NJ gun permit

Old 12-05-2007, 09:28 PM

cjstunts is an unknown quantity at this point
NJ gun permit

can anyone help me with the laws of a gun permit in NJ and what i need to do to apply? i searched online but it seemed very confusing to me. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NJ gun permit

best thing to do is figure out if your in state police or township police territory....next find the station for whichever one patrols your area....goto the station and ask for the paperwork...then be prepared to wait.....it will also cost some $$...the officers will fill u in on what....thats about as good an explanation youll get in this state....o yeah did i say it would take a while after u got all the stuff in.....in some cases up to 6months...welcome to **** jersey......
Old 12-06-2007, 01:40 AM

juzslidin has a spectacular aura aboutjuzslidin has a spectacular aura about

i realy hope your just trying to get a reg permit , not a ccp .

btw , call me , i gotta tell u somethin
Old 12-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

i know a guy with one in jersey, he said you have to know someone and even then it still takes forever. New Jersey is a communist state with commy rules and im sure if they could they'd destroy all civilian guns and cut your ***** off. In PA i paid $40 with the phone in background investiagtion and bam got the permit the way it should be done. Jersey's so fucked you cant even have hollow points in your house.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:18 PM

onewheelneil is an unknown quantity at this point

here in n.c.,I paid $10 bucks and got it right then.:YEAH
Old 12-06-2007, 05:35 PM

investor7523 is a decent person

i was talkin to some guy down here in ocean county and he said 6 months minimum, and a background check going all the way back through the FBI. you have to go to your local pd to fill out an application.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:48 PM

ksolo is an unknown quantity at this point

Its probably similar to ny. here you gotta put a deposit on or have a legal gun that somebody legally owns to put down as the weapon your using. $95 dollar processing fee for local and fbi backgound checks. you gotta go to the sheriffs office to turn it on and be fingerprinted and what not. thay wont do the background check til u take the pistol safety course too. which is $40 in my county. I just signed up and cant get in til march. then they say 1-2 months for background check to come thru...
Old 12-31-2007, 11:59 AM

builtone is a decent person
Re: NJ gun permit background check

Originally Posted by cjstunts
can anyone help me with the laws of a gun permit in NJ and what i need to do to apply? i searched online but it seemed very confusing to me. Any help would be appreciated.
Application Process:
http://www.longhillnj.org/police/pol..._firearms.html Firearm applications pertaining to hand gun purchase permits, gun identification cards, change of address on current gun identification cards and hand gun permit to carry applications may be picked up at the Long Hill Township Police Department. Prior to receiving the application you must contact the police department and make an appointment with a detective at (908) 647-1800. In order to qualify for any firearm permit request you must currently be a resident of Long Hill Township.
Once the application is submitted, the applicant will be required to undergo a thorough background check which includes a finger print examination through the New Jersey State Police and Federal Bureau of Investigations. Please allow (8) weeks for the completion of the background check to be completed. If the applicant had previously been fingerprinted by the Long Hill Township Police within the last (2) years they will not need to undergo a fingerprint examination but must submit to a criminal name check through the New Jersey State Police, which requires a certified check or money order made payable to the New Jersey State Police SBI in the amount of $18.00.

NICS Background Check
National instant criminal background check system (NICS) was put into effect on November 30, 1998. Essentially, the national instant criminal background check system was established in response to the need for mandatory background checks on persons desiring to purchase firearms, otherwise called Federal Firearms License (FFL) holders. The national instant criminal background check system was instituted by the US Attorney General in accordance with the Brady Act, which was passed in November 1993. Basically, the national instant criminal background check system was put into effect so that any person desiring to own a firearm may be looked into more easily. In other words, with the national instant criminal background check system, you may easily determine if someone wanting to own a firearm is prohibited from doing so in accordance to the Gun Control Act of 1968.
Hence, the importance of the national instant criminal background check system, particularly if you are the owner or a dealer of a firearms store.

To conduct a background check using the national instant criminal background check system, you simply have to submit a completed ATF Form 4473. After this, you then contact the national instant criminal background check system, either through a toll number or through the national instant criminal background check system Electronic Check System online. When you do get in touch with the national instant criminal background check system, you then request for the background check information stated in the said ATF Form 4473. Know that the national instant criminal background check system is normally accessible 17 hours daily and every day of the week, counting holidays but excluding Christmas.

Good luck with your firearm purchase application. Be safe. Learn the 4 basic rules of gun safety.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:31 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

its so amazing how sissy gun control actually increases crime rate. yet the only people who realize this are honest law abiding citizens with common sense. same thing with drugs. if you suddenly made cocaine completely legal and for sale at kmart imagine how much black market and crime would be destroyed? what is this country coming to? weve got so many liberal idiots running the show and nobody who knows what their doing.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:36 AM

gixxerkohl is a decent person

:YEAH me i just use a paintball gun:YEAH
Old 09-15-2009, 10:45 AM

GoNRA is a decent person

This is from Senator Madden's office. Everyone should attend.

Below please find the information for the One Gun A Month Public Hearing:

September 24, 2009
11:00am
State House Committee Room 4

The hearing is open to anyone, but if you are intersted in testifying, below please find the information for Sobande Afolabi in Governor Corzine's Counsel office. Please call her to give your name so it could be added to the list to testify.
Sobande Afolabi (609 777-2462)

Jenna Lihvarcik
Legislative Aide
4th Legislative District
Senator Madden, Asm. Moriarty & Asw. Love
129 Johnson Rd., Suite 1
Turnersville, NJ 08012
Old 07-02-2011, 11:44 PM

Parashooter is a decent person

Originally Posted by ksolo
Its probably similar to ny. here you gotta put a deposit on or have a legal gun that somebody legally owns to put down as the weapon your using. $95 dollar processing fee for local and fbi backgound checks. you gotta go to the sheriffs office to turn it on and be fingerprinted and what not. thay wont do the background check til u take the pistol safety course too. which is $40 in my county. I just signed up and cant get in til march. then they say 1-2 months for background check to come thru...
??? What county are you in??? NY STATE requires nothing more than fingerprints, submission for FBI background check (no reply required) and your fees... References are required, but that is being challenged in court now. Training, some counties push, but it is actually unconstitutionally illegal.

In NJ, you need a FOID (Firearms Owner ID) card. THEN you can buy whatever you want. You have to get a purchase permit for each gun though, which can take time.

THIS IS TO *OWN* and have *IN YOUR HOME* not to carry... NJ carry license is near impossible (I had a high-up person and couldn't get it)

You CAN have hollow-points in NJ - it's just that the law is so confusing you're better off not having them - the only hollow-points I've ever bought were IN NJ.