CBR F3 or WR450?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 11:38 PM

yuppivore is a decent person
CBR F3 or WR450?

Hi guys,

I'm currently trying to work out if I should set up my CBR600 F3 to stunt or my WR450.

I bought the CBR for about $2000 already converted to naked with dirt bike bars and a single seat mod (eg: he literally cut the subframe in half and built a rickety bracket to hold the seat on). I bought it as a run about when my Husky (now dead) was in the shop for a billionty years, and because its got that nice steel frame. To get a rear bar and cage shipped in to Aus from 4stunt.pl it'll be about $500. Then I just gotta get some bracketry and build a rear hand brake. The bike is totally uninsured.

The WR450 I bought with the intention of racing (but work is making it difficult). I can get the weak rear subframe stiffened up for about $200 and then get some brackets welded on for some 50stunt pegs (already own) and a rear bar/foot rest for maybe 50-100 more. The WR450 is insured for about $8000 if I smash it up.

I can do some nice sit down wheelies just kissing the balance point but want to progress to circle wheelie combos before I upgrade to something better like a F4i and really invest some cash into the sport.

What do you guys reckon? Should I throw a bit more at my CBR beater and learn on that, even though its heavier its also cheaper if I wreck it (more parts around). Or put it on the WR450 because it's lighter?
Old 03-17-2015, 02:03 AM

yuppivore is a decent person
Re: CBR F3 or WR450?

Anybody? They're both carbed bikes as well...