honda f4i ignition pink wire

Old 12-15-2005, 03:27 AM

speedaddict is an unknown quantity at this point
honda f4i ignition pink wire

what is the voltage of the pink wire in a honda cbr f4i/929/954... ignition? or is it resistance? i need both or either values. thank you for your time.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: honda f4i ignition pink wire

if you have allready tride hotwireing it you've prolly ruined the 12v regulator rectifier.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:48 PM

speedaddict is an unknown quantity at this point

nah, i didnt touch it yet. anyone else?
Old 12-15-2005, 09:43 PM

charkly is a decent person

the ignitions got a ziener diode in it-it wont run without an ignition. PERIOD. somewhere in the system the diode MUST be present to make the **** run. Been there, ****ed that up. Basically, it sends a signal to the eec confirming that theres an ignition. Without that signal, the fuel pump wont kick on. Once the bikes running, It doesnt make a **** of difference.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:57 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

+1

Good post..
Old 07-22-2007, 11:23 AM

my01f4ziptie is a decent person

yea ive actualy got a problem simalar ...see on my last fall scrapin my 12 bar i had my front fender ripped off and i was riding aorund with it off for somtime now.so after a while of riding around pulling wheelie and stuff the ignition main wiring harness was rubbin up against the tire . sooo i sudenly here the bike wanting to stall on me so i just rode it home quick ...didnt wanna get stranded and took the front nose off the bike to wire back up the wires that got frayed on the tire i think there was like 3 wires out of the 4 on the igition harnes that got frayed and probably pushed together while rubing on tire ..now my fuel pump wont turn on ..i checked the tip over sensor ..thats fine ..i jumped the fuel relay and the pump works ..but wont fire up ..so im thinking it might be the ignition ..and yes i did fray the pink wire.so if anyone can please help me out im going out of my mind here i havnt rode in 3 weeks and thats a long time for me, its also the only vehicle i got rite now .im about to bring it to shop but before i do i wanna ask you guys for any help you can provide on what i should do and where that diode thing is or if my bike even has one i have a 01 honda f4i so anyhelp will be greatly apreciated ....thank you
Old 07-22-2007, 11:39 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Pink is for the fuel pump!!!!! Just had a problem with mine...

All I did was add a small piece of wire to the pink wire (soder), shrink wrapped it and it's all good!

Standard 12volt wire for the ignition....to the fuel pump....i can check the manuel for the exact values...

Last edited by FrankieG; 07-22-2007 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:46 AM

yes but i have connection with the pink wire ..its just that its frayed i put it back together and now the pump dont work ..i dont know maybe cause there was 3 of the 4 wires were frayed maybe the tire mushed em together and blew sumthin...i dont know ..whats the deal with this igition diode thingy ..do i have one? where is it ? is i posible i frayed it er sumthin ..i dont know i need help bad.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:39 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

There Is A Fuse In The Ignition That Will Blow And The Ingition Is Done.....you May Need A Whole New Ignition...check The Fuses Under The Seat, But Likely The Ignition Is Fryed...
Old 07-22-2007, 12:57 PM

well my friend i bought the bike from actualy has an extra brand new ignition system so hopefully that will do the trick if not i gfot fuel cut relays coming on wednesday ..soo hopefuly i ai nt gotta bring it to shop..oo and how the hell do i get the ignition system off ..theres these wierd star looking allen keys nuts on there where will ui find tools like those ....damn bikes are bitches arent they ..but u gotta luv em
Old 07-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

drill or buy the special tool, i believe they are called torx or somthing
Old 07-22-2007, 01:17 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

u WILL NEVER FIND THE ACTUAL TOOL....JUST TAKE A DREMMEL TOOL AND WITH A CUTTING BIT AND MAKE A SLIT TO FIT A FFLAT HEAD SCREW DRIVER AND JUST UNSCREW THE TWO BOLTS....EASIEST WAY!!!!

THOSE 4 PRONG RELAYS ALWAYS GO BAD THERE ARE 4 UNDER THE TANK AND THEY DO FRY SOMETIMES...DEFINATELY CHECK THEM...ONE OTHER GOOD THING TO KNOW IS THE HONDA GOLD WING HAS THE SAME 4 PRONG RELAYS ALL THE SAME...I HAD TO GET A HONDA GOLD WING RELAY ONE TIME IT WORKS LIKE A CHAMP,....

Last edited by FrankieG; 07-22-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:57 PM

youre talking about the fuel cut relay and the engine cut relay ..underneath the rear tail section ...rite> if so i got them on order comin wednesday
Old 07-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Scrapes Elbow

i have the torx allen key which i bought at autozone..
Old 07-22-2007, 11:41 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
i have the torx allen key which i bought at autozone..
The Torx allen type style is different....the honda has a apprx 30 degree grooves protruding inside the bolt head...this is a special tool that can only be acquired by certified honda mechanics from what i was told....mabee other styles are a close enough fit to force in and work but the dermmel always works...LOL
Old 07-23-2007, 01:17 AM

ooooo yea ...my boy came over today with my new ignition he had a left over ..brand new ..pugged it in ..and wamm fuel pump fires up i am soo relieved i finaly fixed this fukin problem i had for 2 weeks ..i also ordered about 120 $ worth of parts ..but its ok i gues i got spares ..but uhhh yea lesson dont let your wires drag on ur tire ..cause u have no front fender from doin a 3 oklock wheelie...now i just gotta find one of those torq allen keys so i can put the ignition system in correctly and instead of tapping it !.pzzzz