Need help with side to side balancing during slow wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 09:05 PM

sarkev is a decent person
Smile Need help with side to side balancing during slow wheelies

Hey guys new here so forgive me if there is still a lot I don`t know or if I don`t have the exact terms!

Also I have watched a lot of videos and read most of this forums and other how to and so far I am getting quite comfortable getting the bike up to the balance point.

I ride a GSXR600 but I am learning all this stuff on my dirt bike (KX250F) until I feel ready for a street bike.

So basically my main problem, I get the bike to BP in 1st gear from a very slow pace (almost for a stopped start), once I get there the bike starts either going left or right and I have tried moving my body position left and right but I must be doing sometime wrong or just missing something important.

If anyone has extra tips or guidance that they learned while learning slow wheelie I would appreciate the help!

Thanks
Old 09-04-2014, 06:49 PM
JohnnyLU

JohnnyLU is a decent person
Re: Need help with side to side balancing during slow wheelies

I have the exact same problem !!i think just practice and practice !! I have a 03 yamaha r6 ... What I think about side to side balance all starts from how to clutch it up ..!! My issue is that I got really comfortable bouncing the bike up and that is what is making my slow wheelies all like crap !! I don't about you .. What's your method ..what I do is nearly stop the bike bounce it and at the same time giving it gas and clutching it up ... What I need to do is let the bike do the work ...that will giver better balance and more control of mi bike up there .. I hope that helps .. I'm just sharing my thought ..