have Shuggs delete every thread that has anything mentioned of this and start over.

I don't post much out of d-Aces forum but I think this is kind of serious, just trying to help, I hope I am wrong.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:19 AM

Thanks, bro. I know you're only trying to help out.
Note:
THIS IS NOT AN INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO SERIES. IT'S HOW WE DO IT.
Everyone except us is calling it otherwise.

Hey, everyone! I bought a book on investing. I think I'll do what they tell me in the book and sue them when I go bankrupt. Maybe after that I'll get a martial arts book and sue when I get my *** beat. And when that doesn't work, maybe I'll get a book on how to shingle my roof and sue when I fall off and break my ***!!!

If that's the case, everyone on here who has ever commented on how they do a trick is as liable, and should call shuggs immediately and request he remove your posts. Shuggs, hosting the whole sha-bang might get sued by everyone. In that case, this whole website would be a liability. There is a whole forum on here about how to stunt.

This type of crap was stopped a long time ago in the Ozzy Ozzbourne days when people were killing themselves and parents blamed the bands.
Skateparks, Woodward, Ski resorts, Ski instructors, gyms. I could go on for hours. The world is a liability.

Talking about we do a stunt can't hurt or kill you, only you can do that.

COME ON NOW!
You got a better chance spilling hot coffee on your junk.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:09 AM

Gixxer1k03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: You Owe It To Your Self!

i'M READY I'LL TAKE 2 SETS. ONE TO GIVE TO A FRIEND. SIGN ME UP. YOU GUYS ARE TRUELY THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEACE
Old 02-23-2004, 11:31 AM
go **** yourself

brian127 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, bro. I know you're only trying to help out.
Note:
THIS IS NOT AN INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO SERIES. IT'S HOW WE DO IT.
Everyone except us is calling it otherwise.

Hey, everyone! I bought a book on investing. I think I'll do what they tell me in the book and sue them when I go bankrupt. Maybe after that I'll get a martial arts book and sue when I get my *** beat. And when that doesn't work, maybe I'll get a book on how to shingle my roof and sue when I fall off and break my ***!!!

If that's the case, everyone on here who has ever commented on how they do a trick is as liable, and should call shuggs immediately and request he remove your posts. Shuggs, hosting the whole sha-bang might get sued by everyone. In that case, this whole website would be a liability. There is a whole forum on here about how to stunt.

This type of crap was stopped a long time ago in the Ozzy Ozzbourne days when people were killing themselves and parents blamed the bands.
Skateparks, Woodward, Ski resorts, Ski instructors, gyms. I could go on for hours. The world is a liability.

Talking about we do a stunt can't hurt or kill you, only you can do that.

COME ON NOW!
You got a better chance spilling hot coffee on your junk.

very true
Old 02-23-2004, 11:46 AM

Kyle XXX is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Cory, that’s a good point
We could get sued for these DVD’s. we do try our best on things like” this is how we do it” and not “how to”. But what we show is right & proven to work time and time again, even right before your eyes. Were doing our best! And that’s all we can do!

Let me explain how I really feel about the whole LAW SUIT thing!

Those who know me can tell you that I used to own an Auto Repair shop. They’ll also tell you that it was small but rather successful. They might even go into detail about how there came a point in life were I chose to close the Shop so I could fully concentrate on my dreams with the motorcycle stunt career.
That alone will tell you that I’m ready & willing to take risks for something I believe in.

Well Gorka & I sat down and talked about how RISKY this could be. Along with a bunch of other day to day risks we encounter.

Here’s how we summed it up.

YES were taking all the precautions we can, with wording what we say & disclaimers here and there. We also have 2 separate attorneys working on this project.
We might sell 1000 copies of each DVD and I hope we do. And yes we might, can and probably will get sued because someone’s looking for an easy way out of having to work for a living.

Now think about this! Think about that one kid who’s been trying a cretin trick and just can’t get it. Or what if the kid finally learns how to wheelie on his own. And he’s all excited, showing off whenever he can. Well what if nobody ever showed the poor kid what to do incase of emergency or how to properly set his wheelie down and while trying a Can-Can for the first time he chopped the throttle and gets pulled off the side of the bike. Now the poor kid is hurt bad, maybe even paralyzed. Not good!!!

Now what if the kid got a copy of our “WHEELIE” video, saw a few examples we went threw and drastically changed the outcome of the situation.
That’s exactly what were trying to do. Help were we can & make money while doing it.

So ya know what? I don’t know for sure if were going to get sued and loose all we’ve ever worked for!
But I do know for sure that people out there WILL see our examples and know exactly what to do in situations like that, along with tons of other really cool stuff!!!!
AND TO US THAT’S MUCH MORE IMPORTANT!

I RESPECT AND LOOK UP TO PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WHO ARE NOT AFRAID TO TAKE A RISK.
Christopher Columbus was not afraid to take a RISK. Everyone in the world said he was wrong! But he wouldn’t listen to them, he listened to his heart! And the world is now changed forever….
I know we will not change the world. But we might CHANGE SOMEONES LIFE for the better!

Thank you Christopher Columbus, you are a true PIONEER and have made the world a better place! We could only hope, to one day possesses the courage that you boldly showed the world!
Old 02-23-2004, 12:54 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kyle XXX
Well Cory, that’s a good point
We could get sued for these DVD’s. we do try our best on things like” this is how we do it” and not “how to”. But what we show is right & proven to work time and time again, even right before your eyes. Were doing our best! And that’s all we can do!

Let me explain how I really feel about the whole LAW SUIT thing!

Those who know me can tell you that I used to own an Auto Repair shop. They’ll also tell you that it was small but rather successful. They might even go into detail about how there came a point in life were I chose to close the Shop so I could fully concentrate on my dreams with the motorcycle stunt career.
That alone will tell you that I’m ready & willing to take risks for something I believe in.

Well Gorka & I sat down and talked about how RISKY this could be. Along with a bunch of other day to day risks we encounter.

Here’s how we summed it up.

YES were taking all the precautions we can, with wording what we say & disclaimers here and there. We also have 2 separate attorneys working on this project.
We might sell 1000 copies of each DVD and I hope we do. And yes we might, can and probably will get sued because someone’s looking for an easy way out of having to work for a living.

Now think about this! Think about that one kid who’s been trying a cretin trick and just can’t get it. Or what if the kid finally learns how to wheelie on his own. And he’s all excited, showing off whenever he can. Well what if nobody ever showed the poor kid what to do incase of emergency or how to properly set his wheelie down and while trying a Can-Can for the first time he chopped the throttle and gets pulled off the side of the bike. Now the poor kid is hurt bad, maybe even paralyzed. Not good!!!

Now what if the kid got a copy of our “WHEELIE” video, saw a few examples we went threw and drastically changed the outcome of the situation.
That’s exactly what were trying to do. Help were we can & make money while doing it.

So ya know what? I don’t know for sure if were going to get sued and loose all we’ve ever worked for!
But I do know for sure that people out there WILL see our examples and know exactly what to do in situations like that, along with tons of other really cool stuff!!!!
AND TO US THAT’S MUCH MORE IMPORTANT!

I RESPECT AND LOOK UP TO PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD WHO ARE NOT AFRAID TO TAKE A RISK.
Christopher Columbus was not afraid to take a RISK. Everyone in the world said he was wrong! But he wouldn’t listen to them, he listened to his heart! And the world is now changed forever….
I know we will not change the world. But we might CHANGE SOMEONES LIFE for the better!

Thank you Christopher Columbus, you are a true PIONEER and have made the world a better place! We could only hope, to one day possesses the courage that you boldly showed the world!

is this really woods talking???? doesn't sound like it.

everything in life is a risk. walking outside is a risk, so is staying inside. do what you do, you'll be straight.

Teach
Old 02-23-2004, 02:45 PM
D-Aces Stunt Pimp

dAcesCory is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, I really wish I would have e-mailed my concerns to you privately instead of posting them, too late now. Yes, risk can good, Yes most of us are doing the best we can in life, No I am not saying stop your project and I No I am not trying to be negative, I am only saying be careful, that is it.

So I stand corrected and I am glad I was wrong. I do admit that I also post on our site explaining to people how to do stunts, I guess a video explaining stunts just seems different to me, it throws flags up in my mind. I have not researched this situation in a while so once again I stand corrected.

The following are thoughts explaining my reasoning of why I was concerned.

As of now you do not have huge assets to loose, but some day I think you and many of us in this sport will have plenty to loose. Look at what might be in the future, say you have made 7 figures, you might then be concerned about someone taking that from you.

Do you think that Suzuki or Honda would make a video about stunting, not likely, but if they did I promise that liability would be a huge issue because they have so much to loose. If Suzuki or Honda were to make a video they would take no risk, they would do it smart so that they were protected in every way imaginable.

Think as if you are big if you want to be big.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:11 PM
go **** yourself

Do you think that Suzuki or Honda would make a video about stunting, not likely

no but honda and suzuki - they make bikes that poeple get hurt on every day - and occasionally things like lawsuits happen - lets all build sanitary glass houses -

get incorperated and u dont have to worry
Old 02-23-2004, 03:14 PM
go **** yourself

Think as if you are big if you want to be big.

every single successful corperation business or stunter for that matter - has gone out on a limb to be great - thats what it takes
Old 02-23-2004, 03:46 PM

Kyle XXX is an unknown quantity at this point

yah Teach, it's me talking.

I used "Word" for that last post.
that's what threw you off! lol.

Cory we appreaciate your concern.

we'll definatly look befor we change lanes. but were still going to drive.
thanks
Old 02-23-2004, 04:45 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Kyle XXX
we'll definatly look befor we change lanes. but were still going to drive.
thanks
****, as long as you're behind the wheel who knows what could happen?
Old 02-23-2004, 06:48 PM

Cory, I know you were just looking out. We love you for that. Hell, It's good to just hear from you. You should spend more time over here. Us old dogs know you're one of the O.G's but some of these new members could use some of D-aces flavor once in a while.

I'm thinking of suing Suzuki. It's their fault I've got so many tickets!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:55 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
I'm thinking of suing Suzuki. It's their fault I've got so many tickets!!!!!!
Come on Gorka I know your not pulling over on that new G1000 cop killer.

Quick Reply: You Owe It To Your Self!