Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: how long after buying your bike did you start to wheelie?
1 month or less
55.00%
1-3"months"
20.33%
4-6"months"
8.33%
7-9"months"
3.67%
10-1year
3.00%
1yr-1yr & 3months
6.33%
1&4 to 1&6
0.33%
1&7 to 1&9
0%
1&10-2yrs
1.00%
took longer than 2yrs
2.00%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

how long after you got your bike befor you started to do wheelies?

Old 08-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Who needs roads!?

GPcrew is an unknown quantity at this point
how long after you got your bike befor you started to do wheelies?

how long where u rideng befor you started to wheelie? cause i been riding like 3 months and im ancious as hell to get em up higher than what i am now im popen em up after a half hour or so of practice i can get em up bout 2 1/2 , thats bout high as ive whent . im not scared to wreck but i cant afford it. should i go to wheelie school for like 500 bucks to learn to ride em out the money safe way?
Old 08-23-2004, 11:16 PM

Houston terrell is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: how long after you got your bike befor you started to do wheelies?

bout 2 mins after i got the 7....... first bike about a week... if your not comfortable then take it easy... after i got used to doing sit down wheelies it was a bit awakward to get in the stand up position but i just said ima do it or bust *** and thats what it took... didnt bust *** and just practiced...
Old 08-23-2004, 11:25 PM
Who needs roads!?

hey but im anctious as hell man , u think instead of feen up a bik i owe 6k on i should learn the right way to roide em out with wheelie school?
Old 08-24-2004, 12:03 AM
I Love To Post!

aNskY can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by GPcrew
hey but im anctious as hell man , u think instead of feen up a bik i owe 6k on i should learn the right way to roide em out with wheelie school?

if youre worried about your bike, dont stunt at all, because trust me... you WILL crash
Old 08-24-2004, 12:25 AM

gsxr420 is an unknown quantity at this point

before i got out of first gear on the test ride.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:10 AM

el nino is an unknown quantity at this point

i waited liek a week,

get a cage, you will dump it, practice SLOW wheelies, crashing will hurt teh bike less and alos slow wheelies are "cooler", learn gradually and your bike can last you, i mean ****, alex flores still has his first cbr900, just get some cage gear for the bike, and do go out first day trying to be like darius, slowly but surely man...... :YEAH
Old 08-24-2004, 03:29 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

Good luck getting that big, fat, lazy as hell 600R up in the air. Clutch and bounce it. I hate those damn things....

No offense, I learned on one, but after having my Gixxer, I rode one again...phucking electric motor I tell ya.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:48 AM
og1

og1 can only hope to improve

ASAP when i picked up the 04 gixxer 1000. as soon as i left the dealer ship i banged a fat stand up .i had to feel her.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:11 AM

FREESTYLEKYLE is a decent person

'bout 3 weeks, and the only reason i waited that long was i was breaking in my motor. i've been riding my whole life though, if you already know how to wheelie (a dirt bike, quad, or fiddy) then bust it. but if your new to bikes, get to know your bike first. take your time. baby steps. start off with first gear sit downs and go from there. get used to your bikes power and balance before you try rockin 2nd gear spreaders...............be safe........you want to ride tomorrow don't you.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:06 AM

PiNkY is an unknown quantity at this point

i owe lik 4-5 g's left and its a '02 gsxr 6. **** it , you bought just rock the **** out of it now. I've gone through a **** load of plastics. buy a spair set of everything and a cage good luck. :YEAH
Old 08-24-2004, 05:28 PM

Kube is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PiNkY
i owe lik 4-5 g's left and its a '02 gsxr 6. **** it , you bought just rock the **** out of it now.
Same Boat. '02 Gixxer 6 with about 4 grand left. I don't have a car so i cant afford to wreck this thing, but i said *** it, i know what i could be doing on it so i decided to go for it. just take it slow like everyone says, dont try to be a total badass right out of the gate like this stupid *** kid i saw the other night...looped on his brand new ducati. what a shame, that piece of crap probably owes twice what i own on mine, plus hospital bills now.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:43 PM

xxxmen007 is an unknown quantity at this point

my first bike was an fzr 600 and i never really tried to wheelie it i was riding a corner one day and dropped it. i picked it back up and fixed it, rode it for another year or so. then i bought the 929 and i started messing with first gear power wheelies , then i went to first gear cluth wheelies, now i can do second gear cluth , but i still can't do a standup worth a damn. but then again i haven't practiced. just like some other people said go slow, learn to be smooth, i can do long *** second gear sitdown, i'm not at balance point, but if feels damn near, and learn to use the back brake.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:51 PM

ToesToTheSun is an unknown quantity at this point

When I got my bike I was a first time rider so it took me a while before I got comfortable to do crap. I'm still not good at wheelies but I try what the hell actually I just looped my bike like a month ago. Sucks..
by the way inthewind is now known as toestothesun

Later
Old 08-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Who needs roads!?

man i am fed up with this hunk of sheot i got!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im gonna work my *** off and get a 900 because i can bearly get first gear sit downs on my peice man, i creep at like3 k and hit like 10 grand befor itll stand up past couple inches off da ground. im no good at clutches cause im gooin so slow i have really hard time ballenceing. it will have even harder time standin up with my 300 pound 6'2 foot *** on it too. so in my opinion is that i should get 900 and learn some powers then slow it down and hit up some clutches once i get used to holdin the wheele off the ground longer than 2 seconds, with the help of the powers , witch buy the way i cant do on my bike"puss bike+big rider=no powers"lol. so anyone agree? if you do whats a good cheap *** 900 stuntbike? cbr900rr,929,zx9r, any suggestions for my fat ***?
Old 08-24-2004, 11:09 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

man i am fed up with this hunk of sheot i got!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im gonna work my *** off and get a 900 because i can bearly get first gear sit downs on my peice man, i creep at like3 k and hit like 10 grand befor itll stand up past couple inches off da ground. im no good at clutches cause im gooin so slow i have really hard time ballenceing. it will have even harder time standin up with my 300 pound 6'2 foot *** on it too. so in my opinion is that i should get 900 and learn some powers then slow it down and hit up some clutches once i get used to holdin the wheele off the ground longer than 2 seconds, with the help of the powers , witch buy the way i cant do on my bike"puss bike+big rider=no powers"lol. so anyone agree? if you do whats a good cheap *** 900 stuntbike? cbr900rr,929,zx9r, any suggestions for my fat ***?
This is kinda beginner post and a lot of dis'ing is going on. You can rock that clam that you have. Believe me. The first bike I wheelie was a Honda CX 650 Custom and I could rock 3 gear sit downs on the thing. Then I got a FZ600 (new in 87).... man I'm old. But I could do 1/2 mile wheelies on that thing. It's all about getting it up, once you're there. You can get the balance down. I would suggest buying something that you don't owe cash on or get good insurance. Taking the school would be helpful, but that is $500 you could put towards insurance for your bike and you would be used to you machine even more. This year i was stunting an R1 and had all sorts of problems with balance. I jumped on the 9dubR and now I m rocking one handed circles and 12's are much smoother. If you are going to get a liter sized bike, go for a Honda and the 900's even though they aren't fuel injected are still very forgiving and had to kill. That's my hope it helps.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Who needs roads!?

so what u think i should do? get a 9 and have it come up alot easyer for me or another 6 , ether one it will be old because i wanna beat the sheot out of it. plus im a broke a$$ kid with hardly enough money to cover my a$$ right now so im gonna get enough payed on my bike so i can sell it and break even 0$ then just get loan for ghetto stunter chrunchy peace that will have peeps laugh at me instead of saying "wow thats a nice bike" i hate that $hit, dont wanna have peeps saying wow nice bike "for what?" i rather have somone say "holy sheot that was an ill a$$ wheelie cuz" . i think im gonna go with a 900rr because its the oldest honda im willing to crawl back in time for, i dont want somthing for 80's. mid 90's, im tight with that. the 900rr seems to be best bang for your buck + everyone has stunt parts for em!!! i looked for like a day in a half online for a cage someone made for my bike and nobody has em, unless you had it made for u.....are the 9rr easy to control ? i mean doing wheelie's. i wanna start out with powers cause i have feeling ill be able to learn those faster than clutches. when you do powers what do you control with the break or the trottle? cause i seen some breaklights come on befor on videos, , sorry if that seems like a stupid question. once i get a crunchy peace i think im gonna learn a hel of lot faster cause i wont be afraid to drop it, see right now when i do wheelies "if i can get em up" all i think about is still owing 6 grand. when i get that out of my life i think it will be better. when i get the 9 all i will be thinking about is geting it up becuase i wont be worryed about money, im hopeing to get one for under 3000 . is that a realistic price to hope for? how mutch should a early 90 - mid 90's 900rr cost me ? HELP PLEASE!!! i love this site so manny cool people to get helpfull advise from.

FTP :YEAH
Old 08-25-2004, 03:37 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

I would go for the 900RR, but check the post on best stunt bike. You can get some advice there too. I took a look at the poll and it was neck and neck between the 900 and 929. I post my thoughts there.
Oh yeah, I got the 900 dubR in my avatar for 3K clean title.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:46 PM
Who needs roads!?

thats sick price dude i think iam gonna go with the cheeper one and the 9rr isolder right? i guess thatll be cheaper eh? guess its 9rr 4 me!
Old 08-25-2004, 08:15 PM

Jeff405 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the same bike but 98'. I've been back on it for about a month now after being repaired. So I've got about a month and a half ride time, and I sure as hell wanna wheelie all day but haven't even tried it yet, I'm still getting comfortable with the bike and the way it handles and all. People always ask me if I'm doing wheelies yet and I just tell them, not yet, just give me some time. Besides I'm in no hurry to wreck and all the other good stuff, like replacing plastic on the bike and skin on my body.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:17 PM
Who needs roads!?

dude if u wanna get serious and learn some stunts then i sugesst you do what im doin and sell it and get a 900 from anycompany and you can stunt it like a ****. but man if your big at all id say over 200 then sell it, i know peeps that stunt it but there all under 200 and im 300, for me its a beotch trying to get it up on it un less im goijng like 2 mph and like"almost redline it " so if u big fella id say u betta sella.... even tho ii havent got one"yet" i recomend the 900rr , all i hear is good sheot from peeps that got one..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how long after you got your bike befor you started to do wheelies?