Fork setups...Enough already!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 05:31 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person
Re: Fork setups...Enough already!!!

Originally Posted by #1legspreader
this thread is awesome!

i hope matt gorka is doing this homework to finsh the instructional stoppie vids...... i'm just kinda waiting for those DVD's to come out before i try any LONG stoppies!!! if you do everything they say in the advanced wheelie vid you'll learn 12's without dumping your bike..(thank you for that one, matt, and kyle)

please have , joe b, jason b, and alex flores as special guests in your stoppie vid

Yeah, me and Woods have been working hard at getting this thing ready for release....Putting together the pearls of what is important. It's not a showcase for us to show we can roll really long stoppies, but what everyone needs to know to get headed in the right direction, safely and the tips to go the distance. Lots of camera angles and so much info your head will explode. Plus, I've experimented in the past with lowering the forks in the triples and had GREAT results from it, so I want to make sure it's not just a one-bike solution. My 600rr responds real well to about 1/4 inch sink in the trips. We've been filming/editing and realistically will have the stoppie vid done real soon. We could release it right now, but we're making sure we have everything in this one because so many people really want to know the dealio when it comes to stoppies. I know you've heard it before, but we're almost done. We rocked out all with stock clipons and stock setups for the vid. No dirtbike bars....well, maybe one or two old school clips but that's it. Real world setups and what it takes to roll.
Everyone will be able to benefit from it and hope it burns up dvd players from overuse.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:33 PM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

I'll take 2 copies please
Old 08-01-2006, 05:48 PM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

the F4i has 300mm discs and the 929 has 330mm

The forks seem wider spaced on 929 too aren't they? Although the fork spacing wouldn't change leverage, but the clipons being wider would increase leverage/feel. Im not sure how much wider they are but it's substantial because I had to reduce the steering travel to get the upper to fit.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:13 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

i wanna figure out how to make 6th gear into a new gear so stuntbikes dont rev out when cruising the highway! like chaging the 6th gear ratio? can it be done?
Old 08-01-2006, 06:20 PM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

First off wrong thread a$$clown and secondly what gearing are u running
Old 08-01-2006, 06:32 PM

#1legspreader is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
Everyone will be able to benefit from it and hope it burns up dvd players from overuse.

the wheelie one sure DIDN'T (i packed the sides, the top, and the bottem of dvd player with ICE as instructed so it wouldn't burn up from the hot sizzlin footage) !! here is my 20 bucks or 30 or whatever you want for it!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:33 PM

Stuntone0one is a decent person

Originally Posted by NINER
Ever wonder why Schwartz likes my F4i for stoppies over other identical F4i's?

funny....i don't remember ever seeing schwarts stoppie your bike
Old 08-01-2006, 07:55 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TongWoo
I took my front end (Stock F4i) ran 1.0 Race tech springs, 15 weight oil (2 steps heavier), had a certified suspension tech guy revalve the forks for a slower rebound to reduce pogo, and I dropped the forks down in the triples a bit. My front end feels great right now, Real smooth and solid without pogo-ing. The Stock lower triple could be less flexy, but whateva... I like my setup now.
Yeah +1 on the how much did that cost......because it seems like one could almost get a 929/954 setup for about the same money. And if they both work well.....im goin with the cheaper one whatever that may be. Plus, 929 front ends just look cooler lol
Old 08-01-2006, 08:14 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
Yeah +1 on the how much did that cost......because it seems like one could almost get a 929/954 setup for about the same money. And if they both work well.....im goin with the cheaper one whatever that may be. Plus, 929 front ends just look cooler lol

might trade ya mine when i get out west
Old 08-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Stuntone0one
funny....i don't remember ever seeing schwarts stoppie your bike
It was one of the Friday shows at Milan........ about the time you fell off the face of the earth.....
Old 08-01-2006, 08:21 PM

Stuntone0one is a decent person

Originally Posted by NINER
It was one of the Friday shows at Milan........ about the time you fell off the face of the earth.....

pfft, i didn't fall off, just never got any calls about anything
Old 08-01-2006, 08:42 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

I like the f4i front end the same as 929. Make sure your brakes are in tip top shape from the cap of the m/c res. to the bottom of the caliper(clean fluid, bled, adj. levers cleaned and lubed) strait rotors, good tire, ect. I like stock settings with a lil tweak to the hard side on adjustments.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT

Im keeping mine for now, plus I dont want to have to buy another set of Fi clip-ons
Old 08-01-2006, 09:07 PM
hate practitioner

-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT

fvcking SELL OUT!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:26 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=eazenutz33]most of us can't afford two dampers [QUOTE=eazenutz33]

if you want to get serious for stoppies though, i would save for them, on gixxers for the most part anyways, only stoppied one 954 and that was lee houstons, his damper was shot so i just dropped the pressure down to like 12 lbs, went pretty far, the brakes were way better than a gixxer, but gixxers feel heavier over the front wheel, i dont know, to be honest i never really knew what was going on during a stoppie, i just knew what felt right, and i guess what ever feels right you should try to repeat as much as possible, and once you start fvcking with everything it can play head games with you if your not seeing results, i would say repetition is the key, the more you practice the better you'll get and the more comfortable you'll be picking em up faster which will lead to farther distances
Old 08-01-2006, 09:51 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

Ryan will straight take a bike from the salvage yard and roll stoppies on it...I remember in Texas looking at your bike and saying a silent prayer for you.

Anyways, the point of this thread was to help the guys that ride the f4i's get a better setup. If somebody has a really good feeling setup, take pics of the triples and show everybody the position of the forks as a reference point. I HIGHLY recommend everybody who plans on getting serious get some aftermarket (Race Tech) springs and start there. Once the forks are nice and stiff, the next step is finding the sweet spot for the forks in the triples.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:54 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I'm planning on doing the racetech springs soon... my sh*t is setup right and it still pogos
Old 08-01-2006, 09:54 PM

Yeah but Matt....that race tech stuff costs some pretty good $$$, so it might be just as worth it for some people to get a good deal on a 954 setup right?

I dont really have a problem with my f4i stock but im not rolling real far, and im not even looking to switch
Old 08-01-2006, 10:18 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
Ryan will straight take a bike from the salvage yard and roll stoppies on it...I remember in Texas looking at your bike and saying a silent prayer for you.

Anyways, the point of this thread was to help the guys that ride the f4i's get a better setup. If somebody has a really good feeling setup, take pics of the triples and show everybody the position of the forks as a reference point. I HIGHLY recommend everybody who plans on getting serious get some aftermarket (Race Tech) springs and start there. Once the forks are nice and stiff, the next step is finding the sweet spot for the forks in the triples.
woops my bad, i got lost in the thread and thought it was about hondas in general, since most guys put the 954 front end on the f4i

and that bike in texas was MINT....LOL , but back on the subject i guess, wouldnt you only want to mess with the forks than if they do feel like pogo sticks?, i figured out of the box the forks should be pretty stiff , no? maybe just change to thicker fork oil?
Old 08-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
I paid $180 for the parts and the labor.

Quick Reply: Fork setups...Enough already!!!