Helicopter Pilots

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 07:20 PM

Stunter-X is an unknown quantity at this point
Helicopter Pilots

I was thinking of doing the warrant officer course and flying helicopters. Anybody have any info on training and what you have to go through? I have 6 years Army.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:21 PM
haters are your best fans

DaHammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Helicopter Pilots

im at ft eustis right now. im a 15tango. whats your mos and where are you stationed? i think im planning on going flight warrant as well. i think if you go on your ako you can get the list of what all you need to put in your warrant packet. or just ask your chain of command for one. then 6 weeks of warrant officer candidate school then 36 weeks of flight school. get the AFAST (flight test) book from borders. youre gonna need it to pass the flight aptitude test
Old 06-29-2008, 07:21 PM

Stunter-X is an unknown quantity at this point

88M, I was stationed at Ft. Leonard Wood and I'm on my inactive year now. I pretty much know the steps involved. I just pretty much wanted to know if all the training is barracks. Warrant probably is, but as far as flight training can you have your own place? Is it non-stop training; or is it active duty, your off on the weekends and holidays training.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:40 PM

EDUBon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stunter-X
88M, I was stationed at Ft. Leonard Wood and I'm on my inactive year now. I pretty much know the steps involved. I just pretty much wanted to know if all the training is barracks. Warrant probably is, but as far as flight training can you have your own place? Is it non-stop training; or is it active duty, your off on the weekends and holidays training.
warrants dont usally live in billets they get paid TDY so they usually stay in a hotel or get an apartment I thought about the flight shity but I got a P2 so I cant now, but get a letter of recommendation from a flight warrant to go along with your packet