SI Subcage Folding Pegs Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:11 AM

CyberBeast is an unknown quantity at this point
SI Subcage Folding Pegs Help

Heyup Peeps.

Gonna move from solid pegs from my SI subcage to foldable pegs for safety reasons!

I kept the u shaped brackets i got from SI with my cage to go the foldable route but i cant use my old standard pegs as the space is too big and the little plate that holds the ball bearing from the stock setup wont fit flush as well...

What did anyone else do to make pegs fit?
Pegs from another model of bike?

Cheers.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:01 AM
B.A.M.F.

MattyB03 is a decent person
Re: SI Subcage Folding Pegs Help

Just curious why you are switching from non-folding to folding pegs.. What safety reasons are you talking about? I have the sick subcage and those beefy non- folding pegs have saved my bike a few times so I can't imagine going back to folding pegs...

Last edited by MattyB03; 09-27-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 09-27-2009, 11:21 AM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MattyB03
Just curious why you are switching from non-folding to folding pegs.. What safety reasons are you talking about? I have the sick subcage and those beefy non- folding pegs have saved my bike a few times so I can't imagine going back to folding pegs...
Flip a stoppie and you will most likely figure out why he is going to folding pegs..

Plus I would think you would rather have your tail break or get rashed up instead of replacing a subframe..
Old 09-27-2009, 04:01 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

I still havent seen picks of the SI with folding pegs, Im starting to doubt it even exists, lol
Old 09-27-2009, 04:11 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
I still havent seen picks of the SI with folding pegs, Im starting to doubt it even exists, lol
nah i put one on my friends f4i.

i used the esd pegs for his and had to shave em down to fit in the brackets.
what kills me about every skeptics thought on folding pegs is this.

they always say "i want to know my pegs not gonna fold up on me"
they WONT fold up on you with an omr because the brackets are rotated on their axis so that when you are in a wheelie the pressure of your feet is pushing it into the lock position instead of halfway into the fold position like on stock pegs. the same thing is achieveable on the si folding peg adapters. just angle them as such when you bolt them on and i guarantee they will never fold up on you when u dont want them to. but they will fold up in most tipovers falls so it doesnt put as much strain on your subframe or give the peg anymore rigidity to stab you in the back, or you can also manually fold them when doing stoppie practice.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dilts646
Flip a stoppie and you will most likely figure out why he is going to folding pegs..

Plus I would think you would rather have your tail break or get rashed up instead of replacing a subframe..
Yup, thats why!
A friend just had a lucky escape on solid pegs so now i want to go the folded route and reading OMR's thread on solid vs foldable pegs also makes sense.

*Tanus* SI now produce rear subframes with the folding peg option, they throw in a couple of u shaped steel parts which bolt through and you can use stock pegs.

But my stock pegs just seem to small to fit so will lookup ESD pegs, cheers sdfkillz.
Did you fit the flat piece of steel that locks the pegs in place with the spring and ball bearing, as by the looks of it the flat piece wont fit properly as there is no cut out for it like the stock hanger if you know what i mean.

Last edited by CyberBeast; 09-27-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:43 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CyberBeast
Yup, thats why!
A friend just had a lucky escape on solid pegs so now i want to go the folded route and reading OMR's thread on solid vs foldable pegs also makes sense.

*Tanus* SI now produce rear subframes with the folding peg option, they throw in a couple of u shaped steel parts which bolt through and you can use stock pegs.

But my stock pegs just seem to small to fit so will lookup ESD pegs, cheers sdfkillz.
Did you fit the flat piece of steel that locks the pegs in place with the spring and ball bearing, as by the looks of it the flat piece wont fit properly as there is no cut out for it like the stock hanger if you know what i mean.
yes i included everything that comes with the stock pegs as its needed to ensure the pegs lock in place so your pegs dont flop around.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:03 PM

How did you manage to fit the locking plate in place?
As on the stock hanger it has a hole cut away that the end of the locking plate slots into if you know what i mean.
And the SI bracket doesnt.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:09 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by CyberBeast
How did you manage to fit the locking plate in place?
As on the stock hanger it has a hole cut away that the end of the locking plate slots into if you know what i mean.
And the SI bracket doesnt.
cut the tab off the peg lock plate , just cut it enough so the hole lines up and the bracket it self should keep it in place and add some washers so the pegs fit snug

si should have made the bracket so the stock peg would fit right but it should work as long as the hole is in the right place to stop the peg when in the down position ..

if you dont get what im saying pm me and i will talk you threw it over the phone ...

guess im the si tech guy now
Old 09-27-2009, 06:12 PM

Cheers OMR yeah i know what your saying mate.
The SI brackets are way too oversized!
And to be honest when i require a new subframe gonna grab one of yours as all i have heard is good reports.
Cheers mate.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:38 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
nah i put one on my friends f4i.

oh nice, I have no idea why people run the solid pegs
Old 08-24-2015, 06:30 PM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

scottk is a decent person
Re: Folding Pegs Help

I'm reviving this thread in hopes of finding a subcage with folding pegs. I looked all over the internet and can't find them for sale. i found the pegs by them self, but cannot find the whole sub cage with folding pegs. I can't find the adapters to convert a regular subcage into a folding subcage either. I am mainly interested in a new one but will probably buy a used one its for a 2003 zx6r Kawasaki 636.