From a previously 10 year paypal customer this is why NOT to use PAYPAL

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 04:21 PM

I-80_Standups is a decent person
From a previously 10 year paypal customer this is why NOT to use PAYPAL

I list my car for sale for something like 11k$

I provide VERY clear pictures and details of entire car more than 24 pictures and offer to send more detailed pictures of any part of car to anyone interested.

I agreed to sell my car for 10,250$,
Buyer pays through paypal and I have him send me a picture of his ID to be on the safe side...
Shipper picks up the car...

The buyer gets the car and decides he wants every little blemish fixed, and for me to pay for it so he files a CHARGEBACK with his credit card company, So paypal takes the money out of my account and gives it back to his credit card company who then gives it back to the buyer so buyer ends up paying a fraction of vehicles value and then more than likely doesnt get these small things fixed.

Somehow Im sitting here having entered a legal contract to sell my car for 10,250$ and I only get a fraction of that, and the buyer gets to keep my car?! HOW IS THIS LEGAL?

I would never have sold my car for less than 10k$ and now some guy is happily driving around my car he paid A fraction of its value for (or who knows if re-selling it for profit) If I lived in a world where It was right to buy a used car online and then make the seller pay to fix any small issues I would ONLY buy my cars online through paypal.

Please also keep in mind the paypal explicitly states that they do not provide BUYER protection for vehicles but they do provide SELLER protection....THIS IS A LIE.

PLEASE GOOGLE PAYPAL CHARGEBACK AND READ THE DOZENS AND DOZENS OF CASES WHERE HONEST PEOPLE ARE ROBBED BY CROOKS AND SCAMMERS AND PAYPAL DOES NOTHING FOR THEM.