36.36%
Started with standing
63.64%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Learning to slow down and hold balance point

Old 05-27-2010, 12:44 PM

ntseles is a decent person
Learning to slow down and hold balance point

Just looking for some more advice... I appreciate all the input!

I've been riding for about 2 seasons now, Started wheelies right away but im tired of chasing them down the highway, I want to slow em down and be able to control them alot better, I am curious as to how all of yoiu guys started...

Last edited by ntseles; 05-27-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:07 PM

hondaruss is a decent person
Re: Learning to slow down and hold balance point

start from a dead stop.. ..you got a hand brake? or you using foot brake? if your chasing them down the highway your not high enough.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:54 PM

No handbrake, Just using foot for now. I know im not high enough but I wanted to learn my balance point with slow wheelies, I looped once before and it cost me alot of $$

Dead stop, Staggered I take it?
Old 05-27-2010, 05:57 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i learned sitting ..
the higher you get the bike right away the slower you will be going when you crash
Old 05-27-2010, 06:41 PM

Everyone learns different. I learned staggered at dead stops. What OMR say is very true ..faster you get it up less speed you will have.. Dont try to get greedy and save it and try and keep it up. Just set it down and repeat 1000 times til you get use to how fast it comes up.. Ones you get that down it will be habit for you then you can concentrate on balance and other things ..Thinking about too much stuff at once will overwhelm you ..just my .02
Old 05-27-2010, 08:50 PM

JoboF4i is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
the higher you get the bike right away the slower you will be going when you crash
learning that lesson right now, makes you less afraid of crashing too!
Old 05-28-2010, 03:20 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

ya if you crash and dont get hurt it makes it alot easier to push , on the other hand if youre going 30 when you drop in and highside or loop out most people noobs quit after that ...lol
Old 05-28-2010, 09:19 AM

bcnvbncv is a decent person

======= http://www.ccshoper.com =======

free shipping
competitive price
any size available
accept the paypal

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33

Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $35

Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $35

Tshirts (ed hardy,lacoste) $16

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $16

New era cap $15

Bikini (Ed hardy) $25

======= http://www.ccshoper.com ========
Old 05-28-2010, 12:49 PM

Looped in my first season at around 35mph, totaled my bike and had bad rash all over, I know exactly what you mean cause I stopped trying wheelies for months lol

btw, what does highside mean?
Old 05-28-2010, 01:21 PM

Topek is a decent person

Originally Posted by ntseles
Looped in my first season at around 35mph, totaled my bike and had bad rash all over, I know exactly what you mean cause I stopped trying wheelies for months lol

btw, what does highside mean?

Fly over the bike.. Aka your bike wants to go one way but your body doesn't so up and over you go. lol
Old 05-28-2010, 06:56 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by buffaloGSXR
Fly over the bike.. Aka your bike wants to go one way but your body doesn't so up and over you go. lol
ya kinda like that . highside in a wheelie usually happens cause the bike turns and leans lets say left for the sake of this explanation but the momentum is still straight forward so the tire grips and slingshots you and the bike straight
Old 05-30-2010, 10:46 PM

juzslidin has a spectacular aura aboutjuzslidin has a spectacular aura about

my advice is to snap it from a dead stop , if the idle wont hold it up drop it and repeat . chasing will just build bad habits and get you hurt again .

as to sit down or stand up ..... go with what ever your more comfy with . as to a hand brake ..... dont waste your money . a foot brake might be a forgotten art but it still functions well . most dont like it or use it cause they dont know how !
Old 06-02-2010, 08:39 AM

nhrider90 is a decent person

did any of you guys learn this with stock gearing? dont have enough dough for a stuntbike to beat on, but i still wanna learn slower wheelies
Old 06-03-2010, 07:57 AM

danny__darby is a decent person

If your learning slow wheelies is it easier to learn to catch idle at balance point and blip the throttle if the bikes starts to come down or should we just keep idle at standard?
Old 06-03-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by juzslidin
my advice is to snap it from a dead stop , if the idle wont hold it up drop it and repeat . chasing will just build bad habits and get you hurt again .

as to sit down or stand up ..... go with what ever your more comfy with . as to a hand brake ..... dont waste your money . a foot brake might be a forgotten art but it still functions well . most dont like it or use it cause they dont know how !
Excellent advice, I feel like a handbrake is a waste of $ for me, If i cant idle slow with a foot brake im not going to get any better by using my hand

I definately feel more comfortable sittin, Standing is the weirdest god damn feeling to me for some reason?! Maybe it's because im staggered?

Im actually getting to the point where I catch the bike at 11ish with the brake but idle will not hold it, guess im not getting high enough cause my idle is at 3k! The only thing I think will help me now is seat time

Last edited by ntseles; 06-03-2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: I cant spell for shit
Old 06-03-2010, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by ntseles
Excellent advice, I feel like a handbrake is a waste of $ for me, If i cant idle slow with a foot brake im not going to get any better by using my hand

I definately feel more comfortable sittin, Standing is the weirdest god damn feeling to me for some reason?! Maybe it's because im staggered?

Im actually getting to the point where I catch the bike at 11ish with the brake but idle will not hold it, guess im not getting high enough cause my idle is at 3k! The only thing I think will help me now is seat time
At this time the footbrake will do just fine to catch idle and ride it.. but what are you going to do when you want to move to Seat standers and other tricks that require that right foot off the brake. Get a hand brake..cause you know and i know you will eventually need one to progress. So while your at this stage why not get use to both brakes so when you want to try the tricks that need the handbrake you wont have to learn the brake and the trick all at one, then limiting your progression ..just my .02
Old 06-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Free Riders

TheFBomb13 is a decent person

Originally Posted by hondaruss
At this time the footbrake will do just fine to catch idle and ride it.. but what are you going to do when you want to move to Seat standers and other tricks that require that right foot off the brake. Get a hand brake..cause you know and i know you will eventually need one to progress. So while your at this stage why not get use to both brakes so when you want to try the tricks that need the handbrake you wont have to learn the brake and the trick all at one, then limiting your progression ..just my .02
i don't think the handbrake is a waste of money but i don't think he should go straight to a handbrake without learning the footbrake first.. seeing as he is more comfortable sitting makin it easier to to be touchy on the foot and then he will have to get use to a different brake setup..
Old 06-29-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by TheFBomb13
i don't think the handbrake is a waste of money but i don't think he should go straight to a handbrake without learning the footbrake first.. seeing as he is more comfortable sitting makin it easier to to be touchy on the foot and then he will have to get use to a different brake setup..
Re-read my post. it mentions the footbrake will do just fine for now. But eventually he will need a handbrake. Therefor at his stage of learning it would be wise to learn both systems together NOT just dedicating his self to one system. Never said he should go straight to the handbrake. Have both learn both .. progress faster..
Old 07-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Free Riders

TheFBomb13 is a decent person

Alright well i read over this thread a couple times and im still having trouble catching bp .. went up to high and snapped my tail my rearset my peg and the thread off my rear motor mount... any suggestions?!
Old 07-17-2010, 05:48 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

I still can't ride a sit down out worth a ****.
just about stop snap it up and catch it with the brake.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Learning to slow down and hold balance point