Deployment

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 11:30 AM

richfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Deployment

Ok well im deployed now to iraq.. since sept 24th.. and i have to ask.. what was the hardest thing for you while you were deployed.. ?

Missing Family
Spouse/GF
Money
Bills
ETC
Old 11-04-2007, 01:16 AM

armydog is a decent person
Re: Deployment

I've been deployed to Iraq 3x, and this year is the hardest for some reason. Missing my wife and one year old is the thing I miss most. And of course my TL1000R.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:59 PM

richfunk is an unknown quantity at this point

mine is my gf... and family.. lol the money is good.. but not worth it.. being shot at and explosions suck..
Old 02-23-2008, 02:45 PM

Cornermonster is a decent person

I'll be joining you fellas in about 11 months. we are starting our pre-mob prep now.

Fun, fun...
Old 02-23-2008, 03:08 PM

xxxmen007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've deployed twice and always during the holiday, was never married so i guess that helped.
The shitty work schedule pissed me off, and whenever you don't return home on time like they say you should.

But then again unless you're army and get stuck for 16 months i guess you shouldn't be complaining too much.
I always felt bad for army guys being there for at least a year.... yuck!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Frogger is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy ****, Frogger is back!

Being away from my bike so far has been the hardest thing about deployment. That and dealing with piece of **** aircraft and stupid boat chucks. Being single helps A LOT though!
Old 02-26-2008, 09:49 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

wondering what all normal humans were doing back in the U.S. Lets face it, being in the Military sucks. I'm a civilian now and feel like i can finally live life again lol. Get out when your time is up!!!! You won't regret it!

-Armenian
10 Year U.S. Navy Veteran
Old 02-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Frogger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Armenian
wondering what all normal humans were doing back in the U.S.
I hear that too, I log onto the news everyday just to keep current. I really do miss being a normal person and being able to do whatever the hell I want. 1.3 years left of this enlistment, we'll see if I end up re-upping. :/
Old 02-28-2008, 06:51 PM

Cornermonster is a decent person

HEY FROGGER! MH-60 huh? I am a UH-60 Crewcheif. Well I will be soon. I was a UH-1 Crewcheif for 10 years and have recently been absorbed into an air assault unit bound for Balad. I need to go to the MOS tranistion school first though and then do all my RL progression all over again. yippie...

I am looking forward to getting back behind the gun. Got some stress to vent
Old 03-03-2008, 01:56 PM

theozman82 is a decent person

60 CE same here been doing it for 6 years in the med and im here on my fourth and final trip ive been here since Sep 07 and will be here till Dec 09 im here in mosul where you guys all at
Old 03-08-2008, 03:51 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

everything about it sucks. working 100 hours a week but only getting paid for 40 hours. eating chicken and rice EVERY day, and its cold and dry. with nothing to drink because the soda machines are "secured" ofcourse they work in the officers mess though. leaving behind a normal life with normal things and living in an artificial institutionalized environment for 6 months is not cool either. no dog, car, gf, wife, beer, riding lawnmower, garage, stuntbike, tv... etc, yeah you get the idea. and when youre not on deployment and during a inport status you get to have "duty" and work on the weekends once in awhile and stay overnight, its saturday right now and i'm sitting at work. 6 years navy carrier active duty, 3 months to go and i wont miss it one bit. civilian life is the only way to go.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:18 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
everything about it sucks. working 100 hours a week but only getting paid for 40 hours. eating chicken and rice EVERY day, and its cold and dry. with nothing to drink because the soda machines are "secured" ofcourse they work in the officers mess though. leaving behind a normal life with normal things and living in an artificial institutionalized environment for 6 months is not cool either. no dog, car, gf, wife, beer, riding lawnmower, garage, stuntbike, tv... etc, yeah you get the idea. and when youre not on deployment and during a inport status you get to have "duty" and work on the weekends once in awhile and stay overnight, its saturday right now and i'm sitting at work. 6 years navy carrier active duty, 3 months to go and i wont miss it one bit. civilian life is the only way to go.
I feel your pain!!
Old 03-14-2008, 04:29 PM

biddybump is a decent person

Originally Posted by xxxmen007
I've deployed twice and always during the holiday, was never married so i guess that helped.
The shitty work schedule pissed me off, and whenever you don't return home on time like they say you should.

But then again unless you're army and get stuck for 16 months i guess you shouldn't be complaining too much.
I always felt bad for army guys being there for at least a year.... yuck!
HA! I was there for 16 months my first time. I'm going back in a few months.

I would say the hardest thing for me is just being away from America...everything is just so much better here.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:10 PM

Pimpus Maximus is a decent person

We leave in september. I'm kinda excited but not really at the same time. Whatever, it's what I signed up for.

-Max.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:11 AM

DR650SE is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, I'm on my second Army tour out here and it sucks. At least this time I'm running around in civilian cloths and a full out beard. Last time was 15 months sitting in a Gun turret on a Hummvee. Felt like every mission was a Draw fire mission and it sucked being on the roads all day every day. I also just re-enlisted for 6 more years. Thats what I like about the reserves. I can live my life, and then fight when need be.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:57 AM

tutman6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im currently in afghanistan for 15 months and I would have to say that missing my wife would be the hardest thing for me,
Old 05-08-2008, 10:08 AM
hate practitioner

-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough

im leaving at the end of may for pre mob in TX then off to the box, im single and vol for this mission, so dosent really bother me, ive been away from home and family for a long time anyways nothing new here, plus im going with a big group of buddies that all vol for this mission so that helps, and there are some super fine chicks, im talking medial airforce hot chicks in my unit somehow, and im army
Old 05-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Weeeee!!

-ChaOs- is a decent person

Nasty you wouldnt be army if they didnt lift the gay ban in the military though!!
Old 05-08-2008, 06:22 PM
hate practitioner

-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by -ChaOs-
Nasty you wouldnt be army if they didnt lift the gay ban in the military though!!
im knocking u the **** out next time i see u punk!
Old 05-13-2008, 05:18 AM

redline coaster is a decent person

ya i say the hardest thing for me is missing my bike first then just being able to just go out after a long day 2 months left and im outta this bitch any one near bahgdad haha stop by and visit this place sucks

Quick Reply: Deployment