TMS helmets ???

Old 02-26-2009, 05:19 PM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point
TMS helmets ???

Whats the deal on these things? I mean how are these so f-ing cheap? Ive had Arai's and Shoei's then went cheaper to HJC and Icon to rash up during practice but whats the deal? Are these complete garbage? will they do a decent job while lot riding? If anyone has tried em please do tell. 10 bucks is insane!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLUE-FULL-FACE-MOTORCYCLE-HELMET-CBR-F4i-R1-R6-GSX-R-L_W0QQitemZ310124000160QQcmdZViewItemQQptZApparel_ Merchandise?hash=item310124000160&_trksid=p3286.c0 .m14&_trkparms=72%3A1171%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3 A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
Old 02-26-2009, 05:26 PM

Guru is a decent person
Re: TMS helmets ???

helmets are for squids
Old 02-26-2009, 05:28 PM

bwesky is a decent person

shoei, shark, icon, and arai FTW.... think about it, is a few hundred bucks worth saving your brain? i think so, if u buy one of those you might as well just not even wear a helmet.... i guess you still cant go wrong with HJC but if you wunt comfort, style and safety go with the four brands i mentioned before...
Old 02-26-2009, 05:29 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

i wouldnt wear that piece of **** if you gave me 10 dollars. how often do you really smack your head off the ground? i dont mind payin 450 for a qaulity helmet cuz ive yet to really need one, but when i do ill be glad i was wearing one that cost 450 instead of 10 dollars.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:44 PM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point

I have expensive ones, wondering why these are cheap.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:46 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hicks
I have expensive ones, wondering why these are cheap.
cuz theyre junk im sure if they spent any money on r-n-d and quality materials they wouldnt be able to sell them that cheap
Old 02-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Wheelie Whore

SxRacer108 is an unknown quantity at this point

I rock scorpion helmets....ive personally crash tested them ALOT...150mph lowsides on the track hucked myself over the bars comin down from a flamingo (FTW it was a fluke) and they are GOOOD. and cheaper...check them out...GREAT helmets GREAT PRICES.

www.sportbiketrackgear.com
Old 02-26-2009, 05:56 PM
BiG AzZ sQuID

Frankenstein929 is a decent person

Idk, Ive gone over the bars at like 45 head first hit the ground without a helmet... I would rather wear that 10 dollar helmet then nothing.... But i wouldnt be caught dead wearing that piece of ****... Your dumb if you even consider wearing it.. honestly how dumb can you be to buy something like that... that **** is protecting your brain, balance, and that **** that gets you laid... your face do whatever you want but ill pay good money for my helmets
Old 02-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Wheelie Whore

SxRacer108 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh and my i only wear helmets that are Snell approved..DOT is ok, but snell has higher standards...
Old 02-26-2009, 06:08 PM

crowspeed07 is a decent person

it says its dot approved but i wouldn't risk my head in it.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:08 PM
takingitbacktotheoldskool

RROCCO will become famous soon enoughRROCCO will become famous soon enough

i like my suomy even if it isnt snell approved.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:26 PM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

im sorry but my dome is worth a nice lid . . . . when i was 16 i stole a car and for community service i had to go to a head injury clinic . . . everyone there was in accidents and they were all fucked up and drueling all over themselves and **** . . . ever since then i always wear a lid
Old 02-26-2009, 11:40 PM

Tekanomics is a decent person

you want a cheap helmet get a kbc... at least it'll save your brain a lil bit!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

nah.... **** that. buy a 10 dollar brain bucket. Have at it. The play chicken with a freight train. You have got to be smart enough to realize that this was a stupid ******* question. But you asked it anyways. Why pray tell?
Old 02-27-2009, 04:37 AM
BiG AzZ sQuID

Originally Posted by SxRacer108
oh and my i only wear helmets that are Snell approved..DOT is ok, but snell has higher standards...
Good call, all my helmets are snell also... The one time i rode around without my helmet was to the store 3 blocks down... that was also the same day I woke up in an intersection with and ambulance to my left and some kid pushing my bike off the road along with all the plastics... oh and thank god for high strength apoxy... she is gonna look sexy again!!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:14 AM

Chr1stina is a decent person

You guys are under estimating this helmet...it sold for over twice the price quoted!

I litterally bounced my head off of the pavement with a HJC one day and it protected me well. I have found other helmets more comfortable and definitely better quality. I would buy HJC again if i really had to have one and couldn't afford anything else.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:23 PM
BiG AzZ sQuID

Originally Posted by Chr1stina
You guys are under estimating this helmet...it sold for over twice the price quoted!

I litterally bounced my head off of the pavement with a HJC one day and it protected me well. I have found other helmets more comfortable and definitely better quality. I would buy HJC again if i really had to have one and couldn't afford anything else.
I wouldnt buy a helmet for less than the price I pay for sheilds for another helmet lol
Old 02-27-2009, 02:19 PM

Chr1stina is a decent person

Originally Posted by frankenstein929
i wouldnt buy a helmet for less than the price i pay for sheilds for another helmet lol
Old 02-27-2009, 02:24 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bwesky
shoei, shark, icon, and arai FTW.... think about it, is a few hundred bucks worth saving your brain? i think so, if u buy one of those you might as well just not even wear a helmet.... i guess you still cant go wrong with HJC but if you wunt comfort, style and safety go with the four brands i mentioned before...
Any dot /snell helmet goes through the same tests

just because it costs more money, doesn't mean its always better..

I don't know about TMS.. But im willing to bet a $400 shoei isn't going to protect any better then a hjc..

Last edited by Towlieee; 02-27-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:25 PM

Kartel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Towlieee
... im willing to bet a $400 shoei isn't going to protect any better then a hjc..
I'd stick with my SHOEI. However I do believe You are right but it may also depend on the model of HJC and please remember it's not only about protection but also about comfort (noise, ventilation and so on...) as well as looks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TMS helmets ???