Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: How did you learn brake control
Got no brake control
13.52%
fiddy/dirtbike to learn, then did it on the streetbike
27.87%
atv to learn, then did it on the streetbike
9.43%
That shits easy, been scraping since i was 5...
4.92%
Learned on the streetbike
44.26%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Poll- How did you learn slow wheelies?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 03:53 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve
Poll- How did you learn slow wheelies?

Lets see how people learned to rock the slow stuff...
Old 09-26-2005, 03:55 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Re: Poll- How did you learn slow wheelies?

translation

PIMP THE 50
Old 09-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Registered Stunter

Metzger is an unknown quantity at this point

Learned on the street bike, just draggin the brake until they got slow enough to catch idle.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:49 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

dont learn by slwoing down first gear stanups. by apply constant brake prssure, it makes it hard to learn idle..on idle u tap the brake barely touching it, when slowing down uk ride the brake HARD and hold a constant throttle...turn ur idle up and spend 3-4 hrs in a prking lot clutching it up, and tapping the brake...onc u can do NTH and stuff, then go out and work on slowin shyt down..cus u can slow shyt down by tapping, but u cant do idel by riding the brake...u be the judge wat way soudns better..drop ur tire prssure to 8-10lbs, staggered stance, hug tank with kness, legs basically staight
Old 09-26-2005, 04:49 PM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough

learned on a street bike ,just practiced sitdowns from a stop w/ the idle at around 3,just slipped the clutch so the quick up would catch the idle at b/p ,then slight brakin
it still works..
Old 09-26-2005, 05:00 PM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
dont learn by slwoing down first gear stanups. by apply constant brake prssure, it makes it hard to learn idle..on idle u tap the brake barely touching it, when slowing down uk ride the brake HARD and hold a constant throttle...turn ur idle up and spend 3-4 hrs in a prking lot clutching it up, and tapping the brake...onc u can do NTH and stuff, then go out and work on slowin shyt down..cus u can slow shyt down by tapping, but u cant do idel by riding the brake...u be the judge wat way soudns better..drop ur tire prssure to 8-10lbs, staggered stance, hug tank with kness, legs basically staight

I learned on streetbike. Listen to this dude. Basicly what I would have told ya. Wear your helmet ,jacket and be ready to crash.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:06 PM

DavidR3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PUNKON1WHEEL
I learned on streetbike. Listen to this dude. Basicly what I would have told ya. Wear your helmet ,jacket and be ready to crash.
i agree... that is probally the best way to learn
or
you can always go about 5 to 10mph - pull in the clutch- then when your bike starts to redline- dump the clutch - IF u chose to use this method please have a friend with a video camra watching at all times
Old 09-26-2005, 06:22 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

50 pimp here..... teaches you alot if you didnt grow up riding dirtbikes but also gave me a couple bad habbits that took a while to get over
Old 09-26-2005, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by f4stunna
50 pimp here..... teaches you alot if you didnt grow up riding dirtbikes but also gave me a couple bad habbits that took a while to get over
Like what?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

I rode 50 some but not much i think it mostly learned on streetbike the little tiime on the fiddy probly helped some
Old 09-26-2005, 07:36 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

Originally Posted by aw0n0
Like what?
like Z said, i could go just as slow with no idle holding the gas constant and holding the brake constant but theres no where to go from there and it took a while to be able to catch idle. also i tend to through my left leg out doin sit downs just becuase its a reflex from the 50 but it doesnt to anyhting on the big bike.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:07 PM

Yea i just started with a 50 and ive been using the leg kick technique to balance from side to side, the bike loves to wobble. I tried learning the rear brake this summer on my big bike, but never got the reflex down, i think the 50 is helping me to just start doing it instead of thinking. Ill see when i get my big bike running again...
Old 09-27-2005, 04:55 AM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

Ricky04750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aw0n0
Yea i just started with a 50 and ive been using the leg kick technique to balance from side to side, the bike loves to wobble. I tried learning the rear brake this summer on my big bike, but never got the reflex down, i think the 50 is helping me to just start doing it instead of thinking. Ill see when i get my big bike running again...
Pmed you
Old 09-27-2005, 12:41 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I wasnt getting it, for years. Then i cranked my idle and kept on looping untill i learned it.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM
I wasnt getting it, for years. Then i cranked my idle and kept on looping untill i learned it.
Idle seems like the way to go, once i get my bike running again, ill get to looping
Old 09-28-2005, 03:22 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

I learned on the streetbike, but I voted for "That ****'s easy...", cuz it realy was for me...after I listened to advices of some ppl on here I started to apply them in my practice sessions and I got 12's realy quick(don't mean on lock) - the same day I went past BP, but of course these 12's weren't constant and smooth but rather just coming at 12 and bringing it back, but it was a start...

things that helped me alot:

step 1 - I knew I won't be able to use RB to save my *** b/c I was way too focused on my throttle control...so I stared saying "RB, RB, RB, RB, RB..." in my head while riding, and therefore reminded myself to use it when needed.

step 2 - I started using only my RB (front only when needed) in normal riding, especialy in traffic where there is alot of stop and go. This way I forced this reaction in my subconciousnes (bad spelling for shure, lol) so it was my second nature. During step 2 I was also applying step 1.

step 3 - I started bringing the bike down from a wheelie using RB, and I didn't focus on riding BP, it mattered for me that I stabilize my throttle to constant and holding it like that, riding it and bringing it down with RB.

step 4 - I started popin it up on limited lenght lot (approx. 40 meters) from practically dead stop, which forced me to pull it up quick and slow it down before the end. Of course all of the skills previously gained in steps 1-3 made this almost very easy to learn.

hope this helps someone...be safe guys
Old 09-28-2005, 08:18 AM

P.C.P.SMOKE is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with that if you want to learn slow stuff get in a small area it forces you to learn quicker because you don't have much room. that is what helped me the most also learning rear brake tech. is a must. from almost dead stop bring it up very quick and work the back brake...twelve bars help so you don't loop it out..
Old 09-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

I learned on a Stock '97 GSXR 750... no cages no bar no nadda..

and I learned by wrecking.. a lot...

and overheating the brakes a lot... straight destroying pads if i remember right...

-kane
Old 09-28-2005, 02:30 PM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kaneone
I learned on a Stock '97 GSXR 750... no cages no bar no nadda..

and I learned by wrecking.. a lot...

and overheating the brakes a lot... straight destroying pads if i remember right...

-kane
I learned on a 99 gsxr 600 no bar, cage , or sprockets as well. And I wrecked alot as well.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:50 PM

broncopete27 is an unknown quantity at this point

F ya, i got on tape from when i learned brake pads shankin out like a sparkler and the rotor would be look cherry red hot...prolly kinda a bunk way to learn but i just smoothed out from there...i learned on a stock 929 by the way

Quick Reply: Poll- How did you learn slow wheelies?