Which Branch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 09:52 PM

Reds929 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Which Branch?

Try the Navy. We have civilian Ratheon contractors and Boeing Reps out here all the time. Besides, whats better than gettin some *** in almost every country in the world?
Old 05-04-2004, 09:54 PM

Oh yeah, if you get a chance and I do mean if! Try to pick orders to a HSL squadron (helos) and not a fixed wing fighter squadron. I hate being on the carrier!
Old 05-05-2004, 12:42 AM

Coastie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rpm
When I graduate in 2006 which is awhile away but I want to plan.. My parents would like me to enlist so that when I get out my dad will get me a job at Raytheon then he can retire finally.

Anyway I'd like to do something with the dolphin helicoptors in the coast guard but no offense it's pretty ****ing lame they don't have their own "Department of Coast Guard" or something.. it's TRANSPORTATION. COME ON NOW. Damn.. ARGH.
OK first off, US Coast Guard has been the premier agency in the department of home land defense since it was initiated.......We have the best helicopter pilots in the world(not looking for a fight but look at the stats and the weather in which they fly). We are the only agency in the world with an airborn drug interdiction program that is allowed to use deadly force. They are called hitrons.
Daily My beloved service will
Conduct 109 Search and Rescue Cases
Save 10 lives Assist 192 people in distress
Protect $2,791,841 in property
Launch 396 small boat missions
Launch 164 aircraft missions, logging 324 hours
Board 144 vessels
Seize 169 pounds of marijuana and 306 pounds of cocaine worth
$9,589,000 Interdict and rescue
Intercept 14 illegal migrants
Board 100 large vessels for port safety checks
Respond to 20 oil or hazardous chemical spills totaling 2,800 gallons
Service 135 aids to navigation
Bottom Line we do our job we do it well. Its the best job I have ever had and its infinitly rewarding if you let it be. 22 Years old and in charge of a million dollar boat. Doesnt work like that in any other service.
Now that You have gotten my best recruiting speach, with a comment like you made about my life and job being pretty ****ing lame.......Join the Marines and Stay outta my town.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:44 AM

hllywd310 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Coastie
OK first off, US Coast Guard has been the premier agency in the department of home land defense since it was initiated.......We have the best helicopter pilots in the world(not looking for a fight but look at the stats and the weather in which they fly). We are the only agency in the world with an airborn drug interdiction program that is allowed to use deadly force. They are called hitrons.
Daily My beloved service will
Conduct 109 Search and Rescue Cases
Save 10 lives Assist 192 people in distress
Protect $2,791,841 in property
Launch 396 small boat missions
Launch 164 aircraft missions, logging 324 hours
Board 144 vessels
Seize 169 pounds of marijuana and 306 pounds of cocaine worth
$9,589,000 Interdict and rescue
Intercept 14 illegal migrants
Board 100 large vessels for port safety checks
Respond to 20 oil or hazardous chemical spills totaling 2,800 gallons
Service 135 aids to navigation
Bottom Line we do our job we do it well. Its the best job I have ever had and its infinitly rewarding if you let it be. 22 Years old and in charge of a million dollar boat. Doesnt work like that in any other service.
Now that You have gotten my best recruiting speach, with a comment like you made about my life and job being pretty ****ing lame.......Join the Marines and Stay outta my town.
And your point is
Old 05-05-2004, 01:48 AM

Coastie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hllywd310
And your point is
What are you Remedial?
Old 05-05-2004, 01:59 AM

Hahaha!!! He said remedial!
Old 05-05-2004, 06:05 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Angel Of Death is a decent person

Originally Posted by Reds929
Hahaha!!! He said remedial!
Coastguards no joke dude, I was looking into getting my commision and flying the helo's after my contract with the Marines is up, but they want two years full time experiance flying comercial helos. (still sour about that).

I'm sick of people bashing on one branch or another, we all do our part for national security reagardless of whether we're sailers, soliders or Marines. Every branch has its badass exciting jobs and every branch has its boring jobs. Look at me, wonder why I'm a gaurd at the American Embassy here in Armenia? Becuase fixing radios is about as cool as getting aids. So here I am, loving my job and my life for once.

Good luck with the Coast Guard pal, but if you choose otherwise, the Marines would love to have you. Peace!
Old 05-05-2004, 09:28 AM

LadyAliKat is a jewel in the roughLadyAliKat is a jewel in the roughLadyAliKat is a jewel in the roughLadyAliKat is a jewel in the rough

you don't have to enlist to get a job at raytheon. they take lots of electrical engineers and mechanical. Make sure that you would enjoy the work also, you don't want to be stuck doing something you hate for a long time. Just because the Coast Guard is part of transportation is no shame, they do very important work and should never be looked down upon for such a stupid thing like that. Can't believe that comment you made
Going to the military is a great way to pay for college. You can join the army and be a helicopter mechanic, can't fly unless you are a warrant officer or a commissioned officer and you need college for that. Any branch is a good way to go, it all depends on what your goals are.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Angel Of Death
[COLOR=PaleGreen]Coastguards no joke dude,
I'm sick of people bashing on one branch or another, we all do our part for national security reagardless of whether we're sailers, soliders or Marines.

I didn't bash anything....
Old 05-05-2004, 07:25 PM
I Love To Post!

Sean24 is an unknown quantity at this point

first off shut up ANGEL OF DEATH, your a homo *** the airforce, *** the army(thats for you ladyalikat) especially **** the navy, and *** the coast guard join the MARINES :YEAH eh, just kidding, join whichever one u want, they all pay the same....almost nothing
Old 05-05-2004, 08:31 PM

covertwar is a decent person

The Coast Guard isn't even part of the Department of Transportation anymore, it's part of the Dept of Homeland security! Congress can make it part of the Dept of the NAVY too if need be.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:04 AM

LadyAliKat is a jewel in the roughLadyAliKat is a jewel in the roughLadyAliKat is a jewel in the roughLadyAliKat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tt600guy
first off shut up ANGEL OF DEATH, your a homo *** the airforce, *** the army(thats for you ladyalikat) especially **** the navy, and *** the coast guard join the MARINES :YEAH eh, just kidding, join whichever one u want, they all pay the same....almost nothing
haha bite me
what's up?
Old 05-06-2004, 08:46 AM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by LadyAliKat
haha bite me
what's up?
nothing...still waiting for you to lemme know when i can come up and hit that ****, so i can say i tagged an officer
Old 05-06-2004, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by rpm
LadyAliKat is in the ARMY? DAMN.

I aplogize about the comment,
Also my brother is a Network Admin at Raytheon and my dad is a Senior Enginer and they picked him right after was in the military and now he makes great pay been working there for 22 years and owns a yacht. I want to be like him at that age too.
Yup good Ol' Army. Did you see LewisKA, she is in the Marine Corps
My friend is doing a program with the Navy where they are paying for her college (she is an electrical engineer) and giving her a very generous monthly stipend. Afterwards she goes into the Navy civil engineering corps or something like that. or you could do the Navy Nuclear program-same benifits but i think the stipend you get is higher. You go into the navy as an officer-you go to OCS after graduation from college and then your school after that (army calls it OBC, AF calls it Tech school). After doing a few years in the service you could then go to Raytheon or anywhere as an engineer and being a military officer is something great to have also. You will never make the money you want at Raytheon unless you are an engineer as your dad is. Consider mechanical or electrical engineering as that is what is mostly found at raytheon. They didn't need any Chem. E's like me. one way or another if you want an engineering job you have to college and get the degree first. My dad, my brother and i are all engineers. so think about it and find out all the options open to you. It is easiest to go to college first and do a program like the ones i mentioned above. If you have any questions PM me ok.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:11 AM

nothing...still waiting for you to lemme know when i can come up and hit that ****, so i can say i tagged an officer
trying to get me in trouble
Old 05-06-2004, 11:12 AM
I Love To Post!

no, not at all...just trying to have some bragging rights!!! but u gotta wear your cammies when i do it and say "give it to me hard corporal" :YEAH
Old 05-06-2004, 11:20 AM

LewisKA is an unknown quantity at this point

no, not at all...just trying to have some bragging rights!!! but u gotta wear your cammies when i do it and say "give it to me hard corporal" :YEAH
Sean your a dork. No girl that would actually have sex with you would ruin it even worse by saying that.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:22 AM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by LewisKA
Sean your a dork. No girl that would actually have sex with you would ruin it even worse by saying that.
sure they would cuz im a

Quick Reply: Which Branch?