The Stone Bros. to direct MTV reality show "True Life" on stunt-bike riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Turn My Headphones Up

Mark_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry Jen didn't mean to affend you.......was suppose to be a joke/compliment.........and, we have met at Tony's.......but just once.

........yes CBO you are right......maybe if I become more of a hillbilly wanna be gangster then I'll get the girls.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:17 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person
Originally posted by miked
ha, they already give so much back to the community, if you cant see that you're a fool.
yo, i already said I was leavin it alone....nothing against the STONE BROS....

my bad if I came off kind of shady........its great what their doing for the sport...im just sayin that we are the sport and that **** gets overlooked sometimes
Old 01-02-2004, 02:17 AM

minibikecruiser is an unknown quantity at this point
REMEBER TRUE LIFE OF A STREET RACER?

I HAVE A FEELING ITS GOING TO MAKE IT ALL LOOK REALLY BAD, AND HAVE A BUNCH OF HIWAY **** WEAVIN IN AND OUT OF TRAFFIC, AND BEING RECKLESS, AND THINGS OF THAT NATURE,

JUST MY 2 CENTS
Old 01-02-2004, 04:27 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Rich-NY is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by cr500
Chances are that if hes filming 4 teams they are brand name teams, people that everyone knows. These teams usually dont hit the freeways that terribly much, but i could be wrong.
just too add to that....if its the Stone Bros. are directing this then they wouldn't let anything in the show to portray stuntriding as a bad thing.

I'm sure they want this sport to grow as much as everyone on this site does. Or they wouldn't be involved.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:08 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by NickDavid
stunnas are a bunch of high school drop outs...theres no glory in that....Everyone needs to get a job and stop playing on the computer all day

excellent point...i won't comment more.

Nice work Drew/Evan, glad to see this is finally taking place, it has been a long time in the works and no one will do a better job with this than the stony bros!

image is everything, i've been saying it for ever it seems like...want prof. sponsors, then be a prof.!

Teach
Old 01-02-2004, 11:06 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
**** what u heard...Im hitting the streets

holla
Old 01-02-2004, 02:17 PM

NickDavid is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by TEACH C6
excellent point...i won't comment more.

Nice work Drew/Evan, glad to see this is finally taking place, it has been a long time in the works and no one will do a better job with this than the stony bros!

image is everything, i've been saying it for ever it seems like...want prof. sponsors, then be a prof.!

Teach
thanks bro! yeah i really hope they do not make us look as bad as true lifes..i'm a street racer......
Old 01-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Drew Stone is a decent person
Wow ...I really "Set it off". Everybody calm down.
First I want to thank the people who support The Stone Brothers and believe in our skills. I will not address any detractors at this point, why bother? I'm still out in L.A. finishing URBAN STREET-BIKE WARRIORS #2 BLACK SHEEP SQUADRON which has turned out to be a really great film. Lord knows I want to get this film done and out already.

Let me address a few things regarding the MTV show "True Life" that we are directing;

The Four crews that the show revolves around are NOT ALL FLORIDA CREWS. However the majority (not all of it) of the show is being shot in Fl. becouse of the weather and the culmination of the show at Stuntwars. We are working with crews that we have worked with before that we feel represent different, interesting yet very valid aspects of the sport right now. It is a reality show and this is what the Stone Brothers do VERY WELL. It makes no sense to post who these crews are since chances are it will turn into a huge controversey ("Why them and not us"?, "They suck", "I can do a endo longer than him" "We're more old school then them" "He's got 34832729 teeth in his sprocket and I ride stock" "He's a Glama stunta and I'm Gangsta, He's Gangsta and I'm a Glama stunta") If you know, or you think that you know who we are shooting please keep it to yourself. I do not want these people besiged with phone calls and uneccessary pressure.

The goal is to show a few important aspects of the sport that we are all very familiar with; Street riding, Competition riding, Police, Injuries, Sacrifice, Dedication. It's not going to be all street riding or all competition but a combination of both and everything in-between. We will portray as much of the "Big picture" in the hour as possible.

Although we are directing this hour long episode of this show WE DO NOT HAVE TOTAL CONTROL OVER THE FINISHED PRODUCT. Unlike one of our films ("12:00", "Urban" "Black Sheep") We are not going to be sitting in an edit room for months tweeking the final product. MTV is looking to tell a story that appeals to thier viewing audience. We are going to be involved with the edit on some level but this is not one of our films. I have been watching other episodes of the show and I am confident that we are going to make an epic episode of "True Life". In the end there will always be people that have something to say for whatever the reason and I anticipate and accept that.

This is one of the very rare instances where the directors actually know and love the sport very well and have a clear vision. We are going to tell a great, interesting story that is going to put this sport across to Millions of people around the world.

"As a whole in a whole.........."

Thanx for the support, we appreciatte it.

Papillion
Old 01-02-2004, 03:14 PM

hayez is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry but if it ends up like that street racer crap then you need to kick your self in the ***..all we need now is every pimple faced ****in mtv nerd buying a bike and acting like a ****ing reject...if you dont want it to be a bad show dont do anything stuid in front of the cameras its nice you guys get to be on tv but to bad you have to settle for mtv instead of speed or something like that..mtv watchers are usually the pathetic losers looking for a new fad to try and fit in
Old 01-02-2004, 04:08 PM

Saturnin is a decent person
..first of all....i dont get why so many ppl are gettin' their panties in a bunch of this great news.....this sport needs all the exposure it can get....and i along wif other folks are confident that the stone brothers will do a awesome job...THEIR JOB.... which is to shoot the episode....and not to EDIT/FINAL CUT..as they pointed out. I am pretty sure that they have been talkin wif MTv for a while and discussed all the **** that they need to....ofcourse MTV can do whatever they please wif the footage.....but lets give Mtv a chance.....they are tryin' to produce more quality programing.......
i for one am stoked that this will be seen by so many ppl..who otherwise would not have been exposed......you ppl have to give respect.......we all got into this sport somehow....either videos/magazines...and this might be a way for other ppl...

Last edited by Saturnin; 01-02-2004 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:24 PM

I could care less what the **** looks like....... I am rocking the streets till the wheels fall off

holla
Old 01-02-2004, 05:28 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by DSOG Thomas
I could care less what the **** looks like....... I am rocking the streets till the wheels fall off

holla
Old 01-02-2004, 05:57 PM

punisherzx12r is an unknown quantity at this point
regardless of the drama, MTV gettin in on this is huge, way bigger then it could be on speed. mabey iwill have to take a trip to florida after all
Old 01-02-2004, 06:28 PM

GreggV is an unknown quantity at this point

holla

Bitch the only place you ride is to eat................
Old 01-02-2004, 07:39 PM
RickNasty.com

Rick929 PBR is an unknown quantity at this point

holla
yea fool!!!!

u aint rocking ****
Old 01-02-2004, 08:36 PM

**** with me and I might learn to do a G spread

how bout that
Old 01-02-2004, 08:36 PM

SuperStar27 is an unknown quantity at this point
it's on now

i will down there with both of my stunt crew's the (freak of the Industry and Nazty Habitiz).We love to be there for that to represent . hola
Old 01-02-2004, 08:37 PM

and screw u G veezy.....everybody gotta eat fool

u punks been doin circles so long u probably cant ride a nice straight highway wheelie

holla
Old 01-02-2004, 08:38 PM

Re: it's on now

Originally posted by SuperStar27
i will down there with both of my stunt crew's the (freak of the Industry and Nazty Habitiz).We love to be there for that to represent . hola

Habitiz??

is your nick name smeagul

rotten hobbitses!!

lol just trippin
Old 01-03-2004, 12:58 AM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Tony D is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW drew stone --Thank you for providing an avenue directly to a place that may be interested in what we do, who is not bullshittin around.. I dont know what else to say---- as for the rest of you homos who are talkin **** ---I got 2 words for ya and it aint merry christmas.

Thank God for these stone brothers; without them we would real nobodies !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Tony D; 01-03-2004 at 01:07 AM.

Quick Reply: The Stone Bros. to direct MTV reality show "True Life" on stunt-bike riding