Anybody in Balad right now?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 11:25 PM

mojo_jojoe4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anybody in Balad right now?

I am, will be here for 4 more months. Just wondering to see if I had anyone to talk to.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:27 PM

Re: Anybody in Balad right now?

Plus it is as boring as watching the city bus go by. But I can't complain about the tax free SSgt pay.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:47 AM

evanr821 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just south of you at Camp Victory near BIAP. And i'll tell you, this is the BUTTHOLE of all places you can be sent TDY in the Air Force. An army base at that. My wife's at Balad right now though. Where do you work? She works door guard at the Command Post.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:31 AM

Kevin Emary is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Balad right now. I will be leaving in the next few days to go down south. I'm an army Firefighter. If you get around stop by station 3 out here. 4 mo. is easy money, try a year!?!?! The army sucks!!
Old 10-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey ya'll I have a question for ya. When I was deployed we had internet access and all that jazz only in 1 tent and there was a time limit. My boy is on his way over now and he said that they have satelite internet and **** you can get for your c-huts and stuff. Anyone know anything about that? I think he's headed to bahgdad. Not positive? anyone got any input? That would be cool as hell if he could talk to me on here.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:46 PM

What is your wife's name? If she is an A1C, I think I met her. I got caught in Alarm Red on the way to work and put all my gear on and hauled *** to the AEW building, which I think is the Command Post and we were there for like 30-45 min. In balad right now, in tent city they have Internet Cafe which has like 15 computers with Internet access, and a phone tent with like 15 phones. At our cite, the ACS site, we have a rec tent, with like 6 computers with internet access, and big screen TV, all of our work areas are connected to the domain here which all computers have internet access and we control the movie channel here in the COMM tent for the whole ACS site. We got here in Sept. and pretty soon they are moving us from tents that have 8 people, to trailers which will have 1 SNCO, or 2 NCO, or 4 AMN. Not that bad here, can't say anything about Baghdad, Talil, or Kirkuk.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:43 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DSRTDOGGSXR is an unknown quantity at this point

any one comn on RR to QATAR hit me up alexmotomoto@yahoo.com always a plesuer to hilp out felow riders. Alex A. TWO FINGA PEACE GODSPEED
Old 10-27-2004, 08:07 AM

charms421 is an unknown quantity at this point

so you guys are at balad right now? how bout that, i got here in august, and we are supposed to leave in jan. but we still dont have a date could possibly be here till march. so what do you guys do?
im with the loud *** 16's you guys here flyin around. and ive been to kirkuk, its kinda shitty, not a whole lot goin on, but for the most part its pretty nice. better than balad, thats for sure.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:37 PM

dirtydogmp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by evanr821
I'm just south of you at Camp Victory near BIAP. And i'll tell you, this is the BUTTHOLE of all places you can be sent TDY in the Air Force. An army base at that. My wife's at Balad right now though. Where do you work? She works door guard at the Command Post.
I'm at Victory as well, been here 10 months now, only a couple to go. Noticed you're from Ft. Walton, guessing you're out of Eglin. I'm from Crestview, I'll be moving back there in March, permanantly (on a new GSXR)
Old 11-22-2004, 03:33 AM

DR650SE is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, be glad you for where your at. If you want to talk about the butthole of Iraq, thiere are tons of place. Im stuck at the Abu Ghraib prison and it suxs. I love going up to Balad. Used to go swimming when I was there. So when is everyone getting out of Iraq? I should be home in Feb if all goes well and they don't stick us on MSR patrol after our mission is done. Stay safe guys!
Old 11-22-2004, 04:51 PM

escoe is an unknown quantity at this point

my nephew is in balad rite now . louisiana national guard 1/244th avn regt.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:15 PM

evanr821 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mojo_jojoe4
What is your wife's name? If she is an A1C, I think I met her. I got caught in Alarm Red on the way to work and put all my gear on and hauled *** to the AEW building, which I think is the Command Post and we were there for like 30-45 min. In balad right now, in tent city they have Internet Cafe which has like 15 computers with Internet access, and a phone tent with like 15 phones. At our cite, the ACS site, we have a rec tent, with like 6 computers with internet access, and big screen TV, all of our work areas are connected to the domain here which all computers have internet access and we control the movie channel here in the COMM tent for the whole ACS site. We got here in Sept. and pretty soon they are moving us from tents that have 8 people, to trailers which will have 1 SNCO, or 2 NCO, or 4 AMN. Not that bad here, can't say anything about Baghdad, Talil, or Kirkuk.
Her last name is Rowe...she is an A1C. Her first name is Kani. If you see her, punch her in the face. Bitch is cheating on me. Oh well **** her.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:40 PM

Katanaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kevin Emary
I'm in Balad right now. I will be leaving in the next few days to go down south. I'm an army Firefighter. If you get around stop by station 3 out here. 4 mo. is easy money, try a year!?!?! The army sucks!!
Try having your orders having originally say 9months... then when it's time to go home, have it extended for 9 more months... Now try and tell me thats not an a$$ F***. Well, thats what being a 31B is all about...