New To Fmx Help Please

Old 10-31-2006, 10:05 PM

miker_dh is an unknown quantity at this point
New To Fmx Help Please

Hey guys I wanna get into FMX and dont have a clue where to start. Never done Fmx before but I wanna start.. Whats a good bike to have to do motorcross once in awhile and then some Freestyle for most of the time...
Sorry Iam kinda a noob into the motorcross world.
Also I'am 6,2 220lbs

Thanks And Cheers.
Mike
Old 11-01-2006, 01:21 AM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice
Re: New To Fmx Help Please

get a cr250 and build a jump.... good luck..lol
post pics too when you fall
Old 11-02-2006, 08:36 PM

-FREESTYLE- is a decent person

yeah your best bet is to get a cr250 and if you have never jumped a dirt bike be prepared to go down alot. most fmx jumps you hit in second gear comin in to the ramp all slow and then just hit the beans.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:04 AM

12 !T is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha guys great advice!
Your bigger so a 250 would be a good choice I like hondas so a 250R If you know how to ride already it should'nt be to bad. Just start jumping small jumps and rideing around don't do somthing stupid and get hurt at first.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:06 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm starting fmx too, start SMALL and work way up.. I've ridden off road once (last week) and already getting 2 ft of air of a tiny jump im jumping smooth and confidently but only small jumps, going to step the jump sizes up next week at a better track and work my way up.. I'd strongly suggest you do the same rather than jumping into the deep end as it were with a ramp straight away.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:56 PM

Taylor MAC is an unknown quantity at this point

im getting into it as well man, i stunted for a while 50s, and a f2 and rode dirt bikes for a long time, but never tried fmx cuz i was to much of a ***** and to young, but now that i have money and can drive i really want to get into it

figured i would add a question, hopefully this helps you as well, where do you FMXers ride???

word

Last edited by Taylor MAC; 02-04-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:38 PM

locco350banshee is a decent person

before i got my quad i rode a cr250 there the best there so easy to control and have an exellent powerband glad to see some young blood wanting to get into the sport cheers locco350banshee@hotmail.com
Old 04-07-2007, 02:19 AM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

250 two stroke and good health insurance.....
Old 05-17-2007, 11:39 PM

miker_dh is an unknown quantity at this point

Buddy... Canada Free Health Care.... #1 reason to Love CANADA!!!!!
Old 05-18-2007, 12:20 AM

nnrider is a decent person

get a cr 250... newer.. nothing under 03-4.... start racing... do lots of races get used to hitting the bigger jumps... once you have done this then you can start to remove hands and feet.... start slow.. you will see that the bike moves alot more in the air then you would think... not to mention felling like your in space... remember to drop the *** end give it gass... but dont get throttle happy and drop that thing to far... next if you want the front to drop give it the rear brake... it works no bullshit... make sure you pull the clutch in you dont want to land stalled.... its not to bad but it kinda sucks if your short...

now if you going to land short but just a little bit or even long give it gas as you hit the ground... again not grabbing throttle for a whole shot just enough to help change the flow of your direction...

gear you want to wear is lid of course.. boots i suggest the alpine star tech 8... havnt heard much good about the 9's... and knee braces... trust me hitting those things wears down the body...

things you will want to do to the bike is suspension.. the stock is ok for a while but you are about the same size as me and trust me you want after market... you will want to do pipe, reeds and jets.... shave down your seat for tricks that apply to crossing over your legs... i learned this one the hard way... you dont have to make your cut in the air box right off cuz im sure your going to be doing any grabes any time soon...

now when it comes down to the lip... if you find yourself comming off the lip a little nose heavy you need to give a bit more gas on the lip... if you are comming off the lip with the front tire high then you are giving a little to much gas on the lip... remember if it doesnt feel right dont hit it..
Old 06-20-2007, 01:30 AM

STUNT_KiD(915) is an unknown quantity at this point

im wanting to get into fmx to and since i donthave a dirtbike YET i jus mess around a lil on a quad get used to the "flying" feeling.i can ride a quad pretty good.but i want to get a dirtbike and fmx i had a rm250 before my quad but i was scared to reeally do anything but lil wheelies and endos.now im thinking of getting a crf250 or 450 or a rmz250 what do you think?
Old 06-20-2007, 09:03 AM

nnrider is a decent person

cr 250... stay away from the four stroke.... they are to heavy and just dont have the power you will want...
Old 06-20-2007, 08:41 PM

STUNT_KiD(915) is an unknown quantity at this point

dont you have to be in the power band to do alot???
Old 07-25-2007, 04:42 PM

flafmxer is a decent person

RIDE RIDE RIDE! don't even think about tricks untill you have good bike skills. thats the safest way.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:25 PM

misterfish762 is a decent person

yea, dont just start tricks off the start, ride MX for a while at a track untill you get good skills w/ jumping big airs, gas=nose up brake=nose down. then start tricks, like no footers no handers nothings and start working your way from there.....
Old 11-01-2007, 07:51 PM

You should read my thread on getting into fmx. it will help.:YEAH
Old 11-06-2007, 09:04 PM

FMX East is a decent person

You dont have to race first. If you had raced then that would be good but it dosnt make sence for you to spend years racing if you want to hit ramps. Start the ramps up close and take your time.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:59 PM

MXinAintEZ86 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd say get a bike (CR250 duh.. lol) and not sure if you know how to ride a lil' yet but either way get to a track and do some practice days you'll be around experienced dudes and most of them will gladly give you pointers. Plus usually the jumps are set-up pretty good already and you wont be the only newbie out there!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by MXinAintEZ86
I'd say get a bike (CR250 duh.. lol) and not sure if you know how to ride a lil' yet but either way get to a track and do some practice days you'll be around experienced dudes and most of them will gladly give you pointers. Plus usually the jumps are set-up pretty good already and you wont be the only newbie out there!
Ride time in general is the most important thing. The first thing I want to ask is why does everyone think a cr250 is the best for fmx??? I laugh every time I hear it.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:01 PM

steven-o is a jewel in the roughsteven-o is a jewel in the roughsteven-o is a jewel in the rough

lol me too

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New To Fmx Help Please