CBR1000RR Throttle tube/cables on F4i

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 05:44 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: CBR1000RR Throttle tube/cables on F4i

Nice
Old 06-06-2008, 05:56 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Just drilled the hole in the bar for the little nubs. Waiting on new throttle cables coz mine are **** and need something to weight the bars down and then Ima put this bitch on. :YEAH Looks a lot cleaner than stock. I wanted to get the kill switch closer to the throttle but I was a little off w my measurements. Oh well.

You probably want to angle the throttle cables down more
Old 06-06-2008, 06:03 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Yeah when I put it on the bike Im gonna have em angled downwards. Thanks for the info Nags & KJ :YEAH
Old 06-06-2008, 06:14 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

oh.. figured you already drilled it
Old 06-06-2008, 06:21 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

I did but I think its just the angle of the pic. I was just gonna angle the tube downwards like this

Name:  img195.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  34.8 KB

Do you think I should redo it Im not doing tank wheelies or anything like that where I gotta worry about kicking the killswitch now although I do plan on getting there over the summer. I was just gonna stick a pin through the kill switch so I cant kick it off. What do you think?
Old 06-06-2008, 06:34 PM
NealFoReal

************. Looking at KJ's pics I think I'm gonna redo it. I dont know. Im ****** lazy and dont wanna do it again but think I'm going to.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:04 PM

HallFace929 is a decent person

I did but I think its just the angle of the pic. I was just gonna angle the tube downwards like this

Do you think I should redo it Im not doing tank wheelies or anything like that where I gotta worry about kicking the killswitch now although I do plan on getting there over the summer. I was just gonna stick a pin through the kill switch so I cant kick it off. What do you think?
Don't redo it! Its fine. Just angle the throttle tubes down when you put the clip-on back on, and when the time comes, do the pin. On mine the kill switch is pointing straight up in the air cuz sometimes when I get in trouble and cant get to the clutch to pull it in I hit the killswitch instead.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:09 AM
kj

************. Looking at KJ's pics I think I'm gonna redo it. I dont know. Im ****** lazy and dont wanna do it again but think I'm going to.
Don't bother.... just disable it at the harness. Then you never need to worry about it shutting off... EVER. Just as long as you can hit the starter easily if you happen to stall.

I don't trust switches, so I hard-wire everything that i can when it comes to the bike shutting off mid-wheelie due to touching something w/ body parts.

I've seen too many friends go over the front in the middle of straght line tank combos...... it never ends up good.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:24 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by HallFace929
Don't redo it! Its fine. Just angle the throttle tubes down when you put the clip-on back on, and when the time comes, do the pin. On mine the kill switch is pointing straight up in the air cuz sometimes when I get in trouble and cant get to the clutch to pull it in I hit the killswitch instead.
Yeah I keep looking at it and Ima just leave it. I stress too easily over

Old 06-07-2008, 03:26 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by kj
Don't bother.... just disable it at the harness. Then you never need to worry about it shutting off... EVER. Just as long as you can hit the starter easily if you happen to stall.

I don't trust switches, so I hard-wire everything that i can when it comes to the bike shutting off mid-wheelie due to touching something w/ body parts.

I've seen too many friends go over the front in the middle of straght line tank combos...... it never ends up good.
Thankfully Ive never went over the front but I have seen video of it and it never looks good I think you posted in here how to do that so I gotta go back and read. I drop my bike a lot though so Im always reaching for the kill switch. I guess you just reach for the key instead when you drop yours
Old 06-07-2008, 11:44 AM
NealFoReal

Thankfully Ive never went over the front
YET Bump so KJ sees.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:05 PM
NealFoReal

Bump so KJ sees.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:06 PM
kj

I never have either..... (knocking on wood).

And yes, I just grab the key or tug hard on the hb any time i need to turn the bike off quick. I forget which wires you have to connect.... lemme think for a bit.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:23 PM
NealFoReal

Knock on wood is right. Ima look through this thread again and see if anyone mentioned it. Thanks mayn.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:38 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by kj
I used f4i cables, and once they're turned down and under it gives you a good amount of extra room to work with... so try it w/ your f4i cables 1st.

And the ghetto electrical tape method? Is there any other way?
Youre able to use the F4i cables w the convertibar setup? I wanted to get them but someone talked me out of them saying he never heard of stunters using them before Now I'm seeing more peeps using them.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:30 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Ok I got the 1000rr throttle cables and whatnot on, now Im gonna wire the 1000rr run/kill-starter button. There are like 6-7 wires, do I just cut and splice what wire color match or what?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:36 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by JMZ
Ok I got the 1000rr throttle cables and whatnot on, now Im gonna wire the 1000rr run/kill-starter button. There are like 6-7 wires, do I just cut and splice what wire color match or what?
match the colors that match and there will be 2 colors left over that dont match. Try connecting them and seeing what works. If I remember correctly those 2 wires are the brake light switch so just connect which ever to which ever and see if the brake light comes on. If it dont then swap the different wires and you should be good then. Solder it up and keep it moving
Old 12-30-2008, 08:32 PM
kj

match the colors that match and there will be 2 colors left over that dont match. Try connecting them and seeing what works. If I remember correctly those 2 wires are the brake light switch so just connect which ever to which ever and see if the brake light comes on. If it dont then swap the different wires and you should be good then. Solder it up and keep it moving
Brake light switch wires are light green/white and yellow/green.

on edit.... ok i'm really dumb. All the info you need (that I just deleted) is in the previous pages.

Last edited by kj; 12-30-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:22 AM

andy° is an unknown quantity at this point

can you use the throttle tube and cables
of the F4i with the throttle housing of the 1000rr ???
then i just need to search a 1000rr throttle housing.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:16 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by andy929
can you use the throttle tube and cables
of the F4i with the throttle housing of the 1000rr ???
then i just need to search a 1000rr throttle housing.
You could use the F4i cables but you wanna use the 1000rr throttle housing. I dont remember if you could use the f4i throttle housing although I dont think you can but you wanna use the 1000rr anyway so you can angle the throttle cables way down like in the pics posted.

Quick Reply: CBR1000RR Throttle tube/cables on F4i