need some marine advice

Old 11-20-2006, 04:57 PM

thenewuser is an unknown quantity at this point
need some marine advice

i went to a recruiter today, he says they have very high standards now days for the marines and if i want to even become an infantry man i have to score at least an 80 on the asvab. idk if hes just saying that to motivate me to get a good score (all he could talk about was how i want to go intel. cause its the best) or wut? wut was ur guys score on the asvab and wut r u? (sorry if this post is a little vauge i am really confused right now on this whole military thing)
Old 11-23-2006, 05:09 PM

Re: need some marine advice

anyone?
Old 11-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

if you want to be infantry....don't do too good on your test because the higher you get the farther away from any action you get.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:12 PM

Pimpus Maximus is a decent person

You only need a 39 to get in, and the only job left for you with that low of a score IS infantry. Or a cook or something, lol. Anything above 50 is usually considered above average.. I myself scored a 72

-Max.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pimpus Maximus
You only need a 39 to get in, and the only job left for you with that low of a score IS infantry. Or a cook or something, lol. Anything above 50 is usually considered above average.. I myself scored a 72

-Max.
i just checked that out....i can't believe it's that low...i got a 99 and i have a back injury that would keep me from any real physical job...so it would be sitting behind a computer for me....not really what i wanted to do...
Old 11-26-2006, 09:28 PM
I Love To Post!

Sean24 is an unknown quantity at this point

hes lying to you, trust me.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:10 PM

yea i figure i cant trust anything a recruiter says, but y would he lie to try to help me haha
Old 11-28-2006, 02:44 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Location: The Roughest Ghetto In The World (Ramadi, Iraq) USMC
fabes can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by thenewuser
yea i figure i cant trust anything a recruiter says, but y would he lie to try to help me haha
because he is prob a pog ***** and wants you to go that route. It doesn't matter if you score a 39 or 99 on you asvab. If you want to go infantry then you will be infantry. Just get it in writing.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Regular StuntLifer

clutchit is an unknown quantity at this point

Im a recruiter here in New Jersey and all you need to be Infantry is a 31 AFQT and a GT of 80. If you have any questions feel free to ask I cant put you in since you in Cali so no reason for me to lie.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:55 AM

bigwillystyle is an unknown quantity at this point

I got an 84 and was a powerplant and airframe mechanic on F/A-18's.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:44 AM
Regular StuntLifer

clutchit is an unknown quantity at this point

ever stationed at MCAS Beaufort... I was with VMFA 122
Old 12-11-2006, 03:17 PM

Pimpus Maximus is a decent person

Originally Posted by clutchit
Im a recruiter here in New Jersey and all you need to be Infantry is a 31 AFQT and a GT of 80. If you have any questions feel free to ask I cant put you in since you in Cali so no reason for me to lie.
Yea, I meant to say 31, but some reason 39 popped into my head. For the most part from what I have seen, most people with under 50 don't make it past MEP's for some reason anyways.

-Max.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:56 AM

moneymak is a decent person

tell him you've been talking to the army guy he'll straighten up. like fabes said get it in writing.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:46 PM

78KingCobra is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a 78 on my ASVAB and im going infantry.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Chiaroscuro

ARKG is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a question is there a time period that you have to go through or a minimum rank before you can apply for recon, i have talked to a recruiter but it was a little over a year ago and i am genuinely interested in recon any help would be appreciated
Old 03-01-2007, 06:17 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Location: The Roughest Ghetto In The World (Ramadi, Iraq) USMC
fabes can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by ARKG
i have a question is there a time period that you have to go through or a minimum rank before you can apply for recon, i have talked to a recruiter but it was a little over a year ago and i am genuinely interested in recon any help would be appreciated
once you graduate SOI you can try out for recon. Then later down the road you can try out for Force Recon.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:07 PM

simplydawn is an unknown quantity at this point

I scored 92 on mine. Always get your chit in writing. As far as Intel I can say this because I have friends in Intel. You will promote faster in that Mos. It is also very hard to get into Intel and alot of cool chit that goes with it. You gotta have clearances and chit. If I had it to do all over again I would have went for it.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:51 PM

Master Shake is a decent person

Well Force Recon isn't a Marine Corps capability anymore... well officially at least. They came out with MARSOP(Marine Special Operations Platoon). Force Recon still lives unofficially as D Company in all the Recon Bns. But I live on Camp Magarita in Camp Pendleton California which is also home to the 1st Recon Bn and trust me if you try out you will make the indoc. The indoc is easy its the school that sucks.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:44 AM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person

Arnold... what a motovater. No, its not the school that sucks, or the indoc. Its training platoon that thrashes the **** out of you. You can get a 2 on the asvab and still get in. All you need is a waver. The Marines have a waiver for EVERYTHING.... EVERY FREAKIN THING.

If you go to recon all youll be is a glorified grunt. Same thing as infantry except you get an M4 and Okley glasses. As a grunt you get a 16, or M4 and ESS Glasses.

Alls the same. Just recon thinks their **** doesnt stink... cause they **** in bags and take it with them...
Old 05-28-2007, 08:45 AM

thisoneguy is a decent person

Originally Posted by -Eri
Arnold... what a motovater. No, its not the school that sucks, or the indoc. Its training platoon that thrashes the **** out of you. You can get a 2 on the asvab and still get in. All you need is a waver. The Marines have a waiver for EVERYTHING.... EVERY FREAKIN THING.

If you go to recon all youll be is a glorified grunt. Same thing as infantry except you get an M4 and Okley glasses. As a grunt you get a 16, or M4 and ESS Glasses.

Alls the same. Just recon thinks their **** doesnt stink... cause they **** in bags and take it with them...
+1 Absoulty EVERYTHING - They have a waiver if you have more than three waivers... and +100 on getting EVERYTHING in writing, and don't every let the recruiter tell you that they lost your space, and you have to go "open contract" remember, until you get off the buss and put your feet on the yellow footprints, you are in charge. If the recruiter ever gives you any flack just tell him your talking to the army (and far as i know, they still have the 20,000 sign on bonus). If you score better than 80 on the asvab make sure to ask for your 3,000 dollar bonus (im pretty sure they still have it) and make sure you give your recuriter at least three names, and most will help you out to get meteroius PFC, and a free set of Blues. And I am suprized no one has brought this part up yet.... HOLLYWOOD MARINES #1!

Last edited by thisoneguy; 05-28-2007 at 08:53 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need some marine advice