Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: How did you learn brake control
Got no brake control
13.52%
fiddy/dirtbike to learn, then did it on the streetbike
27.87%
atv to learn, then did it on the streetbike
9.43%
That shits easy, been scraping since i was 5...
4.92%
Learned on the streetbike
44.26%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Poll- How did you learn slow wheelies?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 08:38 AM

bigwillystyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Poll- How did you learn slow wheelies?

Originally Posted by Valeska
Am I missing here? Why does it seem so many people have to "learn" the rear brake? Did you guys just let yourself get into a bad habit of only using the front brake and then have trouble breaking it or something?
when they say learn the rear brake, they mean learn how to use it to control a wheelie.... not just how to use it while riding on two wheels
Old 12-12-2006, 08:40 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bigwillystyle
when they say learn the rear brake, they mean learn how to use it to control a wheelie.... not just how to use it while riding on two wheels
Except me, I've usually avoided using the rear just out of bad habits.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Valeska is a decent person

durrrrrr...

uh yeah I kinda already know that much, but thanks!
Old 12-14-2006, 02:11 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

wow. i think i got my situation from page 2 remedied.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:37 PM

bigwillystyle is an unknown quantity at this point

durrrrrr...

uh yeah I kinda already know that much, but thanks!
anytime, haha... but knowing how to use it on 1 wheel is a totally different skill set then knowing how to use it on 2 wheels

just cause they had to "learn" how to use it on 1 wheel, doesn't mean they didn't know how to use it on 2
Old 12-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

anytime, haha... but knowing how to use it on 1 wheel is a totally different skill set then knowing how to use it on 2 wheels

just cause they had to "learn" how to use it on 1 wheel, doesn't mean they didn't know how to use it on 2
Yes I know, that makes perfect sense, but I think the people who are truly having a pretty difficult time with it likely tended to not utilize it in their other riding skill sets either. That's pretty much what I guess I was getting at.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Yes I know, that makes perfect sense, but I think the people who are truly having a pretty difficult time with it likely tended to not utilize it in their other riding skill sets either. That's pretty much what I guess I was getting at.
ain't trying to start **** with you again, but everyone has a difficult time with it
Old 12-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Yeah you're probably right. I know I can't say a whole lot from experience on the matter yet, so we'll have to see when my time comes. I'll try to remember to post up here afterwards. Thanks for being cool this time btw. I knew you had it in ya.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

learn on a fiddy or 125 first. you will save yourself alot of time and pain.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:02 AM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aw0n0
I went to a bike show in ft lauderdale(probably 2002), at fuddruckers, saw some dude on an all black furred out 900rr. He left the show and hit a 12 on the street, that **** changed my life, didn't even know it was possible to wheelie like that before then. All ive ever wanted to do since then was have that kind of control over my bike...
I didn't even have a bike at the time, within a week i got a job and saved up for my first bike.
I'm glad someone bumped this old thread because i never seen it and there is alot of information here .

This is the same way i felt around summer of '05 . I never realized that it could be done on a sportbike .
I seen it done on dirtbikes as a kid , but thought the weight of a big bike would never work .

Riding through the 90's on an f2 , all we ever did was power wheelies . It was who ever can ride it the longest , was the best .

Never crashed during a wheelie , but crashed in turns draggin knees . Until the 929 wheelie accident . I was off the bike awhile after that .

Then i seen Road Rash 2 and 3 dvd in '05 , and said that's where i wanna be in life .

Started with the fiddy . And it helped alot of getting the fear of crashing out of your head .

So now it is big bike time , and all i here is the f4i is the best . But to me it seems bigger and heavier than an f2 or f3

I was so comfortable on my old f2 , i want to get another so i am more confident . But everyone says it stalls at 12 because of the carbs .

Then i watch insane J's videos and he is killin an f2 . Is there something you have to do to it so it doesn't stall ? Or should i go with a f4i

I know this is a bike/carb question , but i think it relates to the braking thread because in slow wheelies ,
the last thing you want is for a bike to stall .

Thanks for any input on the f2 question

Last edited by Crazy D; 01-08-2007 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:25 PM

J_Rod is an unknown quantity at this point

I learned how to use rear break on a three wheeler it's so easy cause you don't have to worry about falling over just forward and backward. Abd than aftr that it's cake to take it to a bike
Old 11-10-2008, 12:31 PM

phxRRkid will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by aw0n0
Idle seems like the way to go, once i get my bike running again, ill get to looping
loop it and catch it..... learned that one from wheeliest.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:10 PM
FTP

classic customs is a decent person

i rode dirt bikes for years before i was ever even on a street bike. i know that helped out alot. i learned BP on stock gearing 2001 929 (my first street bike) in just a month or so
Old 11-28-2008, 08:27 PM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough

been doin O's since I was 2 yrs old
Old 11-29-2008, 02:05 AM

bornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the rough

this thread is madd old.. and the kid who started it has been doing O's for a whiiiiile now.. lol maybe like 2yrs or more i believe.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:56 AM
www.tobefast.com

YogiR6 is a decent person

learned on an atv then learned on a sport bike. Nothing ******* transfers over for me for some reason. ******* **** is retarded.

I hate myself for being 1 dimensional!
Old 12-01-2008, 06:32 PM

bobmanR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I learned on my 400ex quad...clutching it from a dead stop and learning brake control was HELLA easy on it....then I learned to slow them down on the highway on my stock 954...I could get to where i could speed them up to around 75 or 80 and slow then way back down to around 35 (stock gearing second gear)....just started to feel natural.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Uz 2 b Carm3twenty2

carm322 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
Wink 1100 video. Never seen a 12 before....I've never been the same since. Probably THE most influential moment of my life (can only hope something I do will have this effect on at least one person before I croak) seeing it on tape. Rewound it 100 times. Never had a teacher or even saw it in person. Took me an ENTIRE summer to learn. My First scrape ever can be seen on Colbert's original Judgement Day. Came down sideways, hammered my heel into the pavement and limped proudly for 2 weeks. If I had to give up everything I know on a bike and only be able to save 1 trick, it would hands down be a standard seated 12. Rocking 30 mph on the street looking into someone's window, seeing the disbelief on their face and then riding off feeling like a hero..... You can keep the rest.
wink1100 did it and i couldn't believe it , then a local dude in CT( Andy Globes) was roomer d to be rockin slow wheelies, so then i tryed it, took me for ever!!! as for u Matt Gorka, don't u worry we all wanted to be u . i do believe u will go down in the books, and be remembered for a long long time!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:08 PM

kiamo is a decent person

There's no other kind of wheelie to be done on a 150cc bike... lol