20'' or 22'' Wheels........

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 03:35 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about
20'' or 22'' Wheels........

Okay so i got a 1970 SWB GMC awhile back and been working alot on in the inside is almost done Just have some painting to do and some wires to clean up... So about to start on the outside... And want to start with wheels cause thats what it is needing the most... I have been looking and cant make up my mind so figured i would see what you guys think...

Here is my truck

Kinda dirty cause the rain would not stop for like 2 weeks

Name:  DSC06714.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  87.3 KB

The truck will be being droped to fit what ever wheels i get... I just cant make my ******* mind up
Old 11-10-2009, 04:31 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough
Re: 20'' or 22'' Wheels........

man thats coming along great travis! i would say just go with 20s cuz its an older truck and thats pretty big for a 70s model but it is 2009 and even grandmas have 20s on their tahos now . of course tires for the 22s are gonna cost you a little more than they would on 20s. have you seen any pics so you can compare and contrast? either way that truck is gonna look SICK when its done. i had 20s on my last truck so i had to step it up to 22s this time. on that note........

i sold my car yesterday morning and went and bough an 09 chevy. threw some 22s on it and ordered a 4" 7" drop. this thing is monster truckin right now . im gonna have to remove the rear overload just to get an extra inch and make it 8" down in the back. ill go snap a pic with my phone real quick.

Last edited by IV; 11-10-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:40 PM
T/C
Squid...

Haha bad ***... But yeah... I like the 20's but as you said everybody and there grandma's have them now... 22's are still kinda... A rare site "Kinda" Lol.. The tires are not that horible i have a hook up on them and can get some pretty good ones for around $200.. And yeah i have looked at 10308798730198734 pictures lol i was set on 20's then started looking at some 22's and on some i like them and on other it looks horible.. I wish you could shop for wheels like shoes and try them on before you buy Lol... I am going to end up going with what ever i can get the best deal on more then likely... Just dont want to end up not being happy with what i get.. I know im going with a 5 spoke.. Pretty open minded to what kind but i really like the looks of like the c6 wheels and the newer factory chevy 20'' wheels..

Why did you sell your car??? Lol And did you get a bike yet?
Old 11-10-2009, 04:47 PM
IV
"bitchen"

Originally Posted by T/C
Haha bad ***... But yeah... I like the 20's but as you said everybody and there grandma's have them now... 22's are still kinda... A rare site "Kinda" Lol.. The tires are not that horible i have a hook up on them and can get some pretty good ones for around $200.. And yeah i have looked at 10308798730198734 pictures lol i was set on 20's then started looking at some 22's and on some i like them and on other it looks horible.. I wish you could shop for wheels like shoes and try them on before you buy Lol... I am going to end up going with what ever i can get the best deal on more then likely... Just dont want to end up not being happy with what i get.. I know im going with a 5 spoke.. Pretty open minded to what kind but i really like the looks of like the c6 wheels and the newer factory chevy 20'' wheels..

Why did you sell your car??? Lol And did you get a bike yet?
too bad you cant just shop for them like shoes. there is a website that allows you to put your vehicle make in, then select a wheel so you can see it on the car but it doesnt lower the vehicle so you cant really get a good idea of what it will look like. if you know somebody with some photoshop skillz you could prob get a good idea.

i sold my car because it was boring and cars will never have **** on bikes . i have only been without my bike for about 4 months and it feels like its been forever. phase one of "operation get another ****** bike" is complete with the new truck. as soon as i find the right bike im all over it. im holding out for a good deal on a setup 05/06. im sure everybody at the lot wishes i would hurry up cuz they are prob sick of me asking to ride their bikes
Old 11-10-2009, 04:53 PM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by IV
too bad you cant just shop for them like shoes. there is a website that allows you to put your vehicle make in, then select a wheel so you can see it on the car but it doesnt lower the vehicle so you cant really get a good idea of what it will look like. if you know somebody with some photoshop skillz you could prob get a good idea.

i sold my car because it was boring and cars will never have **** on bikes . i have only been without my bike for about 4 months and it feels like its been forever. phase one of "operation get another ****** bike" is complete with the new truck. as soon as i find the right bike im all over it. im holding out for a good deal on a setup 05/06. im sure everybody at the lot wishes i would hurry up cuz they are prob sick of me asking to ride their bikes
I love the truck by far my fav. body chevy has made recently.. And yeah i have tried all the sites i could find like that none have my truck or anything close to it I could do the photo shop thing but i feel so bad cause thats a **** load of work lol And i felt the same way with out a dirtbike Lol could not stand it.. And i love that yz450 (Other then the shity *** front end that likes to try to make me eat ****) Yall still at the same plase in fort worth? or you at a diff lot now?
Old 11-10-2009, 05:09 PM
IV
"bitchen"

Originally Posted by T/C
I love the truck by far my fav. body chevy has made recently.. And yeah i have tried all the sites i could find like that none have my truck or anything close to it I could do the photo shop thing but i feel so bad cause thats a **** load of work lol And i felt the same way with out a dirtbike Lol could not stand it.. And i love that yz450 (Other then the shity *** front end that likes to try to make me eat ****) Yall still at the same plase in fort worth? or you at a diff lot now?
i would say your body style(especially with the SWB) and my body style are the best ones GM has ever had. i liked my '06 too but it wasnt as clean as what we have now. that is some none of those sites have your truck as a template. chip foose should come up with a website like that for classics or some ****. you should put rhino liner spray on bedliner in there. the place by my work gives $50 discounts if you get it done on tuesday . yep, we're still at the same place. i meant to call you on saturday but i was only out there for like an hour. ill hit ya up this weekend fasho. im jealous as **** of that 450 you have thats what ill be getting after the stunter.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:18 PM
HOOD CHAIN GANG

SUPERDAVE will become famous soon enough

UMM.......24"
Old 11-10-2009, 05:29 PM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by SUPERDAVE
UMM.......24"
If only i had the money for bags and 24''s lol I did the whole inside for under $500

The outside all i am going to have to buy are wheels and have someone tent the windows im going to do the rest... (Welding up trim holes, some trim is missing around the grill, roll pan and bed)

Then its time for the motor... Lol.. May be awhile before its done how i want it but aiming at around 400 HP to the back wheels..

Last edited by T/C; 11-10-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:53 PM
IV
"bitchen"

Originally Posted by SUPERDAVE
UMM.......24"
touche

Originally Posted by T/C
If only i had the money for bags and 24''s
if it wasnt a daily driver id bag mine fa sho. i dont have time to deal with lines blowing off and ****.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:00 PM
T/C
Squid...

Here is a set of 22'' i am looking at ... not sure how well they would fit in the fender well though cause it has to have adapters and they are 2'' adapters...

Name:  63.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  50.1 KB

Name:  3n33m03lf5Qc5T45Re9b90c1d6ca4e4cb1a.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  5.6 KB

Can get them cheaappp
Old 11-11-2009, 12:39 AM
IV
"bitchen"

theres got to be some classic truck forum where you can find real answers. im sure spacing is an issue. i figured you would go with something more muscle car like with that truck. thats just how i always pictures that style i guess.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:51 AM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by IV
theres got to be some classic truck forum where you can find real answers. im sure spacing is an issue. i figured you would go with something more muscle car like with that truck. thats just how i always pictures that style i guess.
Yeah i will post up on the truck forum to see about the spacing and ****... I dont really understand any of that just because i have never done any of this with big wheels before.. And yeah i looked at some mags, ect.. And i just really like this look on the trucks here is an idea of what i am going for... But of course black

Name:  1971.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  64.0 KB
Old 11-11-2009, 01:41 PM

DH-GSXR600 is a decent person

24 anit that much nowdays and they would be pimpin on the 70
Old 11-11-2009, 02:11 PM
IV
"bitchen"

Originally Posted by T/C

yeah youre right, that looks damn good. are those 20s or 22s? im thinkin 22s.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:11 PM
T/C
Squid...

Give me the cash to buy some and i would be more then happy to put some on my truck...
Old 11-11-2009, 02:13 PM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by IV
yeah youre right, that looks damn good.
I know, Right?... Well i finally got the dude to give me more specs on the wheels and i would never be able to get them in my fender... they would stick out like 2 '' ... Sucks cause it was 600 for that set of 22''s. Time to try to find another deal I may end up with 20'' but i really hope i can find some 22''s

And they are 22''s in the back and 20''s up front i am going to run the same all the way around for sure though.. I like the way the 20''s sit on that truck though
Old 11-12-2009, 02:16 PM
T/C
Squid...

Do yall like this set?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/1462302697.html

And i can get the center caps cheap so its not a big deal...
Only thing that sucks is i dont want a low profile tire so will have to go get some new tires.... but he said he would take $450

Last edited by T/C; 11-12-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:24 PM
IV
"bitchen"

Originally Posted by T/C
i like em. bet they look even better with center caps. thats a good price too. deff gotta get rid of those rubber bands though, otherwise youll destroy them bitches in no time out there on the country roads.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:31 PM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by IV
i like em. bet they look even better with center caps. thats a good price too. deff gotta get rid of those rubber bands though, otherwise youll destroy them bitches in no time out there on the country roads.
Yeah the low profile are going for sure i hate them... And talked to them just got a number got me some new wheellzz
Old 11-12-2009, 05:18 PM
IV
"bitchen"

Originally Posted by T/C
got me some new wheellzz