New to forum!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 09:11 AM

mitchyboy01 is a decent person
New to forum!

Hi peeps,

I'm from the UK and new to forum although I have been a 'lurker' for a while

I have always had big bikes, Blades, R1, TLR, ZX6, ZX7R and loads more. I sold up when my boy was born as I figured going 150mph everywhere probably isn't the best idea if I want to see him grow up!

I see myself as a fairly competent rider and quite quick although the roads here are so bad now it's not worth having a big sports bike. I could do semi decent wheelies but have never felt comfortable at balance point as I didn't have full confidence in the back brake, and on an R1 I didn't want to learn the hard way!

I have bought a 50cc scoot to muck around on to hopefully develop some skills I can carry through to the big bikes in future. I'm not really interested in going fast these days and just want to learn slow speed control. I wanted a CRF50 but there is nowhere to ride off road here so I have had to buy a road legal Aprillia SR50 scooter. I have full protective kit from my motocross days so that is sorted too.

Any tips on my bike and how best to start would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mitch.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:15 AM

DARKS1D3 is a decent person
Re: New to forum!

First welcome to the site! Second im confused on what kind of advice your looking for? i dont think your going to be doing to many wheelies on that Aprilia if thats what u got it for.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:03 PM

Hi cheers. I'm totally new to stunting so any advice on starting out really. I had a scooter at 16 similar to this and my friend could wheelie it until he got bored (over a mile at times) so I know they can be wheelied.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:29 PM

DARKS1D3 is a decent person

thats prob your only gonna be able to do with it. i dont know if they sell any protection for scooters as far as a cage or sliders but for yourself i would wear a good helmet, leather jacket and knee protection
Old 06-22-2013, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by DARKS1D3
thats prob your only gonna be able to do with it. i dont know if they sell any protection for scooters as far as a cage or sliders but for yourself i would wear a good helmet, leather jacket and knee protection
I think scooters take a beating pretty well and its pretty battered anyway so not to bothered if I smash ot too bits. Just seen a few vids of scooter stunts and if I could half of what they can do id be happy. Just basic brake control and learning balance point is what I'm after then ill move up to something bigger. Thanks.