Question for Military Persons'

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 03:30 AM

loopedR6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Question for Military Persons'

Hey man just another two cents. Im in the army and i fell into the same trap you did. When i signed up it was for special forces, part way through the training i did ligament damage to my foot and washed out of the course. Luckly i was able to sign up for explosive ordnance disposal instead of going where ever good ol uncle sam decided he wanted to send me. So make sure you have a definite job set up. Also the military is not for everyone and you will not know if it is for you or not until you try it out. So sign up for a short enlistment. You can always reenlist if you like it but you cant get out any sooner if you dont. Ive done two years out of the five i signed up for and wish i had signed up for three instead. Oh well i will finish up my time and then do what ever it is i want to. oh well my
Old 09-18-2004, 03:48 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Angel Of Death is a decent person

Originally Posted by loopedR6
Hey man just another two cents. Im in the army and i fell into the same trap you did. When i signed up it was for special forces, part way through the training i did ligament damage to my foot and washed out of the course. Luckly i was able to sign up for explosive ordnance disposal instead of going where ever good ol uncle sam decided he wanted to send me. So make sure you have a definite job set up. Also the military is not for everyone and you will not know if it is for you or not until you try it out. So sign up for a short enlistment. You can always reenlist if you like it but you cant get out any sooner if you dont. Ive done two years out of the five i signed up for and wish i had signed up for three instead. Oh well i will finish up my time and then do what ever it is i want to. oh well my
You lucky bastard, you have to be a Sergeant in the Marine Corps to lat move to the OED mos. Damn, I would have loved to do that **** right out of boot camp.

I also got taken with the 5 year contract. If I had a year, I'd be within 16 months of my EAS. Oh well, at least I'm happy where I am (for the most part)
Old 11-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Newbie Member

VashF4i is an unknown quantity at this point

As you say you find the cost of your life to much to give up, the cost of freedom and liberty is much higher. I wanted to join to be part of the reason so many people would have the rights and freedoms they do. I love my military brothers and sisters and would never do it any other way. I am gearing up for a trip to Iraq in a few months and I hope to make a difference in a country where they dont have the liberties we have here. I say go for it and remember you'll always be family.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:52 AM
Jet

Jet is an unknown quantity at this point

It's all what you make of it.
There is a pro and con to each MOS and Military service.
I'm in the Army myself, coming up on my 2 year mark and already going to the E5 board. Listen to what everyone says here, a recruiter will bend the truth and male false promises. Never trust anything that's not on paper.
Think of what you like to do and find a MOS that suits your lifestyle and don't settle for less. It may take a bit longer to get in but if your persistant you'll get it.
If you are not willing to pay the price than don't even consider the Marines or Army. Look into the Navy or Airforce.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:43 PM

Katanaman is an unknown quantity at this point

And KEEP A COPY OF EVERYTHING!!! Especially your DD Form 214-4..... God knows I've been screwed more than once...
Old 11-26-2004, 05:38 PM

Naynay is an unknown quantity at this point

So have you shipped off for the CG yet?? i really wanna join but they wont take me til i can get off probation for this stupid *** evading arrest charge
Old 11-27-2004, 06:01 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Angel Of Death is a decent person

Originally Posted by Katanaman
And KEEP A COPY OF EVERYTHING!!! Especially your DD Form 214-4..... God knows I've been screwed more than once...
I dream about mine everyday!
Old 11-27-2004, 03:09 PM
junki stunts

H-cane is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gelfreak91
"SEAL training is a process that begins with the basic conditioning phase of BUD/S. Training involves not only intense physical conditioning but also maneuvers that instill the values of teamwork and trust. " Copy and pasted from www.navy.com/seals
yea G.I. JANE
Old 11-27-2004, 03:16 PM
junki stunts

H-cane is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i will look u up on the global....stuntin boats suck when you have to change the lower units... but its cool we have plenty. uscg, dd214 its coming soon
Old 11-30-2004, 08:58 PM

954rrfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, First off, I am in the Navy, and whoever said that a job on a submarine won't do you any good in the civilian world won't do you any good, that is why the navy will now pay me (A nuclear electrician) $100,000 to stay in? Also, as for advancement, the nuclear field advances very quick, I made E-5 in 2 years, E-6 at 5years and E-7 at 8, so there you go. I actually have a friend that made E-7 at 6.5 years, so advancement is good in the Nuclear Navy. One more thing, Navy corpsman are a dime a dozen, and most don't know very much at all.