Your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Your opinion?

I've been looking at the EAA Witness P Carry. It is a full frame with a compact slide and barrel.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:14 AM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

KO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond repute

I'm picking up a Sig P229 next week for 400. Too good of a deal to pass on. Only 250 rounds through it.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:19 PM
STILL ON PROBATION!

WolfmanJack is a decent person

For you. . .Airsoft gets my vote!
Old 12-21-2009, 02:56 PM

Irishhooligan is a decent person

ruger 357
and the ak i ride around with on my back, always bustin in t town
Old 12-21-2009, 03:08 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

I own the XD 40 compact (4") and have been happy with it. At 5'10" 165 it is a little large for my likes to carry - it gets in the way if it's in my back and anywhere else it is too big for.

Like Tneck said it depends on functionality, what types of activity you have to perform while carrying, you should be looking on a concealed carry forum for more opinions - especialy responsible ones. My next purchase will most likely be a subcompact xd9 for ankle carry.

Still throwing around the idea of going with the real stopping power ... .50 Glock - http://www.guncrafterindustries.com/sneakpreview.shtml
Old 12-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by scott3824
I own the XD 40 compact (4") and have been happy with it. At 5'10" 165 it is a little large for my likes to carry - it gets in the way if it's in my back and anywhere else it is too big for.

Like Tneck said it depends on functionality, what types of activity you have to perform while carrying, you should be looking on a concealed carry forum for more opinions - especialy responsible ones. My next purchase will most likely be a subcompact xd9 for ankle carry.

Still throwing around the idea of going with the real stopping power ... .50 Glock - http://www.guncrafterindustries.com/sneakpreview.shtml
do they make that conversion for the model 22?
Old 12-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

The 50cal conversion will get you in a LOT more legal trouble if ever used...
Old 12-21-2009, 07:33 PM

Irishhooligan is a decent person

i dont know if i just cant read( you dont have to tell me i cant spell) but a .38 is small and has the power. iv shot a tures(or somthing like that) 40 and it was not accurate you have to be like barrel to the face, 22 cant go wrong with that tho iv seen alot of models that are compact and vey accurate. had a browning 22 pistol could shoot a turd in the wind but moma caught me with that
Old 12-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Post Whore Nazi

I am a little more accurate than that. Have a little more experience than that with a weapon and need a little more stopping power. A 22 is a great weapon, I've had a P22 and loved it. Great as a BACKUP weapon. But I need a primary weapon. Thanks though
Old 12-21-2009, 08:40 PM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

KO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond repute

Are you wanting a. 40 or. 45 bro?
Old 12-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Post Whore Nazi

I was kinda wanting a 10mm but a .40 is real close. My XD was a .45. Either will work.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:16 PM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

My partner just picked up a Sig P220, It's a. 45. He likes it so far. Now I just gota go pick my Sig up
Old 12-21-2009, 11:17 PM

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MoHawk
The 50cal conversion will get you in a LOT more legal trouble if ever used...
Sorry but you are far from correct, assuming your CC laws are similar to ours. Lethal force is lethal force. There are no stipulations for caliber when it comes to the law. The same outcome can be had with a .22. If it becomes necessary to use it, which I hope it never does, I want to know an attacker will be stopped from causing their intended harm.

Last edited by 3824; 12-21-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by T-NECK
do they make that conversion for the model 22?
I can't say for sure but I don't think so.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Post Whore Nazi

Originally Posted by scott3824
Sorry but you are far from correct, assuming your CC laws are similar to ours. Lethal force is lethal force. There are no stipulations for caliber when it comes to the law. The same outcome can be had with a .22. If it becomes necessary to use it, which I hope it never does, I want to know an attacker will be stopped from causing their intended harm.

Agreed... Final outcome=Dead.... Hopefully. But if you do not kill them and are brought to court, they will use the defense that having a regular deadly firearm was not enough for you. You had to go out and purchase a conversion kit to inflict as much damage as possible to the assailant. Same with if someone breaks into your house and you shoot once and kill them, good to go. But if you unload 87 rounds in them, you will have a much harder time getting away with it...
Old 12-22-2009, 12:34 AM

dopey101 is a decent person

I carry a S&W m&p in 9 i carry it often and it conceals very well the service from smith is increadable i call them asking to buy a part for my gun because i have worn/broken (never broke a part yet) and they send it to me for free i have 15,000 rounds thru the gun and it is amazingly accurate and performs flawless i am on my 3rd barrel in the gun because of bad ammo but havent paid for one smith gave em to me for free

galco makes a ton of holsters for the inside and outside the waistband

my grandpa has owned one in 40 and 45 both have performed just as well as mine his can consistantly shoot a 3/8th group off a bench at 25yrd from a sandbag

i have also owned an XD9s and XD40 tactical and sot an XD-m9 and the smith outperfors it in accuracy feel and reliability

the M&P also has an amazingly crisp trigger
Old 12-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Post Whore Nazi

Thanks... I'll look into that for sure.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:56 AM

dopey101 is a decent person

in my opinion its the best for all around use i shoot mine in ipsc/uspsa competitions as often as i can and it easily performs just as good as any other gun out there and i would want nothing else in my hand if i needed to defend my or my families lives
Old 12-22-2009, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by MoHawk
Agreed... Final outcome=Dead.... Hopefully. But if you do not kill them and are brought to court, they will use the defense that having a regular deadly firearm was not enough for you. You had to go out and purchase a conversion kit to inflict as much damage as possible to the assailant. Same with if someone breaks into your house and you shoot once and kill them, good to go. But if you unload 87 rounds in them, you will have a much harder time getting away with it...
You must not have the Castle Doctrine there.

What you are referring to would only apply in a civil case. Find me a case where that was used as the main point of prosecution.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:38 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

sprigfield xd sub compact 40 s&w great weapon not to expensive

Quick Reply: Your opinion?