Anyone Stunt a 2-Stroke?

Old 06-17-2009, 05:53 PM

NuSoup is a decent person
Anyone Stunt a 2-Stroke?

Hey,

I've been messing around on my friend's R1 lately. He stunts a little, and I was just screwing around doing small wheelies and stuff. I'm thinking of getting my own bike. I ride motocross, and I'm very fond of the 2-strokes. I found 500cc single cylinder water cooled 2-stroke engine that I'm thinking of putting into a Gixxer 600 roller that I found for sale. What do you guys think of this? Can I stunt it? Has anyone every even stunted on a 2-stroke-powered bike? Do you think a 500cc will be able to get the bike up easily (seeing how it's probably more powerful than the stock Gixxer 600 engine)?

Thanks for any help.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:21 PM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person
Re: Anyone Stunt a 2-Stroke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV7EE_HQycc

Use ur CRF150 to learn how to stunt on, would be 43967493764379 times better
Old 06-17-2009, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kevmo7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV7EE_HQycc

Use ur CRF150 to learn how to stunt on, would be 43967493764379 times better
I used to play around on that thing all the time, but now I have an RM 125. I sold the 150.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:26 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

2 stroke sport bike would kill you

you dont WANT tons of power

either get a regular old 4 stroke sport bike, or attempt to stunt your rm125
Old 06-17-2009, 06:31 PM
TEAM KELM MOTHAFUUCKA***S

br denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NuSoup
Hey,

I've been messing around on my friend's R1 lately. He stunts a little, and I was just screwing around doing small wheelies and stuff. I'm thinking of getting my own bike. I ride motocross, and I'm very fond of the 2-strokes. I found 500cc single cylinder water cooled 2-stroke engine that I'm thinking of putting into a Gixxer 600 roller that I found for sale. What do you guys think of this? Can I stunt it? Has anyone every even stunted on a 2-stroke-powered bike? Do you think a 500cc will be able to get the bike up easily (seeing how it's probably more powerful than the stock Gixxer 600 engine)?

Thanks for any help.
if you still dont have brake control i sugest the same as kevmo... practice on a lower cc...

if you try to wheelie that 500cc 2 stroke with the mind that it wont come up... your gonna kiss the pavement before u can say brap
Old 06-17-2009, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
2 stroke sport bike would kill you

you dont WANT tons of power

either get a regular old 4 stroke sport bike, or attempt to stunt your rm125
But, don't you think a 500cc on a sports bike would be good. It's not overkill or anything. I would think it would be just perfect.

And, my RM 125 is my motocross bike. I wasn't planning on stunting it.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by br denis
if you still dont have brake control i sugest the same as kevmo... practice on a lower cc...

if you try to wheelie that 500cc 2 stroke with the mind that it wont come up... your gonna kiss the pavement before u can say brap
I have really good rear brake control. I got that from my CRF150, and I can tell from how I ride my friend's R1. I know a lot about 2-strokes. I've ridden many in my day. I know about the power band, I'm not a newb that's going to be mashing the throttle on one wheel.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:44 PM
TEAM KELM MOTHAFUUCKA***S

br denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of light

I have really good rear brake control. I got that from my CRF150, and I can tell from how I ride my friend's R1. I know a lot about 2-strokes. I've ridden many in my day. I know about the power band, I'm not a newb that's going to be mashing the throttle on one wheel.
well i assumed you didnt since you asked if a 500cc 2 stroke would come up easy...
Old 06-17-2009, 07:00 PM

well i assumed you didnt since you asked if a 500cc 2 stroke would come up easy...
Well, I know it comes up easy on a dirt bike or ATV, but I asked if it would come up easy on a sports bike. Sports bikes are ******' heavy... So, I'm assuming that's a yes...
Old 06-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Janitor "clean up stalls"

faster321 is an unknown quantity at this point

i learned wheelies and basic brake control on a XR100, small enough not to kill you too bad, then i had my track bike and just took the basics over to the 2 stroke, its do-able, but i find slow wheelies so much better on a 450 rather then a 250 2stroke.... ill throw in a pic to show you its possible.... (btw bike is now owned by the state of texas; something bout wheelies on hwy etc.)
Name:  meoverbp.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  50.6 KB

Last edited by faster321; 06-17-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:29 PM

Ahahah, that's mad funny. Sorry to hear that, though.

By the way, I'm not looking to stunt a dirt bike. I want to take a 500cc dirtbike engine, and put it in a Gixxer 600. Any input on this?
Old 06-17-2009, 07:53 PM

ShaneGSXR21 is a decent person

Ahahah, that's mad funny. Sorry to hear that, though.

By the way, I'm not looking to stunt a dirt bike. I want to take a 500cc dirtbike engine, and put it in a Gixxer 600. Any input on this?

your gonna run into so many problems.... ur gonna have to custom make so many mounts, and figure out how to get ur drives lined up... and is the tranny gonna end up where the gixxer rearsets are? plus a million other things that will come up... youll have the tank off all the time cuz ur foulin plugs cuz ur idlin around...if ur super mechanically inclined you could jerrry rig some monstrousity, but since ur asking on stuntlife id assume ur no biker build off contestant....

just buy a damn bike with the motor thats supposed to be in it... and make wheelies...
Old 06-17-2009, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by ShaneGSXR21
your gonna run into so many problems.... ur gonna have to custom make so many mounts, and figure out how to get ur drives lined up... and is the tranny gonna end up where the gixxer rearsets are? plus a million other things that will come up... youll have the tank off all the time cuz ur foulin plugs cuz ur idlin around...if ur super mechanically inclined you could jerrry rig some monstrousity, but since ur asking on stuntlife id assume ur no biker build off contestant....

just buy a damn bike with the motor thats supposed to be in it... and make wheelies...
Yeah, I know. I'm just really not a 4-stroke guy. I'll see what I can do. As long as I know I will be able to stunt (which I still never got a strait answer on), I'll find a way to do it.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:34 PM

KANE>NIN is a decent person

if u lived here u could stunt a 2-stroke on the street, noo worrys
Old 06-17-2009, 09:16 PM

ShaneGSXR21 is a decent person

Originally Posted by KANE>NIN
if u lived here u could stunt a 2-stroke on the street, noo worrys

In Bmore wheelies are ok because they are just happy ur not shooting anyone at that moment
Old 06-17-2009, 09:19 PM

ABQSLOBRA is a decent person

Originally Posted by shanegsxr21
in bmore wheelies are ok because they are just happy ur not shooting anyone at that moment
Old 06-17-2009, 09:19 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shanegsxr21
in bmore wheelies are ok because they are just happy ur not shooting anyone at that moment
Old 06-17-2009, 09:20 PM

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

go with that 2 stroke!
Old 06-17-2009, 09:21 PM

if you try to wheelie that 500cc 2 stroke with the mind that it wont come up... Your gonna kiss the pavement before u can say brap
Old 06-17-2009, 09:24 PM

is that some kind of joke?? have you ever rode cr 500 or yz? btw you need huge sprocket becouse thy need more power for wheelie.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone Stunt a 2-Stroke?