CBR1000RR Throttle tube/cables on F4i

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 11:45 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: CBR1000RR Throttle tube/cables on F4i

Well the kill switch is seperate from the throttle so it's not big deal if that spins.

The only pain was the friggin' throttle cables for me. I gave up and went with the f4i since I didnt need the added length.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:59 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

the 1000rr throttle/ kill start button i have is off an 07 so wut kinda pain am i gonna have when i try to rewire the kill start setup????
Old 02-14-2008, 12:02 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Well it'll either be like mine where you're left with 2 wires that don't match or they'll all match up. No big deal eiter way.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:07 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

cool so no sweat there, did you solder then shrink wrap everything??
Old 02-14-2008, 12:09 AM

Was going to heat shrink it but didn't have any here small enough so I just went for the ghetto electrical tape method
Old 02-14-2008, 12:14 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

ok so i'll make sure to have sum shrink wrap thanks
Old 02-14-2008, 12:18 AM

Make sure you get some real small stuff
Old 02-14-2008, 12:21 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 50slut
i i got db bars so the extra 1.5" on the 1000rr cables will help...
I used f4i cables, and once they're turned down and under it gives you a good amount of extra room to work with... so try it w/ your f4i cables 1st.

And the ghetto electrical tape method? Is there any other way?
Old 02-14-2008, 12:32 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

fosho, i got tons of shrink wrap all diff sizes so i be good there and my stock F4i cables are long enought but when i turn my **** almost all the way to the right the rpm's go up a bit so i figured the extra 1.5" would help but i'll try with the stock ones 1st since nags had all the more headache than i wunt with the cables
Old 02-14-2008, 12:35 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kj
I used f4i cables, and once they're turned down and under it gives you a good amount of extra room to work with... so try it w/ your f4i cables 1st.

And the ghetto electrical tape method? Is there any other way?
ya whats this heat shrink **** everyone talks about

So you can 1000rr setup with f4i cables?

Just curious, whats really the difference then with the 1000rr setup vs f4i? Coudln't I just drill the hole on top of my bars, and flip the f4i setup upside down and be the same as a 1000rr setup? IE coming out the bottom?

I got db bars, and would like a LITTLE more reach, but don't need much.. I've been riding fine wiht a stock setup forever, but when my bars cranked, my throttle gets a little touchy lol
Old 02-14-2008, 12:45 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

you can reroute your throttle cables and **** outside of the fork tubes and that problem will go away as long as you dont kick the cables with some weird uncool combo or somin. Did that on my RR when I had DB bars on it still and ha d the same problem.

The 1000RR throttle housing is alot more adjustible without having to move the kill switch.

Also, I dont have the nipple on the 1000RR housing at all and it tightened down really tight without any issues so far....and I've dumped it hard a couple times with it. Made setting my lever space for my gix radial much easier with the 1000RR housing.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:52 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

my cables are outside the fork tube and the rpm's still go up when turned to the right how do you have yours mounted is kill switch facing up or towards the front???? mine is facing up!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:57 AM

my cables are outside the fork tube and the rpm's still go up when turned to the right how do you have yours mounted is kill switch facing up or towards the front???? mine is facing up!
mine was on my RR...may have been slightly longer, but I thought it was shorter. I would have my cables pointing as straight down as possible, then you can also turn the metal angles on the housing to face the bike a 1/4"-1/2" and will give you a **** hair more.......I just kept playing with it until I had it perfect, then I came to my senses and got Vortex clipons!
Old 02-14-2008, 01:01 AM
kj

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Coudln't I just drill the hole on top of my bars, and flip the f4i setup upside down and be the same as a 1000rr setup? IE coming out the bottom?

Yea ya could... and i tried it once but the starter button would be facing forward on the top. Know what I mean?

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
The 1000RR throttle housing is alot more adjustible without having to move the kill switch.
Yea.. and as I said above... it's more the starter button than the kill switch... I actually have my kill switch dis-abled at the plug cause I NEVER use it, nor do I EVER want to.

But sometimes after a stall i wanna start up quick... like before the tire even touches the ground. And not havin that starter button right there would **** me up bigtime.

I think it's really worth the 1krr swap... just that lil extra bit you get from the cables being on the bottom helps w/ that lil bit of throttle pull your getting.... I used to have the same thing.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:12 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

kj how did you disable the kill switch, just take the 2 wires that go to it inside the housing and solder em together???? **** i never use mine either i ALWAYS use the key
Old 02-14-2008, 01:16 AM
kj

kj how did you disable the kill switch, just take the 2 wires that go to it inside the housing and solder em together???? **** i never use mine either i ALWAYS use the key
yea but down below the plug(on the bike side)... just cut the 2 wires (can't remember colors right now).. but cut em and splice em together REAL TIGHT!!

For that one I used one of those small plastic crimp caps.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:18 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

cool im on it
Old 02-14-2008, 02:26 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Towlieee

Just curious, whats really the difference then with the 1000rr setup vs f4i?

l
the 1000rr unit is metal and smaller, and it looks pimp
Old 02-14-2008, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by kj
But sometimes after a stall i wanna start up quick... like before the tire even touches the ground. And not havin that starter button right there would **** me up bigtime.
yeah with the 1000RR setup you can mount the throttle cables at any angle....and have the kill switch facing like stock, turned up where the starter button points straight up, straight down, whatever you want.....thats why I like the setup better. I need to get my hands on a 1000RR kill switch. I actually did use it a lil shutting the motor off in coasters, then starting again after 4-500' before setting it down. Anymore I just turn the idle way down....roughly the same sound.

I think we're sayin the same ****, just in diff. phrases
Old 02-14-2008, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
the 1000rr unit is metal and smaller, and it looks pimp
Yep

Quick Reply: CBR1000RR Throttle tube/cables on F4i