CBR1000RR Throttle tube/cables on F4i

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:29 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: CBR1000RR Throttle tube/cables on F4i

Alright, **** you guys.

I gave up and put the F4i cables in the 1000rr housing. After I did that it took me 2 minutes to finish everything
Old 02-12-2008, 10:30 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
thats weird, try loosening the slack on the bottom line too, or if you have to take off the nut and just run one on the lower cable

nice avatar dog,reppin the sauce
I had EVERYTHING all the way loose. Wasn't even close to working
Old 02-12-2008, 11:17 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nags
Alright, **** you guys.

I gave up and put the F4i cables in the 1000rr housing. After I did that it took me 2 minutes to finish everything
thats how I did everything...works fine
Old 02-12-2008, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
thats how I did everything...works fine
Wish I woulda thought of that before tearing apart the tank and airbox and all
Old 02-13-2008, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by kj
+1

different plug... but same color wires.
Ok, here's my next question.

I just cut the plug off the F4i controls and was soldering it onto the 1krr controls so I could plug 'em right in. However.... All but 2 wires match.... Whats the problem here?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:21 PM

Ok, I just heard that 06-07 CBR1000's have 2 different controls.. Same exact control but different wires. Great.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:14 PM

Wish I woulda thought of that before tearing apart the tank and airbox and all
shoulda read post #15

when I did my RR I soldered the wires together, not sure if you could pull metal clips out of the 1000rr harness and slide them into the F4i harness....kinda like you can with the fuel pump plugs
Old 02-13-2008, 07:36 PM

shoulda read post #15

when I did my RR I soldered the wires together, not sure if you could pull metal clips out of the 1000rr harness and slide them into the F4i harness....kinda like you can with the fuel pump plugs
Was going to do that but didnt look like you could.

So I went the soldering route. And now it's still sitting in the kitchen waiting to be finished.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:37 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, here's my next question.

I just cut the plug off the F4i controls and was soldering it onto the 1krr controls so I could plug 'em right in. However.... All but 2 wires match.... Whats the problem here?

I'm pretty sure the 2 wires your talking about are for the brake switch.... like a white/green and green/yellow(on the switch side)?

When I wired mine up it didn't make a difference which one they went to (i don't think)

Try em in both spots and see which on lets the brake light work....
Old 02-13-2008, 07:43 PM

Damn, you're on point with your wires
Old 02-13-2008, 07:45 PM
kj

Yup.... that's them. (did you just edit that pic in?)

Makes no diff where they go.... and if it does, then just swap the 2 plugs on the brake light micro-switch.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:46 PM

Yea, added it a minute later.

Thanks for the help

Now I just need to clean up the wires up front. My **** was all bundled up and zip tied to the fairing stay like a stuntbike or something
Old 02-13-2008, 07:48 PM
kj

I tried that... pullin the clips out and pushing them into the plug housing...

They wouldn't fit... had to go the soldering route as well.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:53 PM
kj

Yea, added it a minute later.

Thanks for the help

Now I just need to clean up the wires up front. My **** was all bundled up and zip tied to the fairing stay like a stuntbike or something
No prob

I hate trying to hide all those wires on the front... it's such a bitch when somethin goes wrong then ya gotta un-do all that zippin and tuckin.

I still have to snap some pics of the clip-on setup for ya.... soon.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:56 PM

Yea.. I built this bike from the ground up never having worked on an F4i before.. So I had no idea how these things were supposed to go stock. I just did work with some zip ties.

And yes, hurry up with those pics.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by kj
I tried that... pullin the clips out and pushing them into the plug housing...

They wouldn't fit... had to go the soldering route as well.
yeah, I KNEW it would work rewiring it, so thats why I went that route.......I'm wanting to pick up one for my F4i some time soon, I'll skip the brakelight switch and plug, completely since I have a brakelight switch banjo bolt on my front caliper.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:38 PM

Just finished up soldering it and tried it out. Worked perfect.

You guys drilling a hole for the nipple on the control or just cutting it and tightening it down?
Old 02-13-2008, 10:43 PM
kj

Just finished up soldering it and tried it out. Worked perfect.

You guys drilling a hole for the nipple on the control or just cutting it and tightening it down?
I drilled a hole for the nipple AND drilled a hole straight through the entire throttle cable unit (right to the side and between the cables), then put a long skinny bolt and nut through it....

That ****'s tight now and not going anywhere.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:15 PM

Hmm.. Maybe I will. I was thinking of just cutting the nipple then putting one piece of electrical tape around the clipon before mounting the kill switch to it'd tighten down
Old 02-13-2008, 11:38 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Re: CBR1000RR Throttle tube/cables on F4i

Hmm.. Maybe I will. I was thinking of just cutting the nipple then putting one piece of electrical tape around the clipon before mounting the kill switch to it'd tighten down

i wouldnt do that,id drill the hole, **** thats the whole reason im goin with the 1000rr setup, i ground that nipple off my stock f4i housing and it ****** moves around no matter wut i do! i got db bars so the extra 1.5" on the 1000rr cables will help but **** as much of a pain as it seems im havin 2nd thoughts on the whole swap! but damn the 1000rr setup will look so damn clean

Quick Reply: CBR1000RR Throttle tube/cables on F4i