Gpr stabilizer help

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 03:11 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough
Gpr stabilizer help

so i got a gpr stabilizer for my 03 636....its the older style....when its off the bike it stiffens up to whatever setting i want, but when its on the bike it stays the same......wondering if it needs work done? Ive heard some type of stabilizers are made only to work when the bars are jerked to either side.....advice please??!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:15 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Gpr stabilizer help

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
so i got a gpr stabilizer for my 03 636....its the older style....when its off the bike it stiffens up to whatever setting i want, but when its on the bike it stays the same......wondering if it needs work done? Ive heard some type of stabilizers are made only to work when the bars are jerked to either side.....advice please??!
so your saying the stiffness is adjustable when off the bike but not on the bike?

have you noticed any leaking? wouldnt hurt to send it in for a rebuild its only 25 dollars and you get it back pretty quick.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:26 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
so your saying the stiffness is adjustable when off the bike but not on the bike?

have you noticed any leaking? wouldnt hurt to send it in for a rebuild its only 25 dollars and you get it back pretty quick.
who do I contact to send one off sdf? Just hit up GPR's web site I suppose?

Gotta send a friends of mine out this week
Old 08-13-2009, 03:26 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

Originally Posted by sdfkillz

no its not leaking at all....And its only 25 for a rebuild??
Old 08-13-2009, 03:30 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Towlieee
who do I contact to send one off sdf? Just hit up GPR's web site I suppose?

Gotta send a friends of mine out this week
Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
no its not leaking at all....And its only 25 for a rebuild??
http://gprstabilizer.com/files/GPRServiceForm.pdf
Old 08-13-2009, 03:42 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

thanks man......i plan on selling it on here but i wanted to make sure its 100% fixed before i do....appreciate the help guys!
Old 08-14-2009, 04:33 AM
Never Good Enuff

chipottley is a decent person

mines like that too. lt worrys me, but im pretty sure it's built like that so slow turning stays easy. it only works when needed i think....i hope!
Old 08-14-2009, 11:52 AM
The Reverend Freestyle

Originally Posted by chipottley
mines like that too. lt worrys me, but im pretty sure it's built like that so slow turning stays easy. it only works when needed i think....i hope!
i thought that to....but im going to send it in to b 100% sure...
Old 08-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Never Good Enuff

Okay, so I finally got to the bottom of this. They should at least be serviced (by you or GPR) once a year. they SHOULD NOT feel like ours do! I am going to do a fluid change myself.

The GPR website has all the FAQ's you will ever need. I STRONGLY SUGGEST that anyone with a GPR visit their website, for there is valuable information that we all need but few actually have.

http://gprstabilizer.com/files/GPRAirBleedingInstr.pdf
Old 08-14-2009, 04:23 PM
awww **** motorcycles!

paragus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chipottley
Okay, so I finally got to the bottom of this. They should at least be serviced (by you or GPR) once a year. they SHOULD NOT feel like ours do! I am going to do a fluid change myself.

The GPR website has all the FAQ's you will ever need. I STRONGLY SUGGEST that anyone with a GPR visit their website, for there is valuable information that we all need but few actually have.

http://gprstabilizer.com/files/GPRAirBleedingInstr.pdf
ty for that.. i need to do this to mine.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Never Good Enuff

Towilee, your avitar is the ****! Kenny Powers is the ****! we do Coke together then go waverunner stuntin.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Never Good Enuff

Originally Posted by paragus
ty for that.. i need to do this to mine.

I accept rep points too!
Old 08-14-2009, 06:21 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

mullet
Old 08-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Never Good Enuff

So I changed my fluid today. it needed it too. glad i figured all this out.

If you guys choose to do the fluid change yourself, don't worry, it's really easy, messy, but easy. just make sure you find out which weight fluid your gpr came with. some are different and it will make a huge difference! i went with 20w which is really heavy in mine (1-8). we'll see how it performs though.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:59 AM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

I rebuilt mine myself. It a very simple device. Get a high quality o-ring kit and the recommended oil and that all you need. Disassemble/drain the stabilizer and clean it good. Install the new o-rings then take a milk jug or something similar and cut the top off. Make sure all the air bleed screws are out of the unit then put all the parts into the jug then fill it with oil. Assemble it inside the jug under the oil making sure you dont get air into the unit. You wont even have to bleed it this way. Its messy but it takes less than an hour and you dont have the down time of sending it off, but I wouldnt blame you if you did....
Old 11-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Crashing SUCKS!!!

LAST CALL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by E-Loc540
I rebuilt mine myself. It a very simple device. Get a high quality o-ring kit and the recommended oil and that all you need. Disassemble/drain the stabilizer and clean it good. Install the new o-rings then take a milk jug or something similar and cut the top off. Make sure all the air bleed screws are out of the unit then put all the parts into the jug then fill it with oil. Assemble it inside the jug under the oil making sure you dont get air into the unit. You wont even have to bleed it this way. Its messy but it takes less than an hour and you dont have the down time of sending it off, but I wouldnt blame you if you did....
Does it work as well as before? I got my old school V1 gpr and it needs to be rebuilt but I didn't want to send it off.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:59 AM
The Reverend Freestyle

i didnt end up sendin mine in....just rebuilt it. its not as hard as it looks....just takes a little time to get all the air out
Old 11-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Never Good Enuff

Originally Posted by LAST CALL
Does it work as well as before? I got my old school V1 gpr and it needs to be rebuilt but I didn't want to send it off.

I got the V1 also. It's not hard at all.