Frame stamping?

Old 03-01-2009, 10:44 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of
Frame stamping?

I have an 04 636 that I cracked the frame on. I bought one of those direct from Kawi frames and swapped everything over, but I dont know how to get my numbers onto the blank frame. Does anyone know the process on getting them stamped? Do you think maybe the BMV or a dealer could help?
Old 03-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of
Re: Frame stamping?

Find some one who has a set of stamps, like a mechanic that has been around for some time. The other day I saw a set for sale on here. I had the same problem and the dmv didn't know what or how to get a vin stamped.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:55 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

i believe the dealerships can do it as long as you have the neck of the other frame and title and receipt for the new frame

how much did that frame cost you?
Old 03-01-2009, 10:58 PM
control switcher

Dr_Rip_It will become famous soon enough

i went to harbor freight and got a stamp kit and did my gsxr frame i was just real careful to do it nice and not have to re-stamp a # worked for me
Old 03-01-2009, 11:00 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

I bought it from a guy on here for $500. He had bought it and then ended up not buying a 636 or something. If I remember correctly though he had paid around $900 for it when he bought it.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:41 PM
crunchy buckets!! oh ****

whitehendrix is a decent person

legally, you're not allowed to do your own stamping.. but if you do it straight enough, no one will never know.

the DMV i don't think will do it.. gotta have a dealer do that if you want it "legit"

but a typical 1/4" (i think thats the size..) stamp kit from like harbor freight or MSC will work.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:59 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

get a stamp kit. Get all your letters together and lined up. Weld a piece of steel to them(to keep them all straight and all at the same distance) and one hit on the frame. BIIING. Done. DMV time.

******This is all theoretical. I personally have not done this. Please do not assume anything about me. :end of disclaimer:*****
Old 03-02-2009, 09:09 AM
DMC Freestyle.....

freestylexxx02 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes and there not 1/4 they are 3/16
Old 03-02-2009, 05:59 PM
control switcher

Originally Posted by frayz
get a stamp kit. Get all your letters together and lined up. Weld a piece of steel to them(to keep them all straight and all at the same distance) and one hit on the frame. BIIING. Done. DMV time.

******This is all theoretical. I personally have not done this. Please do not assume anything about me. :end of disclaimer:*****
thats a good idea. but you stamps will be fubar after you weld them.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:47 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dr_Rip_It
thats a good idea. but you stamps will be fubar after you weld them.
u only need them once.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:10 PM

skoh will become famous soon enough

what size kit do you buy?
Old 03-02-2009, 07:18 PM
DMC Freestyle.....

u weld a metal cage basically drill a hole in one end and weld a nut over the hole.. put the stamps in and thread a bolt in the nut and it will tighten the stamps...... duhhhhhhh come on guys
Old 03-02-2009, 08:26 PM

fiddy pimpin is a decent person

I stamped my last ummm stunt frame....It was impounded an all that **** with no problems...Just take your time and hit it square.

A red 2inch scotchbrite whel on an angle die grinder removes your 'mistaken number' if you do mess up just be very particular to the blending...

Again as seen below

***DISCLAIMER***

I am in no way associated or involved with crime or any criminal activity...Please do not judge me but rather appreciate the offerings of stunt world brotherhood

***END DISCLAIMER***
Old 03-02-2009, 10:11 PM
control switcher

Originally Posted by frayz
u only need them once.
you can use the stamp kit for something else if you do any kinda bike work..engine work ect
Old 03-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Certified M.I.L.F.

MsDiana is a decent person

the dealer u got it from needs to stamp it for you. i dunno where you are from, but here in VA it is a felony to stamp it yourself. the cops around here are lookin out for that shyt now
Old 03-02-2009, 11:19 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fiddy pimpin
I stamped my last ummm stunt frame....It was impounded an all that **** with no problems...Just take your time and hit it square.

A red 2inch scotchbrite whel on an angle die grinder removes your 'mistaken number' if you do mess up just be very particular to the blending...

Again as seen below

***DISCLAIMER***

I am in no way associated or involved with crime or any criminal activity...Please do not judge me but rather appreciate the offerings of stunt world brotherhood

***END DISCLAIMER***
watch your bike around this guy...

as he said, this is a from kawasaki frame with no numbers, no need to grind off stolen numbers
Old 03-02-2009, 11:59 PM
control switcher

Originally Posted by MsDiana
the dealer u got it from needs to stamp it for you. i dunno where you are from, but here in VA it is a felony to stamp it yourself. the cops around here are lookin out for that shyt now
what if you buy the bike off someone and not the dealer how do you go about it then?
Old 03-04-2009, 08:20 AM

600flipper is a decent person

Originally Posted by fiddy pimpin

Again as seen below

***DISCLAIMER***

***END DISCLAIMER***
you are not cool ... at all
Old 03-04-2009, 09:54 PM
crunchy buckets!! oh ****

whitehendrix is a decent person

Originally Posted by freestylexxx02
yes and there not 1/4 they are 3/16
thank ya sir. sorry for the wrong numbers.

i thought so, but then again, most cops don't even now where the hell the VIN is at.

let alone the difference between 1/4 and 3/16!! lol
Old 03-04-2009, 10:00 PM
DMC Freestyle.....

some cops do.... but none around me... i bought a non number frame and had a shop restamp it with my old numbers, turned out perfect

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Frame stamping?