how to air box mod f4i

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 02:25 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: how to air box mod f4i

lol .
Old 10-28-2007, 02:50 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Finally found some caps for the airbox. Going to get to work now.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:03 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

remember you may need to adjust stock idle cable to maximize the pull on idle after this mod
Old 10-28-2007, 03:28 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

****.. I knew that didn't seem right. 3/8" is way too small
Old 10-28-2007, 03:31 PM
also known as OMR

3/8 is big enough as far as flow and you could just use hose clamps to hold the hoses on
Old 10-28-2007, 03:32 PM
also known as OMR

as long as it's 3/8 inside diameter
Old 10-28-2007, 03:45 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Nags, 3/8 didnt seem big enough for me either...I used 1/2'' tee with clamps to be 100% sure
Old 10-28-2007, 03:50 PM
also known as OMR

that would work too......lol
Old 10-28-2007, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
3/8 is big enough as far as flow and you could just use hose clamps to hold the hoses on
You know I don't roll like that.

Just went to 5 stores but finally found 5/8" fittings.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:29 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by nags
You know I don't roll like that.

Just went to 5 stores but finally found 5/8" fittings.
as i was typing it i thought to my self nags is already on his way to the store to get the perfect fit....lol
Old 10-28-2007, 04:36 PM

All done with the hoses. What do you do with the box that plugs into electric? Just unplug it altogether?
Old 10-28-2007, 04:40 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

All done with the hoses. What do you do with the box that plugs into electric? Just unplug it altogether?
i left em on...the only only holes i covered were the big ones. don't think ur supposed to do anything with the electric.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:41 PM

So I leave that entire unit still plugged in?
Old 10-28-2007, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
remember you may need to adjust stock idle cable to maximize the pull on idle after this mod
more info please...i have the 2nd idle cable mod

wat should i set the idle at for the stock idle cable?
Old 10-28-2007, 04:44 PM

So I leave that entire unit still plugged in?
juss to be sure, what "unit" are u talkin" about?

i just routed the t-fitter...and plugged where 3 and 4 used to go. thats it.

p.s. i'm juss tellin u wat i did....i would wait for others to replys be4 u finish everythin up and put the tank together.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:44 PM

The unit that you pulled all the lines from to put into the T fitting. That unit plugs into the harness
Old 10-28-2007, 04:50 PM

Alright, I ditched it. No FI lights or anything
Old 10-28-2007, 04:59 PM
also known as OMR

i would leave it plugged in so the computer thinks it's still working but i have read that people have done it both ways....

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
more info please...i have the 2nd idle cable mod

wat should i set the idle at for the stock idle cable?
i would start with the second cable all the way out so you can set your idle at 1000 rpm with the stock cable then turn your idle up to where you like it with the second cable and then try turning the first cable up a little bit at a time to see where it pulls best because the first cable adjust the air fuel mixture and it will effect how strong your idle pulls......
Old 10-28-2007, 05:07 PM

ohh ya, i threw that piece out too.

and omr, i didn't get any FI lights from it being unplugged. just the same old 23 count but thats from takin off my smog

i'm gonna go practice in like an hour, i'll try wat u said with the idle.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:16 PM

Alright, just finished up and took it for a test ride. Only did a few slow wheelies and they were just on throttle. Right off the bat I notice that I've lost a tiny bit of low end. Hopefully when I spend more time on it I'll notice a stronger idle though

Quick Reply: how to air box mod f4i