Stunting Liability Waiver Form

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 04:48 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
Re: Liability Waiver

THis shiit is pissing me off-if people are so worried about people suing them then every single parking lot should be fenced in and locked up every single day forever. Sorry I've been getting yelled at and kicked out of every spot i ride at lately. I'm just venting. It's war from now on no more begging and pleading I'm just gonna blow up every parking lot in plain view and roll onto the next FUUK IT.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:31 AM

kona dawg can only hope to improve

I think everyone should go back to the streets!!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:53 PM

yellowdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Right on! At least you guys have all the same **** over there as we do in the UK. A nice big piece of flat tarmac without a police car on it is something to f***ing dream about round these parts! Then getting permission to ride it! F***ing forget it. Weve all got a licence full of points, section 59's on our heads and spend half our income on fines!
Old 10-31-2006, 08:40 PM
Magnificent Ruffian

Joeyblitz is an unknown quantity at this point

nightmare
Old 11-03-2006, 01:52 PM

DerekS is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, so i see this is workin for some of you guys. I have a question about it though. What is the best way to go up to the owner and ask him?
Old 11-03-2006, 05:36 PM

Bender is an unknown quantity at this point

This is for OZ but I would imagine you have a similar insurance system...

I have a "Registered" Motorcycle, this also includs $1,000,000 per person per case 3rd Party Personal Damage (Eg Me sending my bike off into a person) and I have also taken out a $20,000,000 3rd Party Property Damage (Eg Me running into a Car or Building, costing me around $200AUD p/a ontop of rego) I looked into exactly what the Policies covered me for and it turns out they cover me on Any Surface, Any Where, No Exclusions I give the place I ride at my waiver (similar to the above) and showed them the insurance details they were happy as...

I imagine that if I was Racing or Performing at an Organised Show then I wouldn't have the insurance cover but either way you guys should look into what "General" vehicle insurance covers you for.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:24 PM

ninjaskills66 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh sweet. i've being thinking of what to write for a waiver....but i can just print out one of these ones. thanks guys.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:33 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

the deal on wiavers, this the 3rd post of it. however, a waiver is somewhat useless, u need to have a parking lot manager or owner sign a waiver that they will not sue you for damages resulting of you riding upon their property, if ur riding and something falls on u in any case then u can sue them for not having it fastened down, but then again they can get you for trespassing after business hours. thus the need for insurance policies, because u are liable for damages, period. and if ur on the property n have a signiture that they wont sue u, u still have to worry about damages to outsude properties. an open parking lot, u may have n officer give u the boot because of the risk of property damages which they can have the authority to do
Old 11-23-2006, 01:40 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

+1 ...........
Old 01-03-2007, 06:03 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stunting Liability Waiver Form

im going to try that one out here in omaha and see what i can get out of these punk *** cops... i usually just run but it would be way nicer if theyd just either chill and watch or not even show up... I guess it would be way easier if they were somewhat on our side.. lol
Old 02-26-2007, 12:18 PM

J Dollaz is a decent person

Thanxs For This idea,
I've been thinking about this all off Season,
I almost got arrested Cuz Some DICK Didn't
Like all The Skid Marks in the LOT. ( All My Fualt
Tresspassing, Damage to Property)

But Next Year i will find a new Lot, and have someone
Agree to this waiver. I dont see how it wouldnt work
if you find a decent stand up guy. Who doesnt like
to see a trick here and there?
Old 05-07-2007, 12:44 AM

DRKSIDE is a decent person

To add another q in the long line of q's...What would happen when the owner sees all the scrape marks around the lot from your 12 bar? Would you have to pay to get new tarmac laid? I guess it would come down to how pedantic the owner is, hey?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:55 PM

mxracer95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Waivers are a great idea and can help reluctant property owners feel more comfortable. However, as mentioned, waivers do NOT prevent you from suing. They are pretty much useless except as a "feel-good" measure.

Please check your state laws. Many states (I know CA and NY do) have "Recreational Use" laws. These laws are designed to encourage property owners to open their property for recreation activities. Not only do these law prevent the owner from being liable, but they also prevent the courts from accepting any lawsuit. Unlike a waiver where you can still sue and the owner has to pay out the *** in legal fees, Recreational-Use laws forbid any lawsuit from ever being accepted.

If your state has a Recreational Use law, it will be a tremendous help to keep a copy of that with you to give to any property owner concerned about liability.

For CA, here, in PDF format, is the statute and an article describing the application of the law: California Recreational Use Statute.pdf
Old 07-18-2007, 10:46 AM

kiLLer10R is a decent person

I had a similar problem a few years back... me and a friend of mine have a big vacant lot across the street and would make dirt jumps for our bicycles well as we got better the ramps became bigger, soon leading us to get kicked off. a few days later we went and talked to the guy and had a lil waiver sayin we wouldnt sue him or hold him responsible for any damages... done the same thing every since then and its never failed. just be polite and respectful and most people wont have a problem with it... atleast around here anyway
Old 07-23-2007, 08:10 PM

Reyals Bemus is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah but you guys were on bicycles... A tiny bit different...
Old 08-03-2007, 09:34 PM

ecthemc is a decent person

Thanks for the form guys.. helps out alot.> I had a written thing out.. was pretty gay. .with a buisness card on it and signed.. hella foolish lol..

Well The form is 100% legit.. Talked to my bro hes a lawyer.. Everything stated in the first one is fine..

Tho.. I got a new spot hooked up.. and The owner stated.. We need one for Spectators... In the unlikely event a friends girlfriend were to come over and get annialated by a bike she coudlnt sue the owner..

that would be resourceful. im going to talk to my bro about writing me one.. "waivers" for any spectator that is present.. It's also mandatory and I added it into the original contract..

Best to be 100% liability free.. so when the worse happens.. You dont have to "could of should of"

Tys again for the first waiver

also.. becareful of the spectators.. because my relationship with the owner is very good.. and If someone sued him over something i was at fault for..

I would regret it for a long long time..

Were not trying to break anything.. but in the unlikely event we go thru the front window at least its on paper so there is No sueing !

Last edited by ecthemc; 08-03-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by mxracer95
Waivers are a great idea and can help reluctant property owners feel more comfortable. However, as mentioned, waivers do NOT prevent you from suing. They are pretty much useless except as a "feel-good" measure.

Correct - You can get sued for anything..
However.. like I said.. make sure the spectators sign wavers..
They can sue when they get hurt.. but- They wont win..
And like in the agreement anything you break you pay for..
Well if you dont.. youll get sued.. and you'll lose..
Waivers are just a thin net like trapez artists use.. But in this world
When you hit the net.. it can fall at any time and youll hit the pavement..

Waivers do hold in court.. Look at six flags.. You dont even sign a waiver..

it's stated on the back of your freaking ticket saying there not liable for any deaths, missing limbs etc..

You can sue them.. but you'll lose..

IF properly stated, dated, signed..

They will hold in court.. I kid you not !
Old 09-05-2007, 07:37 PM

StuntLine C.C. is a decent person

Does anyone have a wavier form they could send me so i could go get some made. I would like some for videos so i could use footage legally and for safety for when we begin to host big shows.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:20 AM

Did you not read this thread??

Start at post #1 and read untill you can find one LOL !

Then copy paste it.. (Highlight all text with mouse) right click.. "copy"

Open up notepad .. Right click paste in the notepad window

Edit the waiver agreement as you want, but I'd be careful if you don't understand it !
Old 09-06-2007, 12:37 PM

StuntLine C.C. is a decent person

Oh guess I missed that.. lol
Thanks..

Quick Reply: Stunting Liability Waiver Form