what tyre and pressure best for drifting ?

Old 11-14-2009, 03:05 PM

Barth Vader is an unknown quantity at this point
what tyre and pressure best for drifting ?

I've been practicing my drifting and i must say sometimes it's working good, but sometimes bad also(keeps gripping up). I'm using A bridgestone BT020 with 1,5 bar pressure.
I know it will be mostly skills but what tyres(and pressure) are you using to get the job done !
Is it good to have hard tires(like me) or soft(which maybe overheat quicker so they're good for drifting?)
Thanks for reply's !
Old 11-15-2009, 11:48 AM

T'RIC'KY will become famous soon enough
Re: what tyre and pressure best for drifting ?

hey Barth first I would raise the tire pressure to a minimum of 2 bar, better 2-2,5 and then try it again.
I once had a Dunlop D205 and ran it with 2,3-2,5 bar and learned drifting on, I'm still not very good on drifting though but that tire and pressure definitely made it easy for me.
Now that I run grippier tires (Metzeler M1) it's much harder but with a pressure of 2+ bar it still works.
Hope I was able to help you a lil bit but maybe the drift pros have some better advice.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:21 PM

Barth Vader is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by T'RIC'KY
hey Barth first I would raise the tire pressure to a minimum of 2 bar, better 2-2,5 and then try it again.
I once had a Dunlop D205 and ran it with 2,3-2,5 bar and learned drifting on, I'm still not very good on drifting though but that tire and pressure definitely made it easy for me.
Now that I run grippier tires (Metzeler M1) it's much harder but with a pressure of 2+ bar it still works.
Hope I was able to help you a lil bit but maybe the drift pros have some better advice.
Thanks for the advice, i've tried more pressure but it seemed not better but maybe because i am not used to it. Maybe i'll try a little longer.
I think i'm gonna try a michelin macadam on 1.5 bar, i like that low pressure for circles and maybe with this hard tyre it works out.
But must say ;today was working out fine with the bt020 on 1.5 , but last weekend was bad ?
Old 07-17-2013, 05:15 PM
The Bike Butcher

Sparky88 is a decent person

This interests me, because obviously with harder pressure it will be easier to break traction but is there a happy medium that is good for slow wheelies also?

I'm sure there is not a magic number but I'm curious what people are running.