StarBoyz Photo Gallery
StarBoyz.com
Akron, Ohio

So What.... The Ama Hates Us... Who Cares!!!

Old 11-14-2002, 03:36 PM

WheelZnorth_Jim is an unknown quantity at this point
So What.... The Ama Hates Us... Who Cares!!!

PLEASE READ THE DECEMBER ISSUE OF THE AMA MAGAZINE " AMERICAN MOTORCYCLIST" IN THE EDITORIAL SECTION, THERE ARE MANY REPLIES TO A NEGATIVE ARTICLE THE AMA WROTE ABOUT SHAWN CRIPPLE FROM RECKLESS OP. THEY PRETTY MUCH SEE US AS THE WICKED STEPCHILD OF MOTORCYCLING. I HAVE POSTED THE ARTICLE AT MY SITE IF YOU'D LIKE TO READ IT.

JUST VISIT WWW.WHEELZNORTH.COM AND LOOK IN THE NEWS SECTION.

SCREW THE AMA....

--TRIXXXTER--

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL POST..... THE REBUTTAL POST I WROTE IN ON MY SITE....

I WANT EVERYONE TO SOUND OFF ON THIS B.S. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

TRIXXXTER750@WHEELZNORTH.COM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the temporary traffic light changes from yellow to red, the minivan ahead of me comes to a stop. I roll up behind on my bike and stop too, as does a line of traffic behind me.

Workers have been replacing some of the pavement on a narrow bridge, but they’ve gone home for the day, leaving one lane blocked. So a pair of stoplights lets traffic through, first in one direction, then the other.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see the driver of the van shield her face with her arms, bracing for an impact.
I glance ahead and notice two other motorcyclists are first in line coming the other way. Both are riding sportbikes and wearing shorts and T-shirts. One has a baseball cap on backward.

Their light turns green, and Ball Cap decides to pull a wheelie, which is instantly matched by his buddy. “WhaaaAAAAA” roar the four-into-none pipes as they gain speed past the construction equipment.

They clear the work area and are almost next to me when Ball Cap, whose bike is now nearly vertical, starts losing it. The bike veers toward the line of traffic I’m in, and all I could see is the underside of it.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see the driver of the van shield her face with her arms, bracing for an impact. As Ball Cap nears the front of the van, he chops the throttle. The front wheel slams down and the bike veers within 2 feet of the van before somehow, through sheer luck, it leans right and misses us both. The second bike continues by on its rear wheel.

I look in my mirror to see the two riders exchanging high-fives. Then I glance forward to see the wide-eyed van driver staring in her rear view mirror as well. But instead of looking at the departing idiots, she’s staring at me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“We are not putting anyone else’s life in danger, we’re just doing our thing,” Mr. X, a real rocket scientist from northern Ohio, told the Akron Beacon Journal newspaper recently. His comment followed a session in which X took a reporter out to show him part of the stunt show he performs on major freeways in downtown Akron.

As the news team followed, X pulled a wheelie while changing lanes on the busy freeway, then dropped the front wheel, let go of the handlebars and spun himself around 180 degrees on the seat. He then laid on his chest with his chin above the tail section of the bike, and stuck his arms and legs straight out.

The photographer snapped a photo of X facing backwards while cars filled with terrified drivers surrounded him. It even made the front page.

While X has been doing his thing and, of course, not putting anyone else’s lives in danger, some of his buddies have been a bit unlucky. Earlier this year, one of his friends was killed when he clipped the back of a truck as he weaved in and out of freeway traffic at 100 mph. The bike catapulted over the median wall and struck a car traveling in the other direction. But the driver wasn’t hurt, so hey, no harm, no foul, right?

Another buddy told the newspaper he’s totaled three bikes in a year. The last crash left the 25-year-old in the hospital with serious injuries as well as permanent short-term memory loss. In what may have been one of his more lucid moments, he said he even considered giving up stunt riding…at least until X took him for another ride.

Hooked all over again, the buddy bought a new bike and christened it with a wheelie in front of a state trooper.

The police told the newspaper they were virtually powerless to do anything about X and his many buddies.

“When a motorcyclist is doing 100 mph, you don’t want to put more lives in jeopardy by pursuing them,” said one cop.

So what’s X’s motivation? That’s simple: money. He hopes—like other “extreme” riders—to sell hats, T-shirts and bumper stickers on his own website, and maybe hit the big time with his own video.

Yeah, that’s the ticket!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here’s the problem: When newspapers like the Akron Beacon-Journal do stories that focus on X and his ilk, they don’t just call these guys insane idiots. They also talk about how fast and dangerous motorcycles are.

The chain of events that follows is as predictable as it is inevitable. The insurance companies won’t miss the chance to raise all our rates. Their mouthpiece, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, will be pulling strings in Congress to roll out a ban on sportbikes, just like the group did in the late ’80s. Anti-motorcycling city councils across the country will try to ban bikes from their streets, just as they have from Massachusetts to Missouri and from Illinois to California.

And the general public? Just like that woman in the van, they’ll be loathing the rest of us—the ordinary motorcyclists who are being sold out by these clowns.

So how will Mr. X and his friends react when you and I become victims of their stupidity?

I’m sure they won’t give a damn.

Old 11-14-2002, 06:14 PM
StarBoy

starboyscott is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, i can tell some **** about the ama.
no better not.
ill say this.
no matter what its all about the money.

give me fact ******,

how about this one,
the kids and mother drive down the windy road. its a perfect day, sunny, bright, so nice, oh.
she smiles, they smile back, oh.
suddenly out of the corner of here eye, "blam" crash, dam, there all dead some drunk **** just left the bar and ran a red light.

give me a brake, get a life.

stay at home.

sorry
Old 11-14-2002, 08:40 PM

BigBalla is an unknown quantity at this point
that has got to be the stupidest thing i've ever read-whoever wrote that is really nieve.

scott-you took the words right out of my mouth-it's all about the $
Old 11-14-2002, 09:15 PM
StarBoy

starboyscott is an unknown quantity at this point
you want more, **** that

you want to get down to it, look what the **** they are endorsing.
road racing "road racing"
christ

way before i ever road a wheelie we us to watch road racing on tv. then what, we took it to the street, every time we went out, ****- at least on person would wipe out, every time.

these *** holes are tring to set the blame on us, when there own ******* sport caused highway havoc way before i was even born.

hypocrits all of them.

take a bike from the shop, it goes nearly 200 mph. what the hell are you going to do with it.
set the cruise control on 25 mph.

put the blame on the big dogs they are the ones making a builit on wheels. look how much money they make off selling satan toy to your kids.

before you ever try a wheelie what do you do.
look mom im "nicky haden" how fast can i take this turn.

what ever.

go watch tv, (sell drugs, kill cops, rape, steal, blow **** up) do whatever the **** you want to do, its not my fault, ozzy osborn told me to do it.
get real, every one wants to blame someone else becouse thats the american way.
my 6 year old kid raped and shot a little girl becouse of the outlawish starboyz.
wake up, you kid did that because you fucked up.

shiz nuts
Old 11-14-2002, 10:01 PM
PsychoBuells Crazy Cracka

JAGMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Why do we have to put disclaimers on our sites??? Because the "American Way" is to blame everyone else for your screw ups?!?! Nobody MAKES me or any other guy ride like a nut!!!

It's

Sad to see the "Motorcycle World" looking down on us like this!

JAGMAN
Old 11-14-2002, 11:31 PM
BiZ

BiZ is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL...I actually have a very good friend who runs the "cant name" Department over in AMA pro Racing. I bet if he was allowed to speak up, he would laugh!. He actually supports Stunting....

You guys just have to remember, its something to write about. Its a perfect way to bash an up and comming sport that will top the AMA history gross in a matter of few years...when its professionally run...

its freaking media....you should be happy they wrote that article...shows that they need something exciting and rebelious to talk about..even if its bashing...I mean if it made it all the way to the AMA...shitt....thats a good thing in my book...good or bad publicity..

eat it up and laugh.....ever sport that is up and coming will get its far share of bashing when it has serious danger involved...thats how the cycle works..LOL

bye bye bye bye
Old 11-15-2002, 09:24 AM

WheelZnorth_Jim is an unknown quantity at this point
NEXT ON JERRY SPRINGER... COMPULSIVE WHEELIE RIDERS

HA!

First of all, I didnt write the article..... Lets clear that up.... Wheelies or die..... Second I am the one who wrote the rebuttal letter telling the AMA what I think of them....

You can Read it here: http://www.wheelznorth.com/news

If you want to readt the original article posted, go to

http://www.amadirectlink.com/magazin.../story1oct.asp

The authors name is Greg Harrison, and i suspect he is some old *** VFR with saddle bag riding ********, who gets pissed anytime he sees a guy doing 5 mph over the speed limit.....

Scott, you have some very good points.... The american way is it exactly.... I read this article, and wanted to go to columbus and drag that ******* out of his cooshy seat at AMA headquartes and show him how to ride..... You know whats next..... Just like Ozzy and Marilyn Manson get blamed for the drug induced suicides of crazy suburban teens, the starboyz are getting blamed for all " these crazed lunatics causing crashes on americas highways ".....

Sounds like a good scapegoat to me..... I am sorry officer.... I didnt mean to do it..... Scott, Kevin, and Joe whispered to me in my dreams and made me ride wheelies.....

Thats next...... So on that not..... The AMA can kiss my ***.......

--Trixxxter--

www.wheelznorth.com

Last edited by WheelZnorth_Jim; 11-15-2002 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:15 AM

BigBalla is an unknown quantity at this point
The authors name is Greg Harrison, and i suspect he is some old *** VFR with saddle bag riding ********
haha-i bet $ on it.LOL

scott that is so true and yet so funny at the same time-ozzy will never live that down:D . if you feel the need to vent any more on the subject-know that i will read every bit of it!

biz you make a good point with the "any publicity is good publicity"-but when you are accussed of MURDER or causing DEATH-it's a different story and you have to defend yourself and your group. Hopefully it will lead to a non-biased journalist from the AMA (or similar) that will write good things about us.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:14 PM

Tick_9se7en3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok so let me get this straight....it's not ok for me to pull a wheelie on the highway...but it's ok to have a pack of 10 or more guys rip around the corner near my house where my kids could be playing on the backroads? Yeeeaaaa....right....face it guys, we are getting recognized and the old breed doesnt like it.