CBR1000RR Throttle tube/cables on F4i

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 02:27 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: CBR1000RR Throttle tube/cables on F4i

Ha ha.... I'm startin to like this paint thing...
Old 02-14-2008, 02:37 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Your paint skills are stellar.

But yea, I can see why you'd do the bolt. I don't really like that little bit of movement you get on the tube.

Before I slid the tube on I greased the **** outta the clipon. The throttle spins soooooo smooth.

Only thing I need to do still is move the hole over for the nipple on the tube. It was perfect for the F4i tube but it's a bit too far out for the 1k.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:35 PM

Hazen is a decent person

I ran em on my F4i and liked it...
Old 02-14-2008, 04:51 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Hazen
I ran em on my F4i and liked it...
Squids need not apply.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:05 PM

Here's the finished product

Old 02-14-2008, 05:32 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nags

so what cables are you running stock or the 1000rr ones??
Old 02-14-2008, 05:34 PM

F4i. 1000rr cables would not fit no matter what I did.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:58 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Your paint skills are stellar.

But yea, I can see why you'd do the bolt. I don't really like that little bit of movement you get on the tube.

Before I slid the tube on I greased the **** outta the clipon. The throttle spins soooooo smooth.

Only thing I need to do still is move the hole over for the nipple on the tube. It was perfect for the F4i tube but it's a bit too far out for the 1k.

**** before i put my throttle tube on i greased the **** outta my bar and its so damn cold here like mids 20's at night i think the grease actually made the throttle even more shitty WTF
Old 02-15-2008, 12:06 AM

Lol, I actually just drove up to Tampa with my bike in the back of the truck and it's a lot colder up here than down by me. Untill my throttle thaws out, it's pretty tight right now with the grease
Old 02-15-2008, 12:14 AM
kj

yea... we can't use grease up here either... throttle wouldn't snap back at all w/ any extra drag.

I just clean the **** outta the bar and throttle tube w/ rubbing alcohol, then rub some talc powder on the bar... **** snaps real nice and clean.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:16 AM

I've always been a fan of the grease but I guess I never really have to worrk about the cold
Old 02-15-2008, 01:05 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

kj ,you drilled all the way through your clip on ?
Old 02-15-2008, 09:34 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had mine almost exactly like that, same grips and all.....I just rolled my kill switch forward so I could only hit it with my 1st digit. Saw Danielle Jacksina ( ) take a tumble from kicking his kill switch, and I wanted to avoid that mess.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:50 AM

Well I drilled the switch so I could put a pin through it.. But if you look closely you can see I fucked that up nicely
Old 02-15-2008, 09:55 AM

Jump is a decent person

just run a scrue into the side of your kill swich so it stays on and just turn it of and on with the key thats what i got it work good. i had to after about braking my *** bone merk to hc i keep hiting it of. whats so good about the 1000 set up

Last edited by Jump; 02-15-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:19 AM
kj

Originally Posted by old man roger
kj ,you drilled all the way through your clip on ?
Old 02-16-2008, 02:55 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

kj your setup looks nice! stand on the seat n take a pic of the whole view n post the pic, i wunna see
Old 02-16-2008, 03:43 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I just solder the wires to my kill switch.

My main harness was fucked on my f4i anyways.. BIke was always cutting out running like ****.. Just about got stuck one day 100 miles from home because my bike wouldn't start because of falty wire harness..

Finally figured out it was the wires for the kill switch, soldered them bitches and never worried about it :YEAH
Old 02-16-2008, 06:33 PM
kj

Originally Posted by 50slut
kj your setup looks nice! stand on the seat n take a pic of the whole view n post the pic, i wunna see
Ok.... here's one of the other bike... but basically same exact setup, Johnny P stay, HHD top triple w/ 1krr front end running convertibars clipons turned out WIDE...

Name:  Catpics001.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  47.2 KB

I've got FULL lock to lock clearance w/ this setup and the width of dirt bars w/out the up in your face feel or look...

The bars are tough too... they've been beat pretty hard a couple of times and haven't bent or cracked yet so....
Old 02-16-2008, 06:39 PM
kj

Well I drilled the switch so I could put a pin through it.. But if you look closely you can see I fucked that up nicely
Oh and btw Nags... those were the pics I was gonna get for you until I realized that you were already running vortex bars...

figured I'd give ya the heads up though cause it looks as though you were going for the same type of setup (full fairing/nice bike, w/ wider bars and room for controls setup perfectly).

The convertibars are a lil more pricey than the rest, but I've been through probably 10 sets of FI bar tubes... I'd bend them constantly... plus they couldn't be turned out nearly as far as I'd like on my full fairing nicer stunter w/ out hitting the upper.

Quick Reply: CBR1000RR Throttle tube/cables on F4i