Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: Ever got a wheelie wobble?
On my full fairing bike
73.47%
On my streetfighter
30.61%
On half fairing bike
18.37%
Never happens
12.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Wheelie wobble experiment

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 09:45 PM

twinisin is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheelie wobble experiment

I think it may be airodynamics. So post up guys.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:24 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wheelie wobble experiment

dont think so, ive gotten wobble on full fairing, comp naked with only an acerbis headlight, and with sides on and no upper, its not arrow dynamics its throttle control...thorttle jockies get wheelie wobble all the time, the rest of us get itonce and a while, and most prolly dont even notice it now cus u jsut ride through it, i kno it doesnt even phase me anymore if i get it
Old 03-09-2006, 10:42 PM

cntrld*insanity is an unknown quantity at this point

"Wheelie wobble" comes from not adjusting properly to the movements of the bike....(or mopeds just to keep it non-biased )
If you just stay as dead weight on the bike the bike will controll you, instead of you controlling the bike.
The lower the weight on the bike (closer to the rear) the worse the wobble, because you have more leverage on your bike.
All you have to do is correct the wobble before it gets out of shape, and that gets easier the more you practice....There ya go.... just my
Old 03-10-2006, 12:01 AM

sitdownsteve is an unknown quantity at this point

no wobble is from throttle control, if you are not smooth it will get nasty because of the way the motor tourqes, ever look at a motor in a car when some one revs it up yeah it moves, same with a bike so if in wheelie at bp if you are not smooth it will wobble make sense
Old 03-10-2006, 12:01 AM

TL MILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

mine was only during sitdowns. movin side to side to get a better view
Old 03-10-2006, 12:02 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

You left out the "none of the above" option. It's from CHOPPY THROTTLE, not wind, gear, fairing, bike, tire, etc....
Old 03-10-2006, 01:04 AM

RCAllDay is an unknown quantity at this point

The only time i get any wheelie wobble (slow) is when i wheelie with a babe on my back(and no they arn't fat chicks). usually during slow sit downs when the tire pressure is pretty high. I'm pretty sure its where the weight is placed. On slow stand-ups i can control it or ride out of it, yeah it ocurs when when u get to sloppy.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:24 AM

RCAllDay is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah!
Old 03-10-2006, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Kyle_PBZ
You left out the "none of the above" option. It's from CHOPPY THROTTLE, not wind, gear, fairing, bike, tire, etc....
Thought so too, but check this. Yesterday, I did a fiew wheelies, 80-100mph. Sit down sometimes, but hardly ever standing. One of the last ones I did was smooth as silk, nuts against the gastank, front up high, throttle still, and it started after about 30 sec at about 90. I stayed smooth to ride it out and shiat became so bad that when I brought it down, I wanted to pull over, catch my breath and say a prayer for makin' it back. It was pretty windy, thinkin, maybe the wind efected the bottom fairing, making the bike dance like Britney Spears in fast forward.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:33 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Kyle_PBZ
Im with Kyle. Thats primarily doing staggered standups, because your weight shifts left-right a little as the wheelie moves up and down. Im sure you've noticed that seat standers dont wobble no matter how choppy you are. unless you want them to.

A strong cross wind can make you make the bike wobble because you have to shift your weight off center to compensate.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:12 AM

Lotus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cntrld*insanity
"Wheelie wobble" comes from not adjusting properly to the movements of the bike....(or mopeds just to keep it non-biased )
If you just stay as dead weight on the bike the bike will controll you, instead of you controlling the bike.
The lower the weight on the bike (closer to the rear) the worse the wobble, because you have more leverage on your bike.
All you have to do is correct the wobble before it gets out of shape, and that gets easier the more you practice....There ya go.... just my

I was told the same thing! I asked why when going really slow my wheelies would start wobbling, I was told I have to move around on the bike to adjust. So ever since then I started moving a little to compensate, and of course work on throttle control and I havent had any real problems with it since.:YEAH
Old 03-10-2006, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM
Im with Kyle. Thats primarily doing staggered standups, because your weight shifts left-right a little as the wheelie moves up and down. Im sure you've noticed that seat standers dont wobble no matter how choppy you are. unless you want them to.

A strong cross wind can make you make the bike wobble because you have to shift your weight off center to compensate.
That actually makes sence. That would explain why it happens more to a full faired bike as opposed to nakid. I want to eliminate the choppy throttle/rough brake since I never used a rear brake in my life. Eveyone's got their own style. I hope this pole lasts a while to get some more comparisons on bikes.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:00 AM

929_uR is a decent person

nobody mentioned road surface.

i live on a highly traffic road and when i do long wheelies down it, there is certain parts that are grooved (almost like ruts) that you can go in and out of so it def. makes you wobble.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:41 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

usually poor throttle control

i have had problems with 1 shinko drag tire i had on my bike it was garbage
Old 03-15-2006, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by 929_uR

i live on a highly traffic road and when i do long wheelies down it, there is certain parts that are grooved (almost like ruts) that you can go in and out of so it def. makes you wobble.
good point. Though I am trying to determine if wind/air resitance and airodynamics can play a part in the mysterious wobbles, not the obvious ones. I ride everyday, rain or shine, and sometimes strange unexplainable shiat happens, like a out-of-nowhere wobble on a windy day.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:06 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

hose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 929_uR

thats very true. some spots can be rough the bike will follow in the ruts and make for wobble or throw u off balance or make u go to the wrong side of the road or making u have to put it down
Old 03-16-2006, 12:02 AM

blacklincoln is an unknown quantity at this point

my staggard stance weave a little bit but i woulnt call them a wobble..
Old 03-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Registered Stunter

Metzger is an unknown quantity at this point

i've had one bad wobble and it was a second gear sitdown with a choppy throttle at high rpms, on a streetfighter 636 with a partial lower fairing. in fact, here's video footage of it. such a squid mistake...

http://www.stuntfreaks.com/vids/SPSSTUNTS.wmv
Old 03-19-2006, 12:21 AM

blacklincoln is an unknown quantity at this point

nice vid man you guys are good..
Old 03-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Registered Stunter

Metzger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blacklincoln
nice vid man you guys are good..
ha, thanks.