Moose Easy pull system + msr clutch

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 01:02 AM

trickshow is a decent person
Moose Easy pull system + msr clutch

i got a msr clutch....could i hook up the moose easy pull system with my msr clutch? to make the pull wicked easy:YEAH:YEAH:YEAH
Old 01-19-2008, 01:26 AM
DC Kustoms

drgnazz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Moose Easy pull system + msr clutch

just use the msr, its easy enough if you adjust it right. you like the sprocket?
Old 01-19-2008, 05:06 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

i'll tell you my secret, but ssssh....you need to jerk off at least 5 times a day, with your left hand of course, and after a month of practice you'll be in shape to use stock clutch lever...and if you persist and practice for few months you'll even be able to use shortened stock lever
Old 01-19-2008, 06:10 AM

marcus_136 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bruno_z
i'll tell you my secret, but ssssh....you need to jerk off at least 5 times a day, with your left hand of course, and after a month of practice you'll be in shape to use stock clutch lever...and if you persist and practice for few months you'll even be able to use shortened stock lever
+1

That actually worked very well for me. Now I dont even run any lever at all, just the perch and the clutch cable around my finger.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:15 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by marcus_136
+1

That actually worked very well for me. Now I dont even run any lever at all, just the perch and the clutch cable around my finger.
bwhahaha Thats some Chuck Norris **** right there:YEAH
Old 01-19-2008, 11:59 AM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by trickshow
i got a msr clutch....could i hook up the moose easy pull system with my msr clutch? to make the pull wicked easy:YEAH:YEAH:YEAH

no it wont work....your gaining mechanical leverage but your losing travel....your clutch will drag when pulled in all the way, the cable wont pull enough to disengage your clutch
Old 01-19-2008, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by drgnazz
just use the msr, its easy enough if you adjust it right. you like the sprocket?
i put it on but havnt actually road my bike yet cuz i been to busy with school work and my tank isnt on right now cuz im painting my whole bike black
Old 01-19-2008, 02:17 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

The EZ-pull systems break. The little cable that comes w/ the system always frays. My friend and I installed EZ-pulls w/ in a month of each other, and they both broke on the same day.......crazy. I would highly recomend NOT using the EZ-pull system. I've also heard of many people on this forum having the same breakage issue. Extend the clutch actuator arm, that's the best method.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:19 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Just cut your clutch arm, weld it longer, be done with it

on f4i's you can only go 1/2" longer (DONT GO LONGER OR YOU"LL KICK YOURSELF!)

on bikes like 636 and my 150f, you can go 3/4" or maybe even longer!
Old 01-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Race To The Grave

AntwanRTTG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
The EZ-pull systems break. The little cable that comes w/ the system always frays. My friend and I installed EZ-pulls w/ in a month of each other, and they both broke on the same day.......crazy. I would highly recomend NOT using the EZ-pull system. I've also heard of many people on this forum having the same breakage issue. Extend the clutch actuator arm, that's the best method.
+1 ... my buddies snapped mid-spreader. Wasn't good.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:02 PM

Nine54f4i is a decent person

Originally Posted by E-Loc540
no it wont work....your gaining mechanical leverage but your losing travel....your clutch will drag when pulled in all the way, the cable wont pull enough to disengage your clutch
With a lot of adjustment you can get it to work ... but its way to much of an overkill. You literally have no pull and almost no room adjustment when your cable stretches.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:54 PM

projectTSI96 is a decent person

so which is easier to pull in the EZ-pull or msr?
Old 01-19-2008, 08:49 PM

Klos is a decent person

Originally Posted by projectTSI96
so which is easier to pull in the EZ-pull or msr?
just buy the msr John
Old 01-19-2008, 09:27 PM

projectTSI96 is a decent person

sounds like a plan
Old 01-19-2008, 10:38 PM

900spidarida is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i had an ez pull system installed and it worked alright.. but it started to fray the first day so i took that sht right off.. i'm gonna try to get a thicker gauge cable to put in there.. i'll let you know how it works.. but all in all don't buy it.. the ez pull lever works fine in my opinion..
Old 01-19-2008, 11:33 PM

My clutch is burnt out pretty good so my clutch was crazy hard to pull in with the stock lever. i installed the msr lever, it made the pull easier but its still pretty hard to pull in. my friends stock lever is easier to pull in than my MSR is and its on the EASY option
Old 01-19-2008, 11:40 PM

my question is there any other way to adjust the cable to make it easier to pull in....if i loosen the cable where its connected to my msr lever my clutch wont engage all the way when the clutch lever is out all the way, cuz its burned down pretty good. and wheres the clutch arm...is it that thing the cable pulls on on top of the crankcase?
Old 01-20-2008, 12:56 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

my question is there any other way to adjust the cable to make it easier to pull in....if i loosen the cable where its connected to my msr lever my clutch wont engage all the way when the clutch lever is out all the way, cuz its burned down pretty good. and wheres the clutch arm...is it that thing the cable pulls on on top of the crankcase?
ya that clutch arm is the thing by the engine

Just pop the clutch cover off, then the arm pulls right out

Cut it in half, weld in 1/2" peice of steel ( NO LONGER OR YOU'LL HAVE TO RE-DO IT!) and put it back together..

My clutch is burnt out pretty good so my clutch was crazy hard to pull in with the stock lever. i installed the msr lever, it made the pull easier but its still pretty hard to pull in. my friends stock lever is easier to pull in than my MSR is and its on the EASY option

Something is wrong with your setup.. Your clutch being burnt up wouldn't cause the pull to be harder, would just make it slip under load..

Your cable is frayed/binding, or you have stiffer aftermarket clutch springs, or your msr isn't really on the ez pull setting... Btw the ez pull setting is the one CLOSEST to the bars..

Last edited by Towlieee; 01-20-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:42 AM

Bones315 is a decent person

Originally Posted by 900spidarida
yeah i had an ez pull system installed and it worked alright.. but it started to fray the first day so i took that sht right off.. i'm gonna try to get a thicker gauge cable to put in there.. i'll let you know how it works.. but all in all don't buy it.. the ez pull lever works fine in my opinion..
what brand was that moose or msr, my boy has a msr hes had for about one season and hasnt had any problems with fraying or anything....so idk
Old 01-20-2008, 11:05 AM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

im sure alot of you alls cables need to be cleaned up and lubed....clean up your perch and lube your cable and pivots....this alone will ease clutch pull and add smoothness. If this still doesnt help you then go to the MSR Raptor (I dont know about the easy pull device).........done

Quick Reply: Moose Easy pull system + msr clutch