Army 19K M1 Tanker

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 06:59 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person
Army 19K M1 Tanker

Anyone on here a "Tanker" on an M1 Abram.....Going over jobs with my recruiter and I can't do MP (too many tickets) and Aircraft Powerplant Mech isnt available, SO this is what I've came up with Any input from you Army guys? Drive a tank and blow **** up, sounds fun
Old 04-30-2009, 07:47 PM

phxRRkid will become famous soon enough
Re: Army 19K M1 Tanker

dont know much about 19 kilo. but once you're in, you can always reclass to MP later on.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:04 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Wish I could but they are telling me my driving record woulnt allow MP No biggie though messing with tanks should be good times, not to mention I can finish my associates in CJ and have the army pay for it, Im sure I'll switch over to something else later on....cool thing is Ill be doing Basic and my M1 training in Fort Knox, bout an hour and a half from home
Old 04-30-2009, 10:13 PM

Dat_Boi is a decent person

Damn sir say it aint soooo.... Nooooooo i was wanting some back up with the boyz in the future. But damn homie, glad to see u aint to disappointed about it. Hope u find something u will enjoy for the time. Good luck with that.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:37 PM

BLooD is a decent person

Originally Posted by JMZ
Wish I could but they are telling me my driving record woulnt allow MP No biggie though messing with tanks should be good times, not to mention I can finish my associates in CJ and have the army pay for it, Im sure I'll switch over to something else later on....cool thing is Ill be doing Basic and my M1 training in Fort Knox, bout an hour and a half from home
how many fines? im workin gettin into mp but i have quit a collection myself
Old 05-01-2009, 06:15 AM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by BLooD
how many fines? im workin gettin into mp but i have quit a collection myself
I was told more than 5 is a no go for MP. It's 3-5 for a "security clearence" job. But Infantry is damn near same as MP, only MP writes ticketsand does cop work lol
Old 05-01-2009, 06:18 AM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Dat_Boi
Damn sir say it aint soooo.... Nooooooo i was wanting some back up with the boyz in the future. But damn homie, glad to see u aint to disappointed about it. Hope u find something u will enjoy for the time. Good luck with that.
Yeah I know but imma finish my CJ degree while in there so were good homie. Hell I'll probally change over to Infantry after while too and that helps also with a law job on the outside
Old 05-01-2009, 11:31 PM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

KO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond repute

if you go infantry, go airborne. I'm in the process of re-up'n in the Marine's. Going in as a Sniper this time.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:32 AM

OC DeBo is a decent person

hey bro, im a 19D, a scout. I dunno if uve signed ur papers yet, but a word to the wise- Unless we are lookin to go to war with a world superpower, we arent using tanks at all. Im deployed in iraq and i havent seen or heard of a tank being here in a year or so. I mean scout is a def good idea, its a great and diverse job. And for ur security clearence issue, the tickets will dissapear if they are traffic related, so u can get ur security clearence later on in ur contract. PM me if u wanna hear anymore

Not a recruiter, just on the inside lookin out.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:16 AM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JMZ
I was told more than 5 is a no go for MP. It's 3-5 for a "security clearence" job. But Infantry is damn near same as MP, only MP writes ticketsand does cop work lol
your wrong there bro. infantry and mp's are two totally different animals. been infantry for 15 yrs now. my advice to you is go into a job that is going to make you happy because if you dont your not going to enjoy life. if you do go 19d cav scout make sure you get airborne in your contract. its the only way to go.

pm me if you have any ?
Old 06-22-2009, 04:18 PM

P_Nice31 is a decent person

Originally Posted by JOHN J
your wrong there bro. infantry and mp's are two totally different animals. been infantry for 15 yrs now. my advice to you is go into a job that is going to make you happy because if you dont your not going to enjoy life. if you do go 19d cav scout make sure you get airborne in your contract. its the only way to go.

pm me if you have any ?
+1 Completely different MOS's. Cav scout here and loving it. Now u can say that Scout (19D) and Infantry (11B) are similar but neither are like MP.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:02 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Went with 19K and signed a few weeks ago so its a done deal....they offered me a Diver job and I passed it up cause I think Ill like ******* with tanks I was told I was stupid but oh well I got a nice lil bonus so Im good...I leave for Basic (in Ft Knox, training there also and 1.5 hrs from my house) in Oct, bout the only thing Im not looking foward too....I was told my traffic viloations would disappear once in so maybe Ill either go Infantry or MP since both will credit to what I plan to do once out of the military, thats what I ment as in the same Good looking out guys
Old 06-23-2009, 08:05 PM
IDLE WHORE

let me know what unit you goto if you can. i know the 1sg of delta troop 5/15.

good luck have fun and dont pull a kelm.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

And don't pull a Kelm, hahahaha
Old 06-24-2009, 04:18 AM

DELTA DAWGZ!!!!! i had fun there.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:20 AM

...just thought about this. he wont be in 5/15 or in any of those troops. he's a Kilo. 5/15 is Cavalry.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by JMZ
Went with 19K and signed a few weeks ago so its a done deal....they offered me a Diver job and I passed it up cause I think Ill like ******* with tanks I was told I was stupid but oh well I got a nice lil bonus so Im good...I leave for Basic (in Ft Knox, training there also and 1.5 hrs from my house) in Oct, bout the only thing Im not looking foward too....I was told my traffic viloations would disappear once in so maybe Ill either go Infantry or MP since both will credit to what I plan to do once out of the military, thats what I ment as in the same Good looking out guys

Good luck man, not a bad choice. at least u didnt pick some bitch **** like "supply" or "cook". have fun out there in the "School of Hard Knox" and get ready for the rivalry (19D), lol.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:15 AM
IDLE WHORE

Originally Posted by P_Nice31
...just thought about this. he wont be in 5/15 or in any of those troops. he's a Kilo. 5/15 is Cavalry.
i stand corrected, you are right sir..........im 11b i was just part of a rsta or as they call it here airborne reconnaissance
Old 06-24-2009, 10:04 AM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Ok I missed it, dint know how but I did....some1 please tell me what happened with Kelm and the Army, I remember seeing him wanting to join awhile back but nothing more....I probally don't want to know but then again I do

And thanks fellas for the reponses, I'm looking foward to this experience Main reason I didn't wanna pick a puss job, what fun would that be
Old 06-24-2009, 10:10 AM

Tomball_D is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn they are letting you in at 29?

Quick Reply: Army 19K M1 Tanker