Fort Lauderdale, FL

what do you think???

Old 01-26-2003, 10:45 AM

Kyle XXX is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation what do you think???

chick this!!! https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...&threadid=9062
Old 01-26-2003, 07:02 PM

silverzx12r is an unknown quantity at this point
Kyle I am going to get kicked off the boards I belong to for sticking up for you, everyone is talking **** about you lack of gear, personaly I get tired of hearing the ****, but I got your back.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:33 PM

Exclamation good call

well thanks for being open minded. here's how i see it...

i'm all for wearing all your gear, altho jackets & even helmets somtimes hinder your movements.... it might sound crazy but i have definatly crashed due to lack of flexability, from to much gear.....

and one more thing.... i am a dick for not wearing my helmet but !!!!! **** the rest of the gear when i hardly ever exeed 35 mph..... tuck and role baby !!!!!

im interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on this....

thanks...
yours truly
kyle the"omg i cant beleave he just walked away from that" woods.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:50 PM

TrikChik is an unknown quantity at this point
Kyle, I would never try to tell you what to do, but I am always a little apprehensive about watching stunters without helmets. I don't wanna see something that may scar me for life. If I were a parent, I wouldn't bring my kid to a show where helmets weren't mandatory. Too much **** can go wrong, you proved that at Stuntwars. If it can happen to you, it can happen to anybody.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:57 PM

Originally posted by TrikChik
Kyle, I would never try to tell you what to do, but I am always a little apprehensive about watching stunters without helmets. I don't wanna see something that may scar me for life. If I were a parent, I wouldn't bring my kid to a show where helmets weren't mandatory. Too much **** can go wrong, you proved that at Stuntwars. If it can happen to you, it can happen to anybody.
your right, good point gina....i allways respect your imput....

a helmet isent to much to ask, and i would hate to see some little kid ride around on his 50 trieng to bust out highchairs without a helmet.........
Old 01-26-2003, 09:04 PM

TrikChik is an unknown quantity at this point
I just want to see you guys become Superstars, not statistics.
Old 01-26-2003, 10:09 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: good call

Originally posted by Kyle XXX

yours truly
kyle the"omg i cant beleave he just walked away from that" woods.
Old 01-26-2003, 10:36 PM
StarBoyz Staff

GUMBY is an unknown quantity at this point
this is a touchy subject....i am for safty but i do understand sometimes ya just don't think and jump on a bike for one or two quick tricks....then thats when u are rolling the dice....bro i am just glad 2 see your okay....had a bro worried for a min.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:17 AM

underzen is an unknown quantity at this point
Woods you know I got your back...

When your rollin your slow **** its all good. But I know when you go ***** to the wall (long stoppies, the first nite of cliffhangers) you throw your gear on...

Its funny as **** when your like "ohh its on" and you throw on your gear, helmet, jacket and all. When "ohh its on" comes out of kyles mouth and he reach's for the helmet and jacket, PACK YOUR **** AND GO HOME.

Your stuck in a tough spot though cause you got the kids looking up at you and seeing you with no helmet on and **** I have even seen some people in recent time (not gonna mention names) watch you at the warehouses with no helmet on and they go out and start rippin 80mph 1st gear screamers down the warehouse with no helmet on.

I believe whenever its my time to go, helmet or not, im gonna go...

I dont wear a helmet on the fiddy though..and i'm a little kid..highchairs on the fiddy though i haven't gotten yet...

Old 01-27-2003, 12:50 PM
Regular StuntLifer

jaxen112 is an unknown quantity at this point
Helmets are fun

gotta wear a lid, ALWAYS.

although I do admit, when watching footage whether it be TripX or Starboys I'm like look at this sick ****, no shirt, no helmet rockin tricks like that.

I worked in harlem for fire ems for 2 years, I cant even remember how many guys I've seen with their brains on the floor, DOA from crashing into something, even wearing german/turtle lids whatever you call them. the sight of **** like that will never let me ride w/o a helmet.

keep your brains on the inside, girls will like you better
Old 01-27-2003, 02:03 PM

S54Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not really anyone but a spectator at the track and on this board, but the way I see it for the sport to progress the way you guys talk about wanting it to, you're going to have not only be good at what you do, but try to be a safety rolemodel. The #1 hazard of the sport is safety, and when people see you do a back flip and your head hit the concrete like that, it definately doesn't make them more comfortable with the sport.

In my opinion, people should be allowed to do what they want - if you want to practice with no gear - that's your decision. But when it comes to competition with spectators - I think that if people continue to have incidents like yours, 2 things will happen: 1) organizers will start making gear mandetory, 2) People will get turned off from the sport. Personally I think you guys should take it upon yourselves to wear lids anytime you start a bike with spectators. Remember - they're called "accidents" because you don't expect them to happen. They happen.

:p :p

Last edited by S54Coupe; 01-27-2003 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:29 PM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
helmet

I believe in Helmets. Jackets, I agree with Kyle, they hinder your movement so I don't wear it while I do some stunts.
I do wear a back brace under my shirt though.
I know youngster see and try the things we do. There is a handful of neighborhood kids I see trying to copy the things we do on their bicycles, some are pretty good, I always make sure they wear there helmet and gloves when I see them without them.
I do believe helmets should be required, everything else optional.

Last edited by PRESTON; 01-27-2003 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:39 PM

Bmann29 is an unknown quantity at this point
My opinion is this always wear your helmets! You never know man that would have been a major blow to the stunting community if that would have been a fatal crash. I can speak for myself that if I did not have my helmet on I would have died instantally in my crash I had. If you had your helmet on you probably would not have recieved a cuncusion. But it's like this alot of people out there care about you and want you to be around so try not to get bent with people having strong opinions on this subject!

Peace man
Old 01-27-2003, 05:28 PM

[i] But it's like this alot of people out there care about you and want you to be around so try not to get bent with people having strong opinions on this subject!

Peace man [/B]

trust me, i rarley get "bent" especialy when it's my safety that's being talked about... honistly,,, i just want to see how others feel on the subject. we had all decided to wear our gear a few months ago.... altho once and a while we slip & forget....
well we all see what can happen.....

it's nice to hear you all talking about wearing helmets... instead of, naa let him go !!!! i wana see him crash again.....lol....

thanks everyone.....
kyle woods
Old 01-27-2003, 05:45 PM

David P.O.B. is an unknown quantity at this point
my opinion on this matter is a strong one because i consider everyone in the stunting community my friends and family. I tell patrick all the time to wear his lid, luckily now he has found SOMETHING that covers his skull that he will wear even though it shinny gold!

but seeing you of all people crash like that just re-itterates the fact that it only takes half on a second (even if its out of your control) to seriously hurt yourself if not worse. your crash was brutal bro, and you are extremely lucky to walk away from it like you did. you are one SICK MOTHA on a bike and i would hate to not have you around anymore because of an accident. take care bro and i hope you feel better soon. See ya at bike week.

David
Old 01-27-2003, 09:37 PM

skidmark is a decent person
my .2c
Should have worn a helmet... obviously, glad you're ok... now you have to show anyone riding the footage so they can see what happens if you don't wear one...
Most people, me included, are pretty dumb when it comes to gear & stunts, so seeing something like that definetly gets the helmet off the sidewalk and onto your head... just in case

The pic of the bike hovering over you has got to be one of the crazyest pics I've ever seen by the way! http://www.sportbikerider.us/Sportbi...res/kyle%2Ejpg

Last edited by skidmark; 01-27-2003 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:14 AM

gr8whytehunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by underzen
Woods you know I got your back...

Your stuck in a tough spot though cause you got the kids looking up at you and seeing you with no helmet on and **** I have even seen some people in recent time (not gonna mention names) watch you at the warehouses with no helmet on and they go out and start rippin 80mph 1st gear screamers down the warehouse with no helmet on.

:
Like Zen said wether you realize it or not, people look up to you wether young or old. The ones who are going to talk smack about you not wearing a lid, don't see you everytime you ride. They see that video and now it's on you. When in doubt or you're not thinking, listen to your friends. You can't be number on if you are blowing through a tube to run your wheelchair. Granted you would figure out how to twelve that too, but you get the point. Friends, acquaintances or just fans, we all got your back.
Old 02-04-2003, 06:09 AM

RecklessOpSteve is an unknown quantity at this point
I know it can be tough doing some stuff in gear, but, yeah, keep the lid on!

Whoever said it was right, that could have been a wicked loss for the stunt community.

There are not nearly enough quality riders out there, and espescially ones that are going somehwere with it. You are one of the ones paving the way for everyone else.

Would hate to see you take a tank and have everyone saying "See, I told ya that **** was dangerous"...ya know!

Now dude, be safe and keep the bike UNDER you (or in front of you, or behind you, or beside you, ANYTHING but on top of ya!