SL 2006 Longest Stoppie Comp

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 07:15 PM
www.warpedtoys.com

WarpedToys is a decent person
Re: SL 2006 Longest Stoppie Comp

Originally Posted by Robbie
You know, I am sure I have been riding longer than you have been alive.
So I know a few things..just a few

Anyhow...

I have had a 600 that would go faster than a 1000 in a 400 foot distance.
If I am 2 down in the front on a 2003R6 and some guy is on a stock 1000 I beat him in the 1/8 mile. I've done it over and over. Maybe it's my take off skills. There are so many factors that you have to put in there.

BUT... IF you are trying to tell me Bill went 400 more feet than anyone else because he has a 1000 you are a moron. The weight off a 1000 and a 600 are just about the same in todays modern sport bikes. All you kids think you know so much.

R1 381 lbs. and the R6 357 lbs. but bill's bike is far from stock gears to. I mean we are only talking 24 pounds here. There could more of a waight diff between the 2 riders than that. lol
Old 07-31-2006, 10:35 AM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
This pic is badass.....When you can see the ENTIRE back seat over your helmet, you're rocking the balance point.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:31 PM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
This pic is badass.....When you can see the ENTIRE back seat over your helmet, you're rocking the balance point.

For some reason the newer gsxr has a stupid high balance point. When Redline Jesse is on his, his headlight is like a foot and a half off the ground. It honestly looks like he's gonna eat it the whole tome but it keeps going....
Old 07-31-2006, 01:34 PM

KF_Chris is a decent person

I've noticed that. I learned to "roll" stoppies on the 1000rr, but when my bike is balanced, it feels way higher than on the honda. and the f4i with DB bars.....it feels like 1 foot lower for stoppies.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:23 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

Originally Posted by NME
For some reason the newer gsxr has a stupid high balance point. When Redline Jesse is on his, his headlight is like a foot and a half off the ground. It honestly looks like he's gonna eat it the whole tome but it keeps going....

Yeah, on my 600rr, I can roll them far with the tail about as high as it is in my avatar. It Isn't jacked super high, but conservative and somewhat "safe" feeling. To float em' barely on the brakes, it's up there...JBrit's pic is worthy of being a poster. If you're rocking that high the first 200ft of your stoppie, you'll roll a mile.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:54 PM

cyrilslider is an unknown quantity at this point

he isn't a human...

so crazy endos!!!!! :YEAH
Old 07-31-2006, 03:35 PM

Stuntone0one is a decent person

i really do beleive the rumors about the 60lbs of balast weight on that bike.

think about it, the lower the BP, the less brakes needed to get that high, thus the less speed scrubbed off in the first few feet.

he just seemed to low to be scrubing off speed so slowly
Old 07-31-2006, 03:53 PM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
Yeah, on my 600rr, I can roll them far with the tail about as high as it is in my avatar. It Isn't jacked super high, but conservative and somewhat "safe" feeling. To float em' barely on the brakes, it's up there...JBrit's pic is worthy of being a poster. If you're rocking that high the first 200ft of your stoppie, you'll roll a mile.

I've been workin on them....
Old 07-31-2006, 08:13 PM

rrider69 is an unknown quantity at this point

g sh*t
Old 07-31-2006, 10:12 PM
Yamaha Stunner

BillyD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stuntone0one
i really do beleive the rumors about the 60lbs of balast weight on that bike.

think about it, the lower the BP, the less brakes needed to get that high, thus the less speed scrubbed off in the first few feet.

he just seemed to low to be scrubing off speed so slowly
No weight added to my bike the db bars make the balance point change which in turn makes the bike ride stoppies a little lower but is still clearly @ the bp. I use to drag race and thats how I get the speed up so high in a limited amount of space no tricks here except for the stoppie buton by my right thumb and the helmet for air brakes its all in the setup and approch. I am no better than the other guys who are killin long endos just set my bike up to do what I gatta do and thats all I use it for its a 05 R1 stock pads stock brakes stock bairings (no dust seals) I give it a shot of WD-40 every once in a while) lol stock forks never even touch the ajustments on them a broken front fairing stay headlight and front fairing help out too (if there was weight in the fairing I think it would fall off lmao)protaper CR low rise bars with protaper mounts braided lines a few motor mods and 8 up on the rear thats it. There you have it my hole set up not to complicated just put it that way and dont change it and it is right every time I get on it.
Bill D---out
Old 07-31-2006, 10:18 PM
AuthorityStunts

KROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to behold

haha i got a vid of your 1100ft stoppie/deftones on my ipod hahaha
Old 08-01-2006, 12:05 AM

Stuntone0one is a decent person

Originally Posted by BillyD
No weight added to my bike the db bars make the balance point change which in turn makes the bike ride stoppies a little lower but is still clearly @ the bp. I use to drag race and thats how I get the speed up so high in a limited amount of space no tricks here except for the stoppie buton by my right thumb and the helmet for air brakes its all in the setup and approch. I am no better than the other guys who are killin long endos just set my bike up to do what I gatta do and thats all I use it for its a 05 R1 stock pads stock brakes stock bairings (no dust seals) I give it a shot of WD-40 every once in a while) lol stock forks never even touch the ajustments on them a broken front fairing stay headlight and front fairing help out too (if there was weight in the fairing I think it would fall off lmao)protaper CR low rise bars with protaper mounts braided lines a few motor mods and 8 up on the rear thats it. There you have it my hole set up not to complicated just put it that way and dont change it and it is right every time I get on it.
Bill D---out

not calling you a liar, not saying you don't have the skills.

but it will take ALOT of me to believe that bike is stock so much so that it isn't even worth talking about anymore.

i'm a lost cause, give up on me
Old 08-01-2006, 12:31 AM

Greg Mcglynn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by krohnszx6
haha i got a vid of your 1100ft stoppie/deftones on my ipod hahaha

send me that file so I can put it on my ipod playa.

just watched the vid. all I gotta say is f kn a!!! those stoppies are nasty!!!

they dont even look humanly possible but they are!!

big props to bill d. who cares what people say about your bike setup it takes incredible skill and courage to roll like your are. dont stop keep them going further and further
Old 08-01-2006, 12:58 AM

FIZZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BillyD
Bill D---out
I can agree with this statement. I was there. I looked over the bikes. It was simply a fair comp. that Bill won hands down. How do I know all of this? I was one of the five (5) judges. Congrats Bill on your accomplishments.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:09 AM

TrafficCriminal can only hope to improve

SORRY DID'NT READ THE WHOLE THREAD...
2ND
3RD
DISTANCES...?
SAW TICE OUT THERE WONDERING WHAT THE HAIRY BASTARD PUT DOWN.....
Old 08-01-2006, 02:29 PM

ATown1K is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FIZZ
I can agree with this statement. I was there. I looked over the bikes. It was simply a fair comp. that Bill won hands down. How do I know all of this? I was one of the five (5) judges. Congrats Bill on your accomplishments.
I scoped it out too and really didn't see anything crazy.

Dude just has skillz and kills it.