Question for Military Persons'

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 09:08 AM

ssgtlittle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Question for Military Persons'

Originally Posted by Coastie
Or....you could always Join the US Coast Guard. There is a very slim chance you will go overseas where some muslim extremeist wants to blow your head off. You get to drive around on some really cool boats, and be the best dressed Mother****er on the water. Did I mention TONS OF *****.
**** go reserves, one weekend a month two weeks a year, and even the reservists get TONS OF *****. So join up, **** with drug dealers, kick some cuban migrant *** and get TONS OF *****!!

P.s before all you marines and army fools want to call me a ***** for being in the coast guard, I make more than your e-6's as an E-3, I work two days on two days off and everyother weekend and Im stationed in the Hamptons.
Hey bro-

Last I checked we all get the same pay based on DOD pay scale. Furthermore, I don't think that an e-3 with a base pay of 1407.00 brings home 56,000.00 a year. As far a *****, I don't think it's the uiform that gets you laid I thik it's the person inside the uniform that gets laid. That's not to say that if your an ugly **** it ain't gonna help. No love loss though.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:23 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Angel Of Death is a decent person

Originally Posted by ssgtlittle
Hey bro-

Last I checked we all get the same pay based on DOD pay scale. Furthermore, I don't think that an e-3 with a base pay of 1407.00 brings home 56,000.00 a year. As far a *****, I don't think it's the uiform that gets you laid I thik it's the person inside the uniform that gets laid. That's not to say that if your an ugly **** it ain't gonna help. No love loss though.
Come on, you know as well as I do that different jobs get extra loot in their paychecks. We're both on B-billits as we speak. I make an extra $150/month for SDA pay, plus another $150/month for either hazardous duty pay or some sort of fire-pay I forget. Plus $113 a month in COLA and I'm pretty sure there's another extra pay I get too. So I know I'm making as much as a LCpl as fleet Cpls/Sgts. Coastie gets some ridiculous BAH/BAS also, I've talked to him in the past and he has one SWEET as assignmnet. Mine sucks, but at least I"m kingshit in this hole of a country. $$ goes far here!
Old 07-29-2004, 03:11 PM

Katanaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget Jump pay... being qualified as Airborne or Air Assualt is another 150/month.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:11 PM

3Fifty is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me guess, Coastie is stationed in Hawaii, or Australia, or the Virgin Islands........I'll join up if they let me fly something, my mom says I am special and I can do anything I want, so you think they'll right that into my contract?
Old 07-29-2004, 09:19 PM

Coastie is an unknown quantity at this point

OK just to rebutle, I didnt say best uniforms I said we were the best dressed on the water, our working blue, bdu's are bad larry.I make like 45g's a year as an e-3 just cuz of my bah and cola, bas ect ect. And im stationed in the hamptons, the #1 party spot in ny. Its great duty with tons of cash, and yeah the uniform gets you laid, sorry if you dont believe it.
But anyways I just want to thank all you guys for doing what you do, defend our country and I will make sure its here when you get back.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:20 PM

blur1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Attn: SSgt Little
Hey, by any chance did you used to be in Pensacola at any time? I remember the name and i was just wondering.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:14 PM

Gelfreak91 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all the input everyone...I have yet to make a solid decision on which route to take. I'll be sure to let everyone know what I decided.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:53 PM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I graduated when I was 17 and joined the military. I knew it was what I wanted to do since I was like 12. I've bee in for a little over 3 years and I am an e-5. I am airborne and air assault qualified. I used to be in the 101st but after I got back from my deployment (talk about a long 13 months) I requested a station transfer. I'm now with the 10th mountain out of Ft. Drum in NY. It's not the best place. I def liked stewart and benning much better though. the military is all what you make it. It might be your thing and it might not. just be sure before you join. Also be sure to check out all the jobs. I'm mechanized infantry. I plan on being a Cop when I get out. So it will still help in the civilian world. Best of luck to you man.

Sgt Hawk
Old 08-05-2004, 02:13 PM

I made my mind up finnally. I decided to join the USCG as a Gunners Mate. There were several reasons that lead to my decision. 1 as much as i'd like to see other parts of the world I really didnt want to go over seas. 2 I wanted to be involved in taskforce, raids, ect. Being a gunners mate in the USCG fits into all the things I wanted and didnt want. Its a perfect position for me! I go monday to sit with a recruter and take the ASVAB and sign the papers!
Old 08-05-2004, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gelfreak91
I made my mind up finnally. I decided to join the USCG as a Gunners Mate. There were several reasons that lead to my decision. 1 as much as i'd like to see other parts of the world I really didnt want to go over seas. 2 I wanted to be involved in taskforce, raids, ect. Being a gunners mate in the USCG fits into all the things I wanted and didnt want. Its a perfect position for me! I go monday to sit with a recruter and take the ASVAB and sign the papers!
Congratulations! I'm happy to hear you weighed all the choices and found one that hopefullly will make you happy.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:56 PM

N-Ish is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah congrats bro.....
Old 08-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome man! Good luck with everything! Thanks for serving your country!! Be prepared for the ladies!!
Old 09-06-2004, 03:25 PM

update....I've taken my ASVAB...AFQT Score: 70! I have an appt on Tues to go to MEPS and get my physical exam. After that just have to wait to get shipped of to BMT.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:48 PM

update....I've taken my ASVAB...AFQT Score: 70! I have an appt on Tues to go to MEPS and get my physical exam. After that just have to wait to get shipped of to BMT.
Nice work man, did they tell you what your lines scores were? GT/CL/El/Theotheronethatiforget?

What's BMT? Good luck regardless!
Old 09-07-2004, 08:35 AM

ssgtlittle is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats man!!!! good job on the asvab
Old 09-07-2004, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Angel Of Death
Nice work man, did they tell you what your lines scores were? GT/CL/El/Theotheronethatiforget?

What's BMT? Good luck regardless!
Thanks.

Your Marine Corp so the 4 they score on are
MM-127/GT-120/EL-114/CL-108

BMT= Basic Military Training or Boot Camp
Old 09-07-2004, 04:20 PM

Thanks.

Your Marine Corp so the 4 they score on are
MM-127/GT-120/EL-114/CL-108

BMT= Basic Military Training or Boot Camp
MM, that's the one i forgot

GT131 EL131 CL123 MM118 i suck, our Co officers hate me becuase i want to get out! they always try to drop MECEP in my lap and i always decline

BMT, damn Army acorymns, I have a hard enough time with all the USMC acroynms
Old 09-12-2004, 06:28 PM

suzukigixxer175 is an unknown quantity at this point

We call boot camp in the air force BMT, the army calls it "BCT"
Old 09-17-2004, 10:30 AM

R6(Heavy) is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey kid, here are the facts. The only job worth a F**K in the Navy is a corpsman. Otherwise your just a ride. If you want to be a SEAL,(a Marine with high speed gear, and stylish sunglasses, and long "unsat" hair) good on ya. Good luck. If you want to look good, Dress Blues... Enough said. If you want *****...Dress Blues. If you want some self respect, and heart...and pride... and to know why an American stands at the POA for the National Anthem...or what it's like to be at the spearhead of an invasion...have a life someone else would be proud to talk about (your parents, children) join the Marines. Don't sell yourself short. I promise you this, one day you will be standing on the deck of some bullshit supply ship when a bird full of "Devil dogs" takes off from you ship to defend our freedom...it's a S***Y feeling when someone else has to do your job. Oh yeah, and join asap because if Bush does leave the whitehouse, funding for all the killing will decrease. And if you want to be the best, take the RECON challenge (Marines with high speed gear and training so hard core, you wont want to talk about it.) Good luck and Semper Fi.

For the coast guard E-3. Why are you on this forum?, your in the coast guard.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:23 PM

For the coast guard E-3. Why are you on this forum?, your in the coast guard.
What you don't think the CG is the military? HA www.military.com they seem to be listed their. Last I checked you could still die for your country working in the CG. I believe you still carry the same weapon as a regular marine. SO tell me this why do you think they are not worthy of a "Military" Title. Oh and THEY ARE IN IRAQ right now. Seems to me they do their part just like everyone else! Just due to your lack of repect for other ppl I wouldn't even listen to your advise, SON

Quick Reply: Question for Military Persons'