how to air box mod f4i

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 05:17 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: how to air box mod f4i

Originally Posted by old man roger
remember you may need to adjust stock idle cable to maximize the pull on idle after this mod
i would leave it plugged in so the computer thinks it's still working but i have read that people have done it both ways....

i would start with the second cable all the way out so you can set your idle at 1000 rpm with the stock cable then turn your idle up to where you like it with the second cable and then try turning the first cable up a little bit at a time to see where it pulls best because the first cable adjust the air fuel mixture and it will effect how strong your idle pulls......
Originally Posted by nags
Alright, just finished up and took it for a test ride. Only did a few slow wheelies and they were just on throttle. Right off the bat I notice that I've lost a tiny bit of low end. Hopefully when I spend more time on it I'll notice a stronger idle though
Old 10-28-2007, 05:19 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

What?
Old 10-28-2007, 05:24 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by nags
What?
play around with your stock idle cable becuase it will need to be adjusted after this mod......

start by setting it at 1000 rpms like i posted and the oooooooohhhhh **** this just go back and read..........
Old 10-28-2007, 05:25 PM
also known as OMR

and like i said i would leave the stock t plugged in so the comuter rhinks it's still working
Old 10-28-2007, 05:26 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

play around with your stock idle cable becuase it will need to be adjusted after this mod......

start by setting it at 1000 rpms like i posted and the oooooooohhhhh **** this just go back and read..........
I adjust that **** everytime I get on my bike. You know better than that.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:08 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

just came back from the spot.

HOLY ******* DIFFERENCE...first, didn't touch the stock idle...didn't notice much difference...but then i took turned up the stock 2-3 turns....holy **** i love it!:YEAHthx guyz

offtopic but almost looped a ss, my awesome hb saved me at the last second. its hella
Old 11-05-2007, 04:28 PM

BeLLiSSimO1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thinkin of doin this, but anyone had any negitive long term effects from this mod?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:33 PM
also known as OMR

there are no long term side effects except you don't hydrolock and blow your motor....
Old 11-05-2007, 04:49 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BeLLiSSimO1
Thinkin of doin this, but anyone had any negitive long term effects from this mod?
only one i see is that you might actually get better
Old 11-06-2007, 08:36 PM

BeLLiSSimO1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dscamry
only one i see is that you might actually get better
fair enough:YEAH
Old 11-07-2007, 02:36 PM

nomad is an unknown quantity at this point

the guys that have done this mod, do you tape off the right side opening on the airbox or leave that open?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:50 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by nomad
the guys that have done this mod, do you tape off the right side opening on the airbox or leave that open?

one has nothing to do with the other..

tape it up and if it runs better then keep it covered if it doesn't then don,t
Old 11-07-2007, 04:01 PM

i wasnt sure, was just curious to see if anyone has done this and their results if it did affect it or not. sorry for any confusion.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:05 PM
also known as OMR

i know some f4i's run better on the street with it blocked off but i also know a bunch that don't so i think you should try it and see what works for your bike
Old 11-07-2007, 05:04 PM
DSC

is he talkin about the ram air tubes?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:15 PM
also known as OMR

yep .
Old 11-07-2007, 05:23 PM

i know some f4i's run better on the street with it blocked off but i also know a bunch that don't so i think you should try it and see what works for your bike[/quote]
the only mod i heard before this one was to tape off one side of the airbox to help out the low end, but i'll def. do this mod and try it with/without taping off one side like old man roger said and see what happens. thanx for advice.

Last edited by nomad; 11-07-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:30 PM

hmmm. . i was tryin to use the quote thing, i'm not to good with this computer thing yet.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:42 AM

So I rode for the first time last night since doing this and I think it does pull a bit harder on idle, but damn... It takes so much more to clutch the bike up now
Old 11-10-2007, 09:48 AM
DSC

you just need more gear nags

Quick Reply: how to air box mod f4i