How is Everybody!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 01:35 AM

SilverOrange is a decent person
How is Everybody!

Hello! My name is John, I have been riding for about 6 years now, only 19 years old. I am purchasing a 1994 CBR600 F2 as my first sport bike. I have ridden cruiser style bikes only before. I am getting this bike for a steal, $750 bucks with only 1200 miles on it haha. Friend of mine's brother went to prison, he wants the money on his books. The bike needs a starter and carb work but it is all easy stuff. Now since I got this bike cheap, I plan on using it to practice wheelies, drifting, that sort of thing. Buying a 50 tooth sprocket, a little bit bigger than the factory (47 if I remember correctly), I don't want to lose that much top end.

Only sport bike I ever rode before was a gixxer 750, and damn it was fun. I could actually take turns fast without the bike losing it. I am saving money to get a gixxer 1000, which I don't plan on taking the 50% power switch off for a couple of weeks after I get it haha. This is going to be my practice bike.

So question... I have never switched up sprockets before, about how much of a difference am I looking at with a +3 tooth change? I realize I won't be able to do power wheelies with a carborated 600, but I want some more low end umph to keep up with bigger bikes light to light.

Some more about myself, carpenter working\ living in northern colorado, born\raised in galveston\nachogdoches texas. I am totally addicted to riding, I sold my bike to make ends meet last winter and I have that itch to be riding, I can't wait to get this new bike.

I'll be trolling the forums for the next couple of weeks, picking up information, anything I should know as a beginning stunter? I plan on breaking bones, have before and I know I will again before I am done haha.

Last edited by SilverOrange; 05-19-2013 at 01:42 AM.